Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable Time Distortion Space is the Place, but the Beat Goes On

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kaiten.Sama

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post
    Hi Koenosaki! Aside from manga/anime I'm really interested in politics, history, economics, music, and sports. For the first I follow both domestic and foreign policy and read a lot of political science. I'm a European history buff, the next book I plan to read is about the revolutions of 1848. Economics is a new subject for me; since the current crisis began I've wanted to know as much as I can.
    my hero

I am also interested in politics (talk with me about politics and I can't stop anymore), history (also interested but I always like to hear others on this one), economics (of course the crisis ^^) and sports. Quite amazed you're intruiged by european history. What's the most appealing in european history for you?
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm dangerous with politics I don't know how things are going on the continent right now, other then the EU elections and shenanigans in the U.K. not a lot of news have come through. It's gotten better here, but is still brutal. I've been following the rising in Iran since the election.

My favorite subjects are the middle ages, especially French, English, Byzantine, and Holy Roman Empire history. The period between the Napoleonic Wars and WWI also. I can't claim to be an expert, but I've been interested since I was a kid.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kaiten and welcome as part of the staff ^.^

I couldn't help but notice your age. It's so rare to find someone my age or older active in the manga fan community

Some personal question, but feel free not to answer if your uncomfortable with them:
    * What's your job?
    * Do you have family? Married? Kids? Plans?
    * What OS are you using?
    * What car do you drive?

That's all ^^

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Eni!!!!

I'm a late bloomer, didn't start reading manga until I was over 25. I figure that in Japan manga is meant for readers of all ages. What goes for the native culture should for everyone!

I work for Borders books as I go back to school to change careers.

I'm single, no kids.

Windows XP. I know it's bad but it's better then Vista.

I drive a 2002 Jetta and will buy German the rest of my life.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Always nice to meet other indie rockers! Any bands you like right now?
    Heh, I don't know if I'd really call myself an indie rocker, but I do like indie rock. I actually feel quite out of touch currently with the music scene in general, which sucks. I need to get back into it.... please do offer up some suggestions. I don't mind if you think your taste is "off." I'd say the same for mine.

Aaanyway, I did find a band called I Fight Dragons recently and find them to be really fun. I don't know if you're a gamer at all, but they use NES/SNES controllers and other various gaming accessories to make music (Nintendo power pad, Guitar Hero controller, Gameboy, etc...). The geek in me loves it! If that sounds at all interesting, you should check out their behind the scenes video.

So, do you play video games at all? If so, any favorite titles/genres?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama
    I'm a fast food connoisseur x_X I've sampled everything greasy, fried, or nasty in the capitol area. Nasty as it is, nothing beats Wendy's at 1am
    Mmmmm, Wendy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama
    ROFL!! I found Inuyasha the exact same way: watching Family Guy/Futurama/Aqua Teen. Some nights I was to lazy to go to bed or change the channel and just watched IY. After five non - consecutive episodes I was hooked, wouldn't admit it for another month, but still. Eventually I made my way to Freelance. I ended up dropping IY around chapter 518 but am still a mod and regular poster at the Freelance forum.
    This totally cracks me up. We found anime in EXACTLY the same way. At first I thought maybe you were stalking me or something , but now I think it's awesome. (late bloomers rule, btw )

Just curious but why did you drop IY when you did? I can't imagine dropping anything after so many chapters... or any manga really. Haven't dropped any so far. I always HAVE to see it through until the end. Do you think you'll ever finish it? I'm sure you've already been spoiled by now with all the details, so I could see why you wouldn't.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only video game I've played lately is Madden. I got an XBox 360 but can't afford games right now <_< When there's a lot I want to try. I played a lot back in the NES/SNES/Nintendo 64 days (Ultima FTW!!)

Small world huh? If it weren't for the goodness of Adult Swim, neither of us would be here. Family Guy is still one of my favorite shows!!

I dropped IY because I couldn't take the brain parasites anymore :P Sometime around the arc where Inuyasha stole that portal to hell attack from Sesshoumaru I found that I only complained about new chapters. When Sess randomly got a new sword and arm that were "in him all along" there was no turning back. I just couldn't take it anymore. The only series I've read for a year or more and dropped are IY, Reborn, and Eyeshield. Now that it's ended I'll read the rest of the World Tournament.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So what manga do you read now Kaiten? (If no one asked that before.) Any genres you prefer over another? I recall you saying that Shogakukan's got the best seinen around, while Shuiesha's the Shounen mecca (I vehimentely disagree, but I digress.) Why do you think that?

...And what are your feelings on dubbed anime compared to subbed? (I personally want to see a Gintama dub sometime in my life....)
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Koukushi Musou!! (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-D-Rufi-Thread
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com

Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been reading a lot of shojo lately. Just read Strobe Edge, Five is next. I've read every demographic and a lot of genres, only thing I don't read is yaoi. Action shonen (you knew that already ), romance, and suspense/thriller are my absolute favorite genres.

Shogakukan seinen is my preference, mostly due to taste. The Big Comic magazines tend to be sophisticated and well written, but not so much that they're dull and stuffy. Kodansha also has a lot of great titles, I just find myself liking Shogakukan a bit more. It's a really close call. And you know I'm a Jump junkie, I can't help it. They're so fast paced they just suck me in.

I always prefer subbed. There are a few series such as Inuyasha, Bleach, and FMA where I liked the English version, just never as much as the Japanese. I can't bring myself to watch D. Gray Man subbed >,< I want Gintama licensed, I want to watch it on a real TV, but I know I'll end up watching it subbed anyway.

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

No real Otakuish habits IMO. I do read waaay to much manga, as soon as I finish a series I start another. ......I work full time at Borders, for international members Borders is a chain of department store size book stores. I

Hahaha...maybe you haven't gotten into the otaku spirit yet. Do you collect figurines? Or collect any manga? Borders do stock up better than the kinokuniya store i have here, esp. for english books, so do you get the books cheaper if you get it from there?

Quote Quote:
    I'm single, no kids.

Wow! Single & Carefree...watch out for the guys stalkers i mean

▲Away till end June. ▲

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do collect manga, as much as money allows. Besides all the good series that aren't being translated online (Ikigami, Mushishi, Monkey High) but are being released officially, I like rereading the books rather then saving scanlations to my hard drive.

Quote Quote:
    Wow! Single & Carefree...watch out for the guys stalkers i mean
    **hopes the guys won't be after him**

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry about Hoop Men T_T
    Ah well, let's be honest - it was to be expected...but thanks for the sympathy. : )

It's not like my heart will bleed for months but you really start developing some special relationship with a series when you're working on it...(in my case, it's my first shot at real manga-tl)

What bugs me to a certain point is that Hoop definitely ain't one of the worst series in current WSJ.
    But that's another topic...a quite interesting one:

What series do you think is/are currently the least likable in JUMP. Plus, if you were editor and had to manage the magazine: what would you do in general? (cuts, getting certain mangaka back in action, trying to extend the roster of series...stuff like that)
    Tell me please. ^^

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member miyavisoap's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Then Miya or Miyavi it is! I did read Hatsukoi (and Ichigo 100%)! I'm a big Kawashita fan and very excited for her new series. I've watched about four episodes of Eden and Cross Game so far, both are phenomenal. I'm a big Chika Umino fan, the character design alone drew me to Eden. When I get a chance I'll def give your suggestions a chance!
    haha,thanks to my really mature guy friends, i did read ichigo 100% too. and yes, i also did become a kawashita fan too! and i liked umino since honey and clover. her sangatsu no lion is pretty good too. but still my favorite character designer is murata range!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    What bugs me to a certain point is that Hoop definitely ain't one of the worst series in current WSJ.
    But that's another topic...a quite interesting one:

What series do you think is/are currently the least likable in JUMP. Plus, if you were editor and had to manage the magazine: what would you do in general? (cuts, getting certain mangaka back in action, trying to extend the roster of series...stuff like that)
    Tell me please. ^^
    Hoop and Kuroko should switch place. The former was more then a sports series, the latter is generic. Of Jump's current line up Kuroko is my least favorite. It's offensively bland. Ironic given the plot ^^ Hoop's sole fault was it should have been in Magazine or, even better, Weekly Morning. Hoop Men and Giant Killing would have made a great tandem.

Now, I've given a lot of thought to what I'd do as an editor. First, I'd give Akaboshi a year of immunity plus heavy promotion. It could be the next Hoshin Engi, pretty much everything about it is interesting. Next I would give the editors, as a team, the ability to move anything that fails in the polls but they like to Jump SQ. It wouldn't happen much, but a few really good series could be saved. I would continue cutting series every two months. While it means ending a few good series, it keeps the magazine fresh and keeps bad series from lingering for to long. Asklepios and La Visiteur would have lingered for 40+ chapters in Sunday or Magazine.

Fun question, when you get a chance this would be an awesome post in the TOC thread!

Quote Originally Posted by miyavisoap
    haha,thanks to my really mature guy friends, i did read ichigo 100% too. and yes, i also did become a kawashita fan too! and i liked umino since honey and clover. her sangatsu no lion is pretty good too. but still my favorite character designer is murata range!!!
    I'm mostly familiar with Range from his work in the Robot anthologies. Definitely NSFW ^^ Shangir - la is def something I want to watch! My favorite character designer is ABE, the guy who did Serial Experiment Lane. He's got a new series in development, forgot the name, but I'm really looking forward to it!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Yoroshiku Kaiten~Nice to meet you
    And a few questions so this post doesn't get deleted
    1. Do you like anime music? Any song you're particularly fond of?
    2. Which internet browser do you use?

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Konbanwa Geko Moria, nice to meet you too!!

I don't really listen to anime muisc/Jpop outside of watching anime. I'm still found of the OP from Ouran High School Host Club and ED for Hatsukoi Ltd.

I use firefox. Can't stand IE haven't tried anything else.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast