Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Smartwatches: News and Discussion

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Smartwatches: News and Discussion

Now, I'll start by giving my point of view on the subject. With Smartphones being able to do as much it already does and ever growing in possibilities, what could smartwatch offer in order to get a slice of the market?

That being said, it is a technology that has been tried before and recently making a comeback and quickly picking up speed.

Both Sony and Samsung have some of theirs already on the market and I think Apple will be joining soon. Today Google stepped in with their effort too and despite my opinion on the subject, I did enjoy the demo, design (particularly the round watch) and capabilities:

More on the Android Wear HERE. What are your thoughts? Would you be interested in buying one or what do you think of the technology?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smartwatches: News and Discussion

Dunno, I have always been somewhat skeptical about smartwatches and their actual uses and I have to say, that video did not help in the least improve my opinion. In the video we saw people using the smartwatch to text (while speaking) and receive alerts from their calendars and apps.... With all the hype those things have been getting and expectation science fiction has set, isn't it kinda sad all they have to show for you is texting? So far they appear to be poor smartphones with tiny screens that don't make phone calls. The only advantage they have over a smartphone so far is that seeing the smartwatch requires marginally less effort than looking at your phone which you would normally have to keep in your pocket (or purse if you are a woman). I don't see a benefit to smartwatches so far. Those things cost hundreds of dollars and all they do is receive text messages (according to the promotional video at least).

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smartwatches: News and Discussion

To be honest, I'm not bowled over by smartwatches. They don't seem to be worth the money, nor do they do anything useful that would warrant dropping money and POSSIBLY replacing current watch. What would be the point of getting a smartwatch? More convenient if you don't wanna get to your phoen?

New Reply