Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: the Rewards at Raftel...

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • TREASURE

5 35.71%
  • the truth...the RIO PONEGLYPH

7 50.00%
  • a message from GOL D. ROGER (on important details e.g. the WILL of D.)

5 35.71%
  • NOTHING(the adventure of getting there was the 'treasure')

5 35.71%
  • WEAPONS (e.g. like Pluton)

0 0%
  • Other (any thoughts - please reply)

3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Raftel Discussion Thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: raftel

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Zeza
    Red line will intersect with grandline 2 times, since they part around the world. To think they cross 1st red line via reverse mountain, they have to cross it 1 more time to get to the exit you are talking about, if raftel is where BoffenJL said..
    Pardon me if what I'm saying is what you meant (in that case, I agree with you), because I'll say according to what I understand. No offense.
    Yes, if the Red Line is like a continuos chain of huge mountains, then it will circle the world like Grand Line. What do you mean by twice, one at the reverse mountain, and one at Raftel? There are two points which Red Line cuts the Grand Line, one Reverse Mountain, and another one woud be the other side of the globe. Basically, what BoffenJL suggested that the Raftel and Reverse Mountain are located at the same point of where the Reverse Mountain cuts the Grand Line into 2. Only they are at the opposite location.

If Rafetel is one point of Red Line which intersects with GL, and the Reverse Mountain is at the other one, then Grand Line is just half around the world.

Basically if they continue to follow the Log Posse in Grand Line, they would cross the Red Mountain if they has already sail half the world....

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dark Zeza's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baxteristic
    Pardon me if what I'm saying is what you meant (in that case, I agree with you), because I'll say according to what I understand. No offense.
    Yes, if the Red Line is like a continuos chain of huge mountains, then it will circle the world like Grand Line. What do you mean by twice, one at the reverse mountain, and one at Raftel? There are two points which Red Line cuts the Grand Line, one Reverse Mountain, and another one woud be the other side of the globe. Basically, what BoffenJL suggested that the Raftel and Reverse Mountain are located at the same point of where the Reverse Mountain cuts the Grand Line into 2. Only they are at the opposite location.

If Rafetel is one point of Red Line which intersects with GL, and the Reverse Mountain is at the other one, then Grand Line is just half around the world.

Basically if they continue to follow the Log Posse in Grand Line, they would cross the Red Mountain if they has already sail half the world....

Yes thats what I am trying to point out. The thing I wanted to said is that, like you mentioned, red line intersect twice and raftel is at the end of the grandline. So Reverse Mountain is one, and if they want to really go to the end of grandline, they have to cross one more red line in the half of grandline. Then continue other half way to raftel.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bakashijinsan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

o yeah i totally forgot that the world is round (silly me) and at ideally at 180 egrees across the globe of the OP world, we'll see once more the Red line.

now this question just entered my mind
    does red go all the way across the entire globe? i mean isn't it like a long stretch of mountains but not long enough to cover 360 degrees of latitidue/longitude?

was it mentioned in the manga that red line goes around the whole globe and back like one circumference of the globe?

i was pretty convinced that red line goes around the world but now i just realized, was it mentioned that it goes like that?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anti-panda's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well it is mentioned that the 4 seas of the world are divided by the red line vertically and the grandline horizontally so i'd say yes...
    does that mean that there arent way's to sail between the seas sans crossing one of the two barriers ... I dont know.

|
    west | north
    blue | blue
    ----------------------------
    south | east
    blue | blue
    |
    If i aint mistaken... the | being the redline and the - being the granline... im to lazy to do a better graphic
    In Oda I trust .. Follow me to the sea of dreams.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-panda
    well it is mentioned that the 4 seas of the world are divided by the red line vertically and the grandline horizontally so i'd say yes...
    does that mean that there arent way's to sail between the seas sans crossing one of the two barriers ... I dont know.

|
    west | north
    blue | blue
    ----------------------------
    south | east
    blue | blue
    |
    If i aint mistaken... the | being the redline and the - being the granline... im to lazy to do a better graphic
    oh yeah i remember that being said. got me confused there. okay so they're not even halfway through grandline yet seeing that they haven't seen red line again.

ok here's a question again (coz questions just kept on popping inside my head)
    if red line cuts the world vertically, wouldn't it also cut grandline since both goes goes 360 degrees?
    one thing is for sure if they both go round the globe, "one cuts the other"

but basing on the statements vertical/horizontal cuts, i'd pretty much bet that grandline cuts red line. why? if red line is a continuous stretch of land that forms a circle, people would virtually need to re-enter grandline

like ths:

and like this:

it's kinda crappy so i apologize.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dark Zeza's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe there would be a tunnel, or path through the red line or something. I think climbing across would be impossible without strong current like the one on reverse mountain.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ bakashijinsan

True. They would need to enter Grand Line again.... but maybe <look below>

Maybe there would be a tunnel,
    ... maybe this is the answer. We already have an island in the sky, why not make an island underground... After all, you can't expect anything logical in OP.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe there would be a tunnel, or path through the red line or something. I think climbing across would be impossible without strong current like the one on reverse mountain.
    yeah that is one plausible theory. regardless, it is well pointed that the mugiwara pirates still has a long way to go! (yay for us! more One Piece)

nevertheless, raftel is at the end of grand line and as portrayed by the flower doctor (forgot his name), you can choose what magnetic field to guide you but eventually it would direct you to raftel itself.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be a very long journey. Do you guys think that an Eternal Posse to Raftel exist?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

if there really is an existing eternal post pointing to raftel, nobody who wants to get one piece has it yet.

else they would have gone there already.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I am almost sure that there is no Eternal pose to Raftel cause u need to get there 1st to make one.So since Roger is the only person to have been to Raftel i really doubt he would make a pose.He would have no reason doing so..He would surely say smth like: ""The ones who want to reach Raftel should try on their own"".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anti-panda's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Underground Huh? well makes sense we've already seen the strawhats go to "heaven" (skypiea) maybe well get to see them go to hell? huh/ maybe?
    In Oda I trust .. Follow me to the sea of dreams.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

well one question:

if red line cuts the whole world, how the hell do the people from north/south/east/west blue know each other so well? they discuss about the weakest of the 4 blues like it were some common knowledge, so how did they get the information across if the line were un-scalable throughout and all.

i think there are possibly 1) tunnels/caves or 2) spots across(low land or sth)

so it could be possible the mugiwaras will reach some sort of cross-over mechanism/thingy when they reach the other half of the grand line, or it could just be a big empty space lol.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ hyper_megaman

Good question. But it is possible that the Red Line has some tunnels or bridge to cross over it. But the real question is how to cross the equator? The problem is the GL is circling the globe. If the North Blue and West Blue is in the Nothern hemisphere, how they will interact with those in South Blue and East Blue? I say, expidition groups. Getting some help from the Marines, or they just entered the GL and cross over to the side. Remember, not all ships are pirates.

Back to the topic please. Raftel is a completely secluded island. No one knows about it. Perhaps the void century told about Raftel. Of course, the Marines has been there. Trust me. If not, when Roger said "I've been to Raftel", the Marines would say like "What is Raftel?". Since it is a named island, of course people have reached there, presumably Marines or some historians do.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baxteristic
    Raftel is a completely secluded island. No one knows about it. Perhaps the void century told about Raftel. Of course, the Marines has been there. Trust me. If not, when Roger said "I've been to Raftel", the Marines would say like "What is Raftel?". Since it is a named island, of course people have reached there, presumably Marines or some historians do.
    exactly what I was thinking. this raftel thing might have been explored before by the marines. and at some point the WG may have an eternal post logged to raftel but for reasons like "what to do there" or something like that, the marines aren't setting their course to that island.

it'd be easy for the WG to end the pirate era. how? not by wiping out the whole populace of pirates but by cutting the very goal that these pirates are aiming for: "One Piece". Since Roger said that One Piece is in Raftel, the WG might have gone there, checked the island but can't find any signs of it.

But lo!! they have found something that might lead to it! what? Poneglyphs! But no one can read those slabs of stones. So now they remember Ohara which they wiped clean 20 years ago leading them to take Robin to custody as the last survivor of the Ohara demons.

getting robin, they can get decipher poneglyphs and eventually uncover the secrets of one Piece. with one piece in the hands of WG, i don't think the pirates would become rampant as much as it is as of the moment.

New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast