Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Berserk 307 Discussion

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Berserk 307 Discussion

Berserk 307 is out!!
    Get your fix HERE.
    Feel free to discuss the chapter in this thread.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 307 Discussion

Awesome chapter, really, ahw, the art!

Falconia really is impressive. Many references too. The gargantuan stony warriors are the Spartans from 300. And monumental buildings from Rome too (Vatican's St. Peter square, the Colissium and many more...).

Next chpter out the 9th, we'll get to see Gut's band again and Elf kingdom is finally coming.
    Almost seems too good to me :P

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

This may be a stupid question, but could anyone tell what that giant dome/orb behind Falconia was? I can't figure out what it is.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

^Actually, I think it's the sun.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought, but why would there be clouds in front of AND behind the Sun?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a very good point, I didn't even notice. The only explanation I can think of is that there's another building behind the huge wings. Perhaps that's Griffith's actual castle, with a gigantic dome-shaped roof, and everything else is just leading up to it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SparkHunter13's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

CAUTION! BIG-ARSE POST AHEAD

Sorry, guys, had to quote this here, since xi0 locked the spoilers thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Rock View Post
    Yes, and because of that I don't buy that "Griffith is good and Guts is a bad guy" story. Because even if he is doing some good deeds (as he is doing now) he is not good. I consider him(as femto) nor good or evil, he is just doing what he wants.
    Yeah... Well, I don't like to pigeonhole Berserk's characters either, as this ain't your run-of-the-mill "Good vs. Evil" storybook. Indeed, Miura likes to twist our perceptions of good and evil; thus, from a certain perpective, you might even say that Guts is, in fact, the evil one.

For example, how many people has Guts actually killed? On one level, he appears vindictive, even cruel, and seems to display a wanton disregard for human life. Perhaps that's true of him, however, look deeper and you'll find that he rarely kills for killing's sake - his survival oftens depends on it. Further, Guts was raised in a band of mercernaries and has faced battle and confrontation almost every day of his life. As a result, he's come to solve each and every problem in the only way he's learned how - with a blade.

Now, consider Griffith. On the surface, he would appear to be the benevolent saviour - godly, even. The one whom humanity's been crying out for... However, look deeper and you'll find his "good" deeds to be little more than a byproduct of his own self-fulfilment.

Would you agree that because of their child Griffith will not be able to kill Guts, at least not with his hands, he'll have to order someone to do it. Maybe he couldn't even watch it, because you said the way he saved Caska.
    But the question is also if Guts could kill Griffith if he find out that it's his son's body.
    In all honesty, I believe he'd now hesitate to strike down his son - even though his son "embodies" the object of his revenge (Femto). Were this the Black Swordsman era, he wouldn't think twice about cutting him in half, but Guts has changed an awful lot since then and revenge is no longer his sole objective. In fact, at this point, I'd argue that his revenge is secondary to his relationship with Caska and their future together, but that's beside the point.

As for Femto, he wouldn't struggle to strike down Guts if forced, in my opinion. During the Count's Occultation, he proved that he cared little to nothing for Guts, as well as at the Hill of Swords, where he proclaimed himself "free" of burdensome emotions. That said, if the Demon Child were able to inhibit Femto's actions even slightly, then that might be enough for Guts to gain the upper hand when the two eventually come to a showdown.

Wow, didn't thought about that. I must say your'e right [...] Then... Zodd is Roberto???
    Yeah, you could say that.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter wasn't bad. We actually had dialogue for once, though Griffith went back to doing nothing besides looking pretty. Anyway, I'm interested in seeing if Miura does something with the preview for the next chapter that showcased Guts' metallic hand. I'm wondering if it'll develop any supernatural abilities like how the Dragon Slayer acquired it's "curse".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member pirateninjahunter's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if there is something that he is going to learn in the Elf island. I hope he does, because even though his sword might be able to kill Griffith, I dont think that having the weapon is enough for him to kill Griffith.
    Reading list in order from best to least good:
    HxH, OP, Gantz, Naruto, Bleach, Reborn, Berserk, D.Gray-Man, Psyren, Kamen Teacher, Zetman and Fairy Tail

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well of course he has to get some sort of power up from Elfheim, he is trying to kill a God after all
    Last edited by CBlitz; September 30, 2009 at 08:02 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read the chapters since Muira came back from the long break, and i have almost fought how darn brilliant an artist Muira is. Even with little dialogues the chapters are really good.

Falconia is simply beautiful. I can't wait for the next chapter, and catch up with Guts and Co. I hope Guts gain some power from his stay at Elf Island.

But i think Emperor Ganishka went down to easily and quick. But i like the his body been like an holy tree in Falconia. It remind me of the White Tree of Gondor from LOTR.

Also i think Gutts will need to form his own band(army) to take on Griffith. That will be nice.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Also i think Gutts will need to form his own band(army) to take on Griffith. That will be nice.
    power that defies fate would definitely help him <____<

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleheadedNinja View Post
    I think he's already in the process of forming one. I mean, back in the Black Swordsman Arc, he was all alone, now let's look at all the companions he has: Puck, Farnese, Serpico, Isidro, Schierke, Evarella, Roderick, Magnifico, Azan... And while he isn't travelling with him, I wouldn't be surprised if Rickert joins Guts again for the final showdown with Griffith. And there's still Casca, if she can be healed and decides to stay on Guts's side.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hard_Rock's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CAUTION! BIG-ARSE POST AHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by SparkHunter13 View Post
    Now, consider Griffith. On the surface, he would appear to be the benevolent saviour - godly, even. The one whom humanity's been crying out for... However, look deeper and you'll find his "good" deeds to be little more than a byproduct of his own self-fulfilment.
    Everyone is talking about the "white hawk" and "black swordsman" thing, but from the moment when we heard that story of "white hawk vs darkness" I thought of Guts as hawk and Griffith as darkness.

Considering the current plot, what are other 4 god hands doing now, are they involved in all of this or are they just chilling out?
    Does anyone think that we'll find about the past of other 4 god hands?
    Last edited by Hard_Rock; October 01, 2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Landscape of the End

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SparkHunter13's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleheadedNinja View Post
    I hope Guts gain some power from his stay at Elf Island.
    What, exactly, do you mean by "some power"...? Lord Spaghetti forbid that Guts actually begins to cast spells and summon elemental gods to do his bidding...

If he were to gain a power of some kind, I'd hope for something altogether more subtle yet incredibly useful to a warrior like Guts (which moves me nicely onto another out there theory I've conjured)...

I've been thinking... Ever since we were exposed to the astral world and the workings thereof, I've often wondered if the spirit/astral form of Guts' left arm remained after the flesh and bone were hacked off at the Eclipse. Thing is, now that the merging has closed the gap between the corporeal and astral worlds, perhaps this has/will enable/d Guts to manipulate the fake hand through his "phantom limb"...

Whether his astral form went unaffected at the Eclipse, he might still learn to, like Schierke, shape his spirit and extend it beyond his physical self, thereby enabling him to control the fake hand. I mean, it'd certainly be more interesting than Guts having his arm fully restored - skin, bone, tissue and all - via magical means.

Anyway, this may or may not bear relevance/significance, but I read elsewhere that the 308 preview image contains a "clink" sound effect by the fake hand...

Everyone is talking about the "white hawk" and "black swordsman" thing, but from the moment when we heard that story of "white hawk vs darkness" I thought of Guts as hawk and Griffith as darkness.
    You're talking about the Prophecy of the Hawk, right? The Hawks of Light and Darkness...?

Guts doesn't figure in the prophecy at all; Griffith/Femto is both the Hawk of Light and the Hawk of Darkness.
    Last edited by SparkHunter13; October 01, 2009 at 09:49 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast