Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable Time Distortion Space is the Place, but the Beat Goes On

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Unbelievable Time Distortion Space is the Place, but the Beat Goes On

blah blah blah Kaiten

blah blah blah Admin

blah blah blah Hi

blah blah blah Ask me stuff
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 18, 2011 at 03:57 PM.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kaiten.Sama

Yay! My prodding worked!

So, Kaiten.Sama, I'll start off with some of the typical "favorites" questions:

Favorite manga?
    Favorite anime?
    Favorite manga/anime characters?
    Favorite food?
    Favorite type of music?

Also, how and when did you get into manga/anime in the first place?

Ok, ok, enough for now :333

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member miyavisoap's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hello there, nice to meet ya :]]
    so im just going to assume that u watch lots of animes... what are u watching currently and in past couple of months??
    and u live in maryland? i always wanted to go there cuz my bff used to live there and she tells me all these things that idk if they're true or not (oh, i live in the jersey btw)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    Yay! My prodding worked!

So, Kaiten.Sama, I'll start off with some of the typical "favorites" questions:

Favorite manga?
    Favorite anime?
    Favorite manga/anime characters?
    Favorite food?
    Favorite type of music?

Also, how and when did you get into manga/anime in the first place?

Ok, ok, enough for now :333
    I am very easily bullied and like talking about myself

So, favorites, huh.

Favorite manga is tough. I'd have to say Full Metal Alchemist but One Piece and 20th Century Boys are really close.

My favorite anime is Akira. I saw it a long time ago, before I was into anime, but it's still the most stunning animation I've ever seen.

Have to go with Haruhi as my favorite anime character, Risa and Ootani from Lovely Complex for manga.

Anything home cooked is my favorite food. I eat out almost every day because of work so anything that's actually healthy is a treat ^^

I've been into indie since the early '90's. I love anything weird, offbeat, obscure, or underrated. I listen to oldies too; pre - psych '60's, 60's/70's bubble gum and easy listening, BritPunk, and various weirdo's and freaks. I'm a big music fan, someday I'll restart my blog and post some of my albums. If I do, I'll put a link in my sig. Just remember, my taste is "off".

I got into anime/manga through Inuyasha on Adultswim about four years ago. I didn't mean to get into it, didn't even mean to watch in the first place, but once started I just wanted to know what happened next. When I ran out of episodes I switched to the manga. Not being able to stop at IY, I started reading other series.

Quote Originally Posted by miyavisoap
    hello there, nice to meet ya :]]
    so im just going to assume that u watch lots of animes... what are u watching currently and in past couple of months??
    and u live in maryland? i always wanted to go there cuz my bff used to live there and she tells me all these things that idk if they're true or not (oh, i live in the jersey btw)
    Nice to meet you to, miyavisoap!! I'm currently watching FMA2, Hayate2, new episodes of Haruhi, and Hatsukoi Limited. I have Eden of the East and Cross Game on hold until Hatsukoi ends. I usually watch new series every season and rarely watch older series. Before this batch I watched ef: a Tale of Melodies, Clannad: the After Story, and Soul Eater.

I am from Maryland. Ask anything you want about MD, I'm happy to reveal the truth
    Last edited by Kaiten; June 21, 2009 at 11:18 PM.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kaiten, since you live in Maryland, do you go to Otacon? And a follow-up question would probably be, if you do, who would you cosplay as?

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece, Haruhi, FMA, indie music.... I'm liking what I'm hearing so far.

And I can totally relate to the home-cooked meal thing. My job is the same way and I end up eating out a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post
    I got into anime/manga through Inuyasha on Adultswim about four years ago. I didn't mean to get into it, didn't even mean to watch in the first place, but once started I just wanted to know what happened next. When I ran out of episodes I switched to the manga. Not being able to stop at IY, I started reading other series.
    Ok, seriously, is this really how you found anime/manga or are you just copying me?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by [Cross
    ]Hey Kaiten, since you live in Maryland, do you go to Otacon? And a follow-up question would probably be, if you do, who would you cosplay as?
    Never been to a convention before. If I were to go I'd cosplay as Ed from FMA or Taikobo from Hoshin Engi.

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    One Piece, Haruhi, FMA, indie music.... I'm liking what I'm hearing so far.

And I can totally relate to the home-cooked meal thing. My job is the same way and I end up eating out a LOT.

Ok, seriously, is this really how you found anime/manga or are you just copying me?
    Always nice to meet other indie rockers! Any bands you like right now?

I'm a fast food connoisseur x_X I've sampled everything greasy, fried, or nasty in the capitol area. Nasty as it is, nothing beats Wendy's at 1am

ROFL!! I found Inuyasha the exact same way: watching Family Guy/Futurama/Aqua Teen. Some nights I was to lazy to go to bed or change the channel and just watched IY. After five non - consecutive episodes I was hooked, wouldn't admit it for another month, but still. Eventually I made my way to Freelance. I ended up dropping IY around chapter 518 but am still a mod and regular poster at the Freelance forum.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hatsuharupeace's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the Otaku Cafe dude... =D Got my ex-section.

Anywayy, indie music huh? You definately should check out some indie stuff from Japan, there are quite a lot of underground stuff which is really good. ^^

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kaiten, congrats on your promotion. I'm pretty sure you'll take good care of the Otaku Cafe. : D
    (I'm awfully sorry though, since I got no question or anything prepared...just wanted to drop by and wish you best luck.)

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I have Veritas fever, do you read it?

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Say, care to share with us your 5 Otaku-ish habits, if you have any?

And just curious, are you still working or studying?

▲Away till end June. ▲

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

'Sup Kaiten! Nice to see you here! I don't have any questions, just wanted to say hi. :-P
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member miyavisoap's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post
    Nice to meet you to, miyavisoap!! I'm currently watching FMA2, Hayate2, new episodes of Haruhi, and Hatsukoi Limited. I have Eden of the East and Cross Game on hold until Hatsukoi ends. I usually watch new series every season and rarely watch older series. Before this batch I watched ef: a Tale of Melodies, Clannad: the After Story, and Soul Eater.

I am from Maryland. Ask anything you want about MD, I'm happy to reveal the truth
    haha u can just call me miya or miyavi d. and im watching all those too! and have u read the hatsukoi gentei manga? its really good, u should try it. and higashi no eden and cross game is really good too except eden just ended. but i heard that new season is coming out next spring. and u should try saki, shangri-la, and phantom. they are alllll really good .

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome kaiten, I of course know you from the great ToC threads

Ah well, I don't know if this has been asked before but let's see:

what are your other hobbies, manga and anime aside
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    welcome kaiten, I of course know you from the great ToC threads

Ah well, I don't know if this has been asked before but let's see:

what are your other hobbies, manga and anime aside
    Hi Koenosaki! Aside from manga/anime I'm really interested in politics, history, economics, music, and sports. For the first I follow both domestic and foreign policy and read a lot of political science. I'm a European history buff, the next book I plan to read is about the revolutions of 1848. Economics is a new subject for me; since the current crisis began I've wanted to know as much as I can. I'm a huge American football and basketball fan, but if you sit me down in front of any sport I may as well be hypnotized. Except for hockey. Not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nami
    Say, care to share with us your 5 Otaku-ish habits, if you have any?

And just curious, are you still working or studying?
    No real Otakuish habits IMO. I do read waaay to much manga, as soon as I finish a series I start another. I'm an (very) occasional scanlator, if that counts. I've never really tried connecting to the wider culture; fan fiction, art, cosplay, etc. Nothing against them, just haven't investigated.

I work full time at Borders, for international members Borders is a chain of department store size book stores. I'll be going back to school this fall for web design certification then plan on getting a bachelors in either economics or political science.

Quote Originally Posted by miyavisoap
    haha u can just call me miya or miyavi d. and im watching all those too! and have u read the hatsukoi gentei manga? its really good, u should try it. and higashi no eden and cross game is really good too except eden just ended. but i heard that new season is coming out next spring. and u should try saki, shangri-la, and phantom. they are alllll really good.
    Then Miya or Miyavi it is! I did read Hatsukoi (and Ichigo 100%)! I'm a big Kawashita fan and very excited for her new series. I've watched about four episodes of Eden and Cross Game so far, both are phenomenal. I'm a big Chika Umino fan, the character design alone drew me to Eden. When I get a chance I'll def give your suggestions a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by ◆ T.D.A ◆
    Sorry I have Veritas fever, do you read it?
    Haven't tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by hatsuharupeace
    Good luck with the Otaku Cafe dude... =D Got my ex-section.

Anywayy, indie music huh? You definately should check out some indie stuff from Japan, there are quite a lot of underground stuff which is really good. ^^
    I'll take good care of it for you. Promise.

If I'm thinking of the same Japanese underground as you, it can get pretty nuts. I listen to Boris, and have in the past listened to boredoms, Shonen Knife, and Melt Banana. Acid Mother Temple is good, but I only have so much tolerance for 45 min songs =P

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi
    'Sup Kaiten! Nice to see you here! I don't have any questions, just wanted to say hi. :-P
    **Waves to Bomber**

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince
    Hey Kaiten, congrats on your promotion. I'm pretty sure you'll take good care of the Otaku Cafe. : D
    (I'm awfully sorry though, since I got no question or anything prepared...just wanted to drop by and wish you best luck.)
    Thanks for stopping by! Sorry about Hoop Men T_T

(longest post I've ever written, anywhere <_< thanks for bearing with me. and posting in the first place )

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast