Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Kuchiki Byakua vs Ulquiorra(who would win)

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Byakuya

17 23.29%
  • Ulq

56 76.71%
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuchiki Byakuya vs Ulquiorra

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revolation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuchiki Byakuya vs Ulquiorra

Ok first of all I'd watch this just for the potential dialogue between the two

Facts:

We don't know exactly how much stronger Ulq's 2nd release made him at all. there was no clearification.

byakuya hasn't shown all of his moves. ulq has since he is well dead any moves he didn't show will never be known now.
    orihime should had rejected the "ulq dust"

we don't know of the full extent of byakuya's kido.

ulq can shoot nuke lances
    Last edited by Revolation; June 18, 2009 at 10:16 PM.
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ozehro's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kuchiki Byakuya vs Ulquiorra

Byakuya's senkei was sure impressive. I mean Ichigo went from super fast
    to absolute poor in a matter of seconds after being trapped inside that attack.
    shirosaki as usual had to help him out. but that said Ulq has this in the bag.
    and I doubt kido would have done much since the ones with higher reiatsu simply
    breaks through. but regardless this would make for an awesome fight!

*Predictions:*
    |Ulquiorra was the only VL under Aizen|
    |Aizen is not the last villain in Bleach|
    |Use the espada sig and Credit Geoff|

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozehro View Post
    Byakuya's senkei was sure impressive. I mean Ichigo went from super fast
    to absolute poor in a matter of seconds after being trapped inside that attack.
    shirosaki as usual had to help him out. but that said Ulq has this in the bag.
    and I doubt kido would have done much since the ones with higher reiatsu simply
    breaks through. but regardless this would make for an awesome fight!
    yeah. check out my latest post in the fantasy fight thread. i listed some other fights i wish to see as well in there
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the way I see it in the four arts of the shinigami (zanjutsu, kido, hand to hand, and shunpo):

Hand to Hand: We havn't seen Byakuya fight with his hands/feet/body, we have seen Ulquiorra, as he doesn't have a sword either of his resurreccion forms (well, lanza in segunda can be a sword as well as a throwing javelin). Ulquiorra was owning Ichigo in his primera etapa with just his hands, so I give it to Ulquiorra.

Shunpo/Speed: I also think Ulquiorra has this one down. Bankai Ichigo was able to match Byakuya's speed when Byakuya used massacre scene (senkei), and Bankai Ichigo with the mask was on par/slightly faster than unreleased Ulquiorra. With Ulquiorra in primera etapa, Ulqui was so fast that Ichigo relied only on his reflexes+GT in his sword to stop some of his attacks. I also have to give this one to Ulquiorra.

Kido: Well, if you count cero/lanza as kido (both reiatsu based attacks), then I'd say that Ulqui has the advantage. As his cero will blow away probably most kido by Byakuya, and then Lanza is a friggin nuke (well, his cero oscuras is also a nuke). The only place that Byakuya might have the advantage is in Bakudou, restraining kidou, like his six rod light prison (bakudou #61) or Dankuu (Bakudo 80 something, forgot the exact number). Dankuu might be able to give Byakuya some defense against ceros and possibly even lanza (though i doubt it), but I personally doubt that the six rod light prison would be able to restrain Ulquiorra for very long, as I could see him overpowering it easily in his resurreccion form. However, even if it just holds him still for a second, it's one more second Byakuya to attack. So I say it's a tossup.

Zanjutsu: Ulquiorra kind of loses his sword after resurreccion, but his lanza de relampago acts as one in segunda etapa, so I'll just count that instead. Well, even unreleased, his swordfighting can be compared to that of bankai ichigo (save for the GT of course), relying on speed mostly, but yet his sword is still plenty powerful (it held back the attacks of vizard bankai ichigo). So Ulquiorra might be able to get by with just that for the first form of Senbonzakura Kageyoshi (where Byakuya goes for a omnidirectional attack). However, if he does go to segunda etapa, and uses his lanza, not only can his lanza be thrown as a nuke, but it can be used in close range as a sword/spear. I give the advantage to Ulquiorra.

I'm sorry to say, but Ulquiorra has shown the most impressive feats of the espada other than possibly Stark (who has impressive cero abilities indeed, the chapter just came out a few hours ago). Unreleased Ulquiorra is roughly analogous to bankai ichigo, he has a normal sword, he has a kido-like attack (cero for Ulqui, GT for Ichigo), and is a speed demon. Then when you go to segunda etapa, he has a throwable nuke sword/spear, even more powerful kido-like attack, and is even faster than before. I have to give it to Ulqui.

However, that said, I still do believe that Byakuya>Hitsu and Soi Fon.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Senbonzakura can't affect Ulq cuz he's fast even Ichigo was able to dodge or/and stop it IMO

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    Hand to Hand: We havn't seen Byakuya fight with his hands/feet/body, we have seen Ulquiorra, as he doesn't have a sword either of his resurreccion forms (well, lanza in segunda can be a sword as well as a throwing javelin). Ulquiorra was owning Ichigo in his primera etapa with just his hands, so I give it to Ulquiorra.

Zanjutsu: Ulquiorra kind of loses his sword after resurreccion, but his lanza de relampago acts as one in segunda etapa, so I'll just count that instead. Well, even unreleased, his swordfighting can be compared to that of bankai ichigo (save for the GT of course), relying on speed mostly, but yet his sword is still plenty powerful (it held back the attacks of vizard bankai ichigo). So Ulquiorra might be able to get by with just that for the first form of Senbonzakura Kageyoshi (where Byakuya goes for a omnidirectional attack). However, if he does go to segunda etapa, and uses his lanza, not only can his lanza be thrown as a nuke, but it can be used in close range as a sword/spear. I give the advantage to Ulquiorra
    Ulquiorra loses a physical sword when he releases but he still has an energy sword in his resurreccion.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/345/16/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/346/03/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/346/12/
    He can use that in the same way he could use any sword. Now, whether he has (or needs) that in his segunda etapa is debatable.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I think is true, he could be capable of summoning one of those light spear that he had on primera etapa since you do not lose the abilities of your previous states

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ulquiorra loses a physical sword when he releases but he still has an energy sword in his resurreccion.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/345/16/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/346/03/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/346/12/
    He can use that in the same way he could use any sword. Now, whether he has (or needs) that in his segunda etapa is debatable.
    Oh, my bad, memory lapse (forgetting Ulqui using a energy-sword).

However, i'd rather have a throwable nuke sword/spear/javelin than a energy-based sword, as it's just more versatile, so I'll say that if he has it, he didn't need it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, my bad, memory lapse (forgetting Ulqui using a energy-sword).

However, i'd rather have a throwable nuke sword/spear/javelin than a energy-based sword, as it's just more versatile, so I'll say that if he has it, he didn't need it.

I agree. but ulq couldn't even control it right. why couldn't he just down the enrgy since it's a energy sword and he could control it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Revolation View Post
    Ok first of all I'd watch this just for the potential dialogue between the two
    Lol, totally.

Normally, I'd say Ulquiorra. But after seeing how overpowered the captains have become, I'm not so sure any more. I think it would be a pretty close battle. Ulquiorra seems more powerful at the moment, but Byakuya obviously didn't show everything he has in the 3 real fights that he had. And actually, I can honestly say that the one against Ichigo was the only serious fight among those. And it was obvious he can do more.
    He never used any high level Kido, and it's obvious that he can.

For now, I'd say Ulquiorra.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KisamoriAEspada's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ulquiorra.
    Because.... Ichigo beats Byakuya.
    But Ichigo cant beat Ulquiorra.
    Sweet and Simple.
    Bleach Fanfic-y
    Espada Number:0
    Name:Kisamori Envie
    Zanpakuto: Volcuris Procer
    Command:Heikei (shift)
    Hates:Starrk

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This goes to Ulquiorra quite easily, in my opinion. Byakuya was evidently on the way to victory against Ichigo with just his bankai after wearing him down, but once Shirosaki came out (which was basically equivalent to Visored Ichigo in strength, I'd imagine), he was clearly pretty outmatched. Yet released Ulquiorra totally outclassed Visored Ichigo in his own proficiencies, namely his speed, power, and his reiatsu-based attack (nevermind Ulquiorra's high-speed regeneration).

I say Byakuya would have to use bankai, possibly even senkei or shukei against Ulquiorra unreleased to outmatch him. But once Ulquiorra releases, he doesn't stand a chance.

Well, even unreleased, his swordfighting can be compared to that of bankai ichigo (save for the GT of course), relying on speed mostly, but yet his sword is still plenty powerful (it held back the attacks of vizard bankai ichigo).
    I'm afraid you're remembering wrong on that, as well.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/344/12/
    That was Ichigo's first strike after putting on his mask against him.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ulquiorra, easily. I like Byakuya ability wise. He's the most "complete" captain we've seen so far, but in terms of raw power he's completely overrated. I consider him a mid-tier captain at best, below hitsugaya and around soi fon's level.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say byakuya is a little above in terms of power to what you said. The guy has shown proficiency in every shinigami art and is extremely well rounded. I would say he is somewhere between kyoraku/ukitake and hitsugaya/soifon.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JP_Russell View Post
    'm afraid you're remembering wrong on that, as well.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/344/12/
    That was Ichigo's first strike after putting on his mask against him.
    I meant his swordfighting style, not his actual power unreleased.

Ulquiorra relies a lot on his speed as we saw, just like Ichigo, and unreleased, doesn't have anything except for his sword, and his cero, just like Ichigo just has his sword, and his GT.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast