Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Berserk 307 Spoilers

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SparkHunter13's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 307 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by shouryuujo View Post
    Anyone know if he's taking break again or there will be a regular chapter next issue as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Good News:

Next chapter, 10-9-09

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member NickPizzo's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to see Miura's great artwork once again and see the new developments in the Berserk's Universe, but I would've also wished a switch on Guts at this point. Hope it happens with the next chapter.

Enviromental's developments don't really fit me, I would enjoy more some character's development though ironically the only one character that I see to make some huge development in the upcomimg chapters is Guts.

Oh well, maybe that won't happen, maybe we will have some other chapters on Roderick, Farnese, Schierke, Isidro or even Serpico before the main character's development takes stage.

Artists of MH 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sarutobikun's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk General Discussion Thread

Interesting,with this chapter,some of my theory are confirmed.

This "Falconia" remind me the one that is related as the Palace of the supposed King of a great civilization (SK i mean)which can mean that The Sabbath...Rising of a Great City,is a kind of cycle.

The Second Thing : it seems that (seem ,it's the right verb in this manga) Griffith choose the Sake of Humanity,i don't know if many people have read the 83th chapter,but it is said that Griffith can do whatever he wants,I trully think that he can chose the Unity between Apostle and Human.

But there is always one thing Guts,he fuckin' doesn't care of Sake of Humanity or Peace,he just wants to kill his Nemesis,Griffith.

Now I can enter in my psychotropic theory :
    Referring to chapter 83,conscience is a part of "THE IDEA OF EVIL" and "THE IDEA OF EVIL" is conscience.The bad thoughts makee this entity,and based on it,we can say that Gatsu in term of thoughts, is the BEST producer of Hatred,Wrath all over the World that can possibly "food" The Desired God,it is materialized by the Beast in Him.So Don't Gatsu must be the BIG BAD GUY in all this story ?

I see the end of the Manga like that,Griffith saves the humanity and try to be forgiven by all,for his previous acts,he managed.But one person remain !
    Gatsu ! And when he sees that even Casca forgives him.The Hatred in Him and his Beherit asked him to Sacrifice all of them.One more Time.

+Don't forget,the beherit that Gatsu inherited was the beherit of a man who was betrayed by the be loved person (casca in my theory) !

Sorry if it's messy,my english isn't so good :/ !

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member L0ki's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

So Griffith finally got the kingdom he wanted so much. What will he do now? I have a theory concerning his egoistical, twisted, childlike personality, but I want to see the story develop a bit more to see if there are any leads that could make it possible.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Referring to chapter 83,conscience is a part of "THE IDEA OF EVIL" and "THE IDEA OF EVIL" is conscience.The bad thoughts makee this entity,and based on it,we can say that Gatsu in term of thoughts, is the BEST producer of Hatred,Wrath all over the World that can possibly "food" The Desired God,it is materialized by the Beast in Him.So Don't Gatsu must be the BIG BAD GUY in all this story ?
    honestly, I don't think Guts' hate is that big of a contribution to the Idea of Evil. After all it is the culmination of aeons of hate, don't think one person can make all the difference. But you make a good point about the Beast. Maybe its hate can cause Guts to lose it and sacrifice a whole bunch of people for the sake of killing a god.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobikun View Post
    Interesting,with this chapter,some of my theory are confirmed.

This "Falconia" remind me the one that is related as the Palace of the supposed King of a great civilization (SK i mean)which can mean that The Sabbath...Rising of a Great City,is a kind of cycle.

The Second Thing : it seems that (seem ,it's the right verb in this manga) Griffith choose the Sake of Humanity,i don't know if many people have read the 83th chapter,but it is said that Griffith can do whatever he wants,I trully think that he can chose the Unity between Apostle and Human.

But there is always one thing Guts,he fuckin' doesn't care of Sake of Humanity or Peace,he just wants to kill his Nemesis,Griffith.

Now I can enter in my psychotropic theory :

I see the end of the Manga like that,Griffith saves the humanity and try to be forgiven by all,for his previous acts,he managed.But one person remain !
    Gatsu ! And when he sees that even Casca forgives him.The Hatred in Him and his Beherit asked him to Sacrifice all of them.One more Time.

+Don't forget,the beherit that Gatsu inherited was the beherit of a man who was betrayed by the be loved person (casca in my theory) !

Sorry if it's messy,my english isn't so good :/ !
    So, and please correct me if I'm mistaken, you're saying that the real antagonist from a certain point onwards was Guts, or maybe all along?

Well, that could be the case if we just don't consider all of the earlier chapters until the descend of Femto/Griffith on Earth.

Just considering them should show you how things really are, and just to be more clear: was it really a nice thing to do to send an horde of Apostle to kill Flora if what he really wants is peace between the creatures of the Material and Astral World?

As Flora said, studying and comprehending the Astral World is exactly the role of Magicians, and I'm saying all this considering that Griffith wants to forget about her friendship with SK which is only natural if we assume that he has become good, he cannot be good only halfway.

About Guts being the primary source of Evil: it's true that he probably posseses the most burning rage among all mankind but he is still only one human among millions, it's not like he is the one who makes the IoE to exist.

And all in all we really don't know about Sake of Humanity or anything else, it's too early to make predictions of that kind, but the story so far doesn't seem to go in the direction you have suggested, let's wait another 1-2 volumes if we are alive we can discuss it on more concrete material

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

griffith is the ideal evil.....he raped caska...right in front of guts, thats evil.
    griffith is the bad guy and guts is the good guy but guts is on the edge of going insane poor fellow so much happen in his life and one little thing happens to griffith and griffith is like nooo i can't take this anymore im gonna be selfish and betray all.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

so chapter 308 is gonna be coloured in??
    next chapter i bet griffith will do it with princess charlotte, the pope will discover griffith secert/femto and then die prob. then griffith will do evil stuff for the god hand, then next chapter guts and co make it to heilem and femto's forces attack it.

It seems to me that griffith was attacking places with connections to the astral world before he merged the astral world it into the world.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    griffith is the ideal evil.....he raped caska...right in front of guts, thats evil.
    griffith is the bad guy and guts is the good guy but guts is on the edge of going insane poor fellow so much happen in his life and one little thing happens to griffith and griffith is like nooo i can't take this anymore im gonna be selfish and betray all.
    I wouldn;t really call it a little thing, he did have his muscles, and tongue removed from his body. Not to mention he was tortured and broken after all those years. Ya it was a pretty douche move to sacrifice your friends for your own selfish desires, but he was pretty fucked up at that point, mentally and phsically

Artists of MH 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sarutobikun's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NickPizzo View Post

About Guts being the primary source of Evil: it's true that he probably posseses the most burning rage among all mankind but he is still only one human among millions, it's not like he is the one who makes the IoE to exist.

And all in all we really don't know about Sake of Humanity or anything else, it's too early to make predictions of that kind, but the story so far doesn't seem to go in the direction you have suggested, let's wait another 1-2 volumes if we are alive we can discuss it on more concrete material
    I don't think that Gatsu is that ordinary,because the King of the World (actually,it is).I think he may have a big deal in causality ! He is the only one (even Casca I think) to hate Griffith on heart,the messiah.

Concerning the Sake of Humanity my english wasn't good enough to explain my point.As I said I think that Griffith take the same road as SK (considering SK is that "king of the biggest civilization ever")as they look like (Big conqueror) I think right now that he doesn't care of all those humans,but he could discover the same thing as SK and try the same (Destroy the God Hands).

And in that purpose I think that the irreversible Hatred of Gatsu could have him go really really bad !

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Gatsu is that ordinary,because the King of the World (actually,it is).I think he may have a big deal in causality ! He is the only one (even Casca I think) to hate Griffith on heart,the messiah.
    Who is the King of the World? As far as I know there's not such a person in the current Berserk Universe, and Guts is likely the last person who could attain that title, he said it himself that it's not his style to lead people, and his current companions are all following him with their own will.

Guts will surely play a big role in the casuality, he is likely the only one person who can escape the Laws of Destiny with is own will, and as I said some time ago even the fact that he was picked up by Gambino and thus survived death can be linked to his current situation, I mean what if Guts was really destined to die at his birth and thus his existence is something that is not considered in the cicle of Karma?

He is like a wild card that can do what no one can do, even opposing Destiny, but he still has only the power of a human so don't take my words too seriously.

About Him being the only one to hate Griffith, well it's not like the other people know the truth, if they knew I think that they would despise him, he is deceiving them.
    And for Caska, well, in the state she's now she's out of the picture..

Concerning the Sake of Humanity my english wasn't good enough to explain my point.As I said I think that Griffith take the same road as SK (considering SK is that "king of the biggest civilization ever")as they look like (Big conqueror) I think right now that he doesn't care of all those humans,but he could discover the same thing as SK and try the same (Destroy the God Hands).
    I think that you're really messing up, as far as I kno the only thing that Griffith and SK have in common is that they both have created a big empire, and even that it's not really true, because:

-) SK or better said Emperor Gaiseric counquered all the continent and built his empire
    -) Griffith took over a death king and a kingdom almost in ruins, altough he used all the means he was capable of to legitimate himself and acquire prestige among the other countries

-) SK was attacked, probably by a mage who would have later become God Hand Void, and thus is seeking revenge on the God Hands
    -) Griffith has become one of them, he has no reason to try to destroy them, he is not a man that tries to change Destinty, he is more the type to use it to his own advantages

All in all you still have to explain what is this Sake of HUmanity or this something that SK found and Griffith will find that will make him turn his back on the God Hands. But just to clarify something Griffith has been likely the most selfish and calculating person in the manga so far and I don't think that he can change.

And in that purpose I think that the irreversible Hatred of Gatsu could have him go really really bad !
    He is already bad, he is only deceiving the people. And if he turns good what Guts could do to make him turn bad again?
    He is only a human with some magical aid, I don't think he has the power to put an angel in the corner, we're not in the same situation that we were in the Golden Age.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlitz View Post
    I wouldn;t really call it a little thing, he did have his muscles, and tongue removed from his body. Not to mention he was tortured and broken after all those years. Ya it was a pretty douche move to sacrifice your friends for your own selfish desires, but he was pretty fucked up at that point, mentally and phsically
    i call it a little thing because that happens lots back then.
    lets look at a timeline of guts suffering lol

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Just going to chime in here and say that I agree with Nick and Crimson on the Idea of Evil and Guts' direct effect on the entity. The Idea has been around for hundreds, perhaps thousands of years and exists due to humanity's dark side as a whole - it is not sustained by Guts' rage and hatred alone, nor is he its largest source of "food".

However, I do think sarutobi has a point about Gaiserics's empire and Falconia sharing similar properties. The architecture, for a start, is clearly inspired by the ancient Greeks with both cities, which suggests a connection (however faint):

Spoiler show

Also, Griffith's and Gaiseric's journeys do seem to parallel each other to an extent. It's no coincidence, either, that Griffith came about almost exactly 1000 years after the rise and fall of Gaiseric, who united a war-ravaged land, just as Griffith is doing at present. In fact, when Princess Charlotte told Guts of Gaiseric's tale, he remarked, "Sounds kind of like Griffith."

Quote Originally Posted by L0ki View Post
    So Griffith finally got the kingdom he wanted so much. What will he do now? I have a theory concerning his egoistical, twisted, childlike personality, but I want to see the story develop a bit more to see if there are any leads that could make it possible.
    Share it, let's see if it holds water.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Nick:

... Is this really the time for character development? I agree that Berserk's excellent characterisation is what makes, and has made, the story so compelling thus far, but the world was only recently turned completely on its head. Shouldn't we give this new reality a few episodes to take shape before we start demanding a focus on the characters?

I'm sure Miura is more than capable of squeezing something in here should he deem it required, but I say, let the event - the world's transmutation - have its day; let Miura showcase his artistry and display the visuals of the newly formed Fantasia before we get down to the nitty-grittty of character situations.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SparkHunter13 View Post
    @ Nick:

... Is this really the time for character development? I agree that Berserk's excellent characterisation is what makes, and has made, the story so compelling thus far, but the world was only recently turned completely on its head. Shouldn't we give this new reality a few episodes to take shape before we start demanding a focus on the characters?

I'm sure Miura is more than capable of squeezing something in here should he deem it required, but I say, let the event - the world's transmutation - have its day; let Miura showcase his artistry and display the visuals of the newly formed Fantasia before we get down to the nitty-grittty of character situations.
    Well, I also agree with what you said, it's not like I want it right now, but I feel like after seeing Griffith achieve his dream and become king (I would say it will take another 3-4 chapters hopefully) we can see how Guts is doing and moreover how his relationship with Caska and the others will play out once Caska is healed.
    There's really too much left to show on the other side, and another Volume focused only on Griffith will be heavy to digest .

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast