Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: the Rewards at Raftel...

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • TREASURE

5 35.71%
  • the truth...the RIO PONEGLYPH

7 50.00%
  • a message from GOL D. ROGER (on important details e.g. the WILL of D.)

5 35.71%
  • NOTHING(the adventure of getting there was the 'treasure')

5 35.71%
  • WEAPONS (e.g. like Pluton)

0 0%
  • Other (any thoughts - please reply)

3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Raftel Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raftel Discussion Thread

well we are not sure that OP is on raftle but that is were it is supposedly

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OP_overlord
    well we are not sure that OP is on raftle but that is were it is supposedly
    dude we're sure.

if its not at the end of grand line, the only place he was strong enough to go to
    then the entire setup has been a lie and Oda is not that kind of author.
    all things point to this. "That" place MUST refer to Raftel. what could it be if not that,
    Rogers living room?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes - i hid all my treasure in my bathroom tho but living room is ok too i guess

no i agree i think that one piece is at raftel but there is no exact line that roger said that tells us that OP is in raftel

Oda does not lie he just neglects from tell all teh truth at one time but OP is at raftel in my opinion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sushi's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

he just wants to make a surprise

A white rose for one's true love

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member neild's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

if anybody here watch tv series hit-LOST, maybe u can relate to what i say. raftel is just like an island in the LOST.it's 'invicible' from the outside world because of some magnetic field blocking it or hiding the outside appearance whatever.but so far we dont know yet if in the one piece world,they have radar technology sort of to discover the position of the island.we do know that there is map and lock post.but what if no map exists pointing toward raftel. or maybe only 1 lock post in the world showing where raftel is.that is why no one is sure about raftel's position.its a myth,an urban legend that is passed from time to time.and for those who believe in it,they'll get it there.
    our dreams....
    luffy: ...to become the king of pirates!!
    zoro: ...to become the world's greatest swordsman!!
    nami: ...to draw the map of the world!!
    ussop: ...to be a brave warrior of the sea!!
    sanji: ...to find all blue!!
    chopper: ...to become the best doctor in the world!!
    robin: ...to find the true history!
    franky: ...to become world's greatest shipwright!!
    going merry: ..to Sail together with the strawhats Forever!
    neilson (myself):....to watch houston rockets' game live and see yao ming in person...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who've said that they don't see Raftel and the island mentioned in the Void Century as being one in the same I would like to see what brought you to that conclusion. I say this because I do in fact think that they are one in the same and that everything indeed points toward that fact.

According to the scenes during Robin's childhood of Professor Clover's conversation with the WG he talks of the island being a sort of Atlantis that whose culture and technology were extremely advanced(they created Pluton and Leviathan). We can see this by the image of the island (I wish I had a screen-shot) with what looks like modern skyscrapers dotting the city. Some say that this could never be the island because it was "destroyed" by the WG when they were at war during/before the void century. Well, even though Uhara was "destroyed" the island itself surely still exists. What was destroyed was the island's people and it's spirit. The same was probably true for the ancient island spoken of in the Poneglyphs and mentioned by Clover. It still exists, but it's population and spirit were destroyed. This also coincides with the fact that the Rio Poneyglyph is supposedly on Raftel. Wouldn't the most important of the Poneglyphs be located closest to where it was created?

This also works from a plot perspective. The world of One Piece is essentiall Pre-Modern 18th technology with some remnants of technology that seems to stem from a culture far superior to that. Maybe one which even had the power of air travel. Something completely unknown in OP except through the use of animals(pelican mail). natural phenomena(the upstream), and Enel's Ark

The ultimate treasure(OP) maybe something that would bring the world of OP out of the era of sea travel and into the another stage of civilization which the ancient island may have reached or have been close to before its destruction.

Well, these are just random thoughts, but back to the point of Raftel = Void Century Island.

There just doesn't seem room for these to be separate mysteries. I feel the entire plot of OP is centered around the Void century and it's mysteries. This is why since Robin's introduction to the crew she has been the focal point of the plot. The fact that there just happened to be a Poneglyph in Skypiea wasn't a side story, it was the POINT of the story. The Shandia's entire culture was based on protecting it. Likewise, it seems the WG's entire reason for existing(as a plot device) is to prevent the discovery of both One Piece/Raftel and the mysteries of the Void Century. Therefore, I think they must be one in the same. Also, why would Oda have been so vauge in Professor Clover's description of the island to not have given it a name if he didn't want us to know yet that it was indeed Raftel and the ultimate destination of the SHs?

Oda is always giving us pieces to the ultimate mystery and I doubt that Raftel 's story is just going to just be pulled out of no where. The pieces are all in place at this point, all that's left is how they come together and assure you the Void Century island will be alluded to more and more as the story progresses.
    Last edited by Zechs; June 25, 2007 at 04:10 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the Void Century is what makes the WG so evil. Obviously, what they did to have their creation, their control, and eliminate a kingdom was so horrible, that they had to erase it and just tell people that they've always been there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Raftel

Luffy wants to go there becouse of one piece
    Robin wants to get to the end of the grand line for some history answer (raftel)
    Nami wants to go everywhere to draw a map of the world (including raftel)

are there more reasons for the crew to go there?

sample

Mihawk is on/near raftel
    all blue is raftel's sea
    some super medicin tree's there??

discuss.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raftel

No. Well, All Blue may be near Raftel, that would make sense, since Raftel is a mystical sort of place, where all the weirdest and most wondrous stuff in the Grand Line probably is. But other then for Luffy, Nami, Robin, and Franky (you forgot him, DutchPhoenix, for his dream to be fulfilled, the Thousand Sunny must become a ship that could sail to the end of the Grand Line. In other words, a ship that could reach Raftel.) there's no reason for the rest to go. A medicine tree being there? I doubt it, I doubt there would just be some plant that could cure anything. Except for band-aids, of course. And Chopper's dream is for him to be able to cure anything, not to find some medicine that would do it for him. And Mihawk isn't on Raftel, he'd be the Pirate King if he were, and he's not, because Luffy will be the next one to reach Raftel. Mihawk probably isn't near it either. When we last saw him, he was on Mariejois. Mihawk can be wherever he wants to be, there's no reason for him to stay in one place. Ussop can prove his bravery in other ways and in other places, so there's no need for him to go to Raftel to fulfill his dream. If Brook joins, then he won't care, he needs to get to Reverse Mountain to get to Laboon, not Raftel.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Freakzin's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

i think there's a thread about Raftel alraedy existant

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy wants to go there becouse of one piece

Robin wants to get to the end of the grand line for some history answer (raftel)

Nami wants to go everywhere to draw a map of the world (including raftel)

franky to complete his dreamship ( is to reach raftel)

usupp, to be a brave warrior of the sea (all sea's including raftels one?)

Zoro ,will meet up Mihawk for their rematch , close to raftel or on raftel perhaps?
    since mihawk can go where he pleases, '(just predictions)

chopper ,someone gets a illness on raftel and no one was ever able to heal it, and chopper finds a cure?

Brook - so he finishes his journey so he can go back to get laboon?

and what do you guys think there is on raftel

what excactly is one piece (gold, a journey logbook, some spirited richdom , the truth about the old history?)

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro will probably beat Mihawk near Raftel, then complete the journey with the Strawhats due to their nakama-ship.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Absolutio's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

About what exactly is one piece there's a whole thread about it somewhere here in the tree of knowledge.
    Here, even took the time to find it: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10542
    If you wan't you can revive this thread.. It's not any less legitimate than it was before..
    (Btw, Luckas, or any other mod.. At the Tree of Knowledge index, most of the links are dead.. )

On Topic: I don't think that the mihawk-zoro battle will be near raftle. I think it will happen before, with zoro winning of course. I think that near raftel, the SHs will either fight part of the strongest pirates of the world (the yonkos - WB, Shanks crew?), or the elites of the WG-marines, and then they'll be able to somehow reach Raftel and luffy will be given the title - pirate king.

Luffy: Sanji, prepare the lunch-box!
    Sanji: Lunch-box?
    Luffy: Yes. A pirate's lunch-box!
    *Pirate's lunch-box is for increasing one's power, so there will be no vegetables.
    -One Piece Side-Stories Covers Coloring Project! OP Colorist? Check it out now!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Astral_Shive's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Island

Ok
    So this is my question
    I dont know why, but after reading One piece Over and over again i couldnt forget about one think
    Last island called Rafitle or whatever it name is

The treasure(One piece) supposed to be in this island
    But come on
    Whitebeard is already 22 years on Grand line and other Younku propobly 5-6 years and never even one of them come to this island????
    that question bother me the most

SOmeone should obtain One piece by now
    Log pose Eternal Pose
    Or maybe there is no log pose for that ???

Ok those are my ideas

But what you think about it?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Absolutio's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Last Island

There is already a "Raftel discussion thread". I suppose luckas or imi well merge it soon. Anyways, Raftel might be blocked by some "unatural-naturl" phenomenon, and that's why no-one has ever got in there yet.

Moderator message by: Luckas
    Thread merged.
    Last edited by Luckas; January 05, 2008 at 05:24 PM.

Luffy: Sanji, prepare the lunch-box!
    Sanji: Lunch-box?
    Luffy: Yes. A pirate's lunch-box!
    *Pirate's lunch-box is for increasing one's power, so there will be no vegetables.
    -One Piece Side-Stories Covers Coloring Project! OP Colorist? Check it out now!

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast