Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: D.Gray-man Season 1 (Episodes 1-51) Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    British Indian Ocean Territory
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The D.Gray-Man Anime Thread

ummm…… I've downloaded the RAW and, even thought I waited a lot for the manga, I don't like it much I prefer the manga. And Allens voice >< it's terrible it really doesn't suit him, I really sound like a girl…
    [img width=126 height=170]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1333/earlsigla7.png[/img]<br />[size=12pt]CLICK THIS!! QUICK!![/size]<br />I colored the manga I didn&#039;t steal it!<br />http://oathkeeper.jconserv.net/index.php &lt;-- KH fans click here please^^

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't judge everything from one episode even though some of the characters don't look as cool in the anime. *Cough* Kanda and Tiki *Cough*
    Aw man, judging from the preview from the next episode, it looks like they're going to skip that one small part where Allen helps that little boy out. They're going straight to Komui. ><

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a mac so whatever that WMP is it won't work for me... Still i rather have a group who is familiar to leave it as we know it.[br]Posted on: October 03, 2006, 05:02:23 PM_________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPearl
    ummm?? I've downloaded the RAW and, even thought I waited a lot for the manga, I don't like it much I prefer the manga. And Allens voice >< it's terrible it really doesn't suit him, I really sound like a girl?
    Well i know we cant have our cake and eat it too but i think his voice is fine. Some people are just to picky about voices which is what i think

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was impressed with the first episode. ^^
    If it continues like this, I think I'll end up enjoying it as much as the manga.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Really really nice ep, too bad we don't know if any group will pick it up yet, but hopefully a good group will.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, let's a little bit bitch around ...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPearl
    And Allens voice >< it's terrible it really doesn't suit him, I really sound like a girl…
    well, the voice actor IS a girl and they can say want they want i will ever cry about female voice actors for teenage male characters ... but yes, I think it's a little bit to much "female" for Allen. I would have prefer the Seiyuu of FMAs Ed IF a female voice actor were really necessary.
    And if someone here really needs a reason why I dislike it so much --> I don't know how to fall in love with a guy who sounds like my sister, it really kills the mood

But so far the other voices were pretty good and I like to hear more main voices next week.

As for my biggest problem: I get a colour flash every time I see the "black" hair in the opening/ending. It's a little bit to much green and blue for my taste. And Rabi/Labi/Ravi/Lavi/[Insert favorite Interpretation] looks quite a bit to adult in the opening? o.o ... hmhmhmhm

[/end of bitching]

I love the music and I think the animation quality is fine - not uber-quality but not bad either. The voice actors are pretty good (besides Allen girlish voice, but I can life with it). We will see how it works out in the next few weeks. Usually the first few episodes are kinda hard to "hear" if you were a manga reader for so many chapters.
    Of course, we all have different imaginations of the voices - so there will always be someone who dislikes a voice like hell. But that's something you have with all Manga adaptions - I remember Sasukes voice first time I saw the Naruto Anime: I bashed my head on the table and screamed, now it's one of the anime voices I don't want to miss anymore.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

the sub for chinese is out though

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member marvacw's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Manda: You want me to turn you into toad jerky huh?!
    Gamabunta: Just when I had hankering for a snake-skin wallet...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't in one of the earlier chapter, the mangaka said that allen character is based off a girl character he designed before. anyways hopefully when allen eviler side shows up, his voice will show that. Is there any other group that is doing this series i wonder.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, SDproject isn't bad after all... even though i was hoping for one of my favorite groups to do it. They actually kepted Akuma unlike the did be4 when they used demon instead. Overall i like it alot and i have no complaints with the series except they did like 2 chapters or more in 1 episode...

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I figured out why i was unable to watch the raw, it's encoded to a insanely high number of frames per second, 120 fps and my computer is not that powerful enough to play it. Usually computer video is encoded to around 24-30 fps. Oh well, SD project's fansub is out, downloading it now.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Divine
    I figured out why i was unable to watch the raw, it's encoded to a insanely high number of frames per second, 120 fps and my computer is not that powerful enough to play it. Usually computer video is encoded to around 24-30 fps.
    Now that you say it ... 119,8 fps is something I see often in the last few months o.O
    Well, I don't have a problem with it and my laptop is pretty old with a stupid onboard chip (not even card). But it's far above the PAL (24,9) or NTSC (29,9) standarts. I don't know how people get this rates, besides a high fps gives usually a lower quality.
    Whatever the sub has 23,9 fps. So shouldn't be any problem.

And it's a good sub. Can't complain about it.

Ah, haha ... i noticed in the scene in the police office, they used this short background track from DNAngel. Maybe it's usual to use such short sounds in different animes, but I was suddenly remind of it.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

the anime is great

i was really surprised how good they did that
    and i won't bitch about allens voice, it'll get better into the role soon or we get used to it.

but two things were kinda hard for me....
    they changed from the cross falling down to that lamp... it doesn't have the same symbolism as the cross had.
    and the voice of the earl... i think i grew too attached to phyllo from .hack//roots to like his voice as the voice of the earl. (btw. why does the mouth of the earl not move O_O kinda gross seeing him with the same face all the time xD

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted destinator's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ttxdragon
    (btw. why does the mouth of the earl not move O_O kinda gross seeing him with the same face all the time xD
    LOL you noticed that too xD? I was wondering about the same thing xD

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ttxdragon
    i was really surprised how good they did that
    and i won't bitch about allens voice, it'll get better into the role soon or we get used to it.

(btw. why does the mouth of the earl not move O_O kinda gross seeing him with the same face all the time xD
    I agree about the first part, i LOVE what they did to the anime, and i especially love that opening, i never was a Miranda or Crowley fan before i saw that one--... <3

And the Earl's mouth moving would look awkward, he never was made to have mouth movement if you ask me, i think they tried and tried to make it look okay but eventually gave in because it was too hard ( or the mangaka told them not to animate it ^^ )

New Reply
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast