Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

i really hope sting and rouge do not join fairy tail , if they did , the rest of the guild wont get much screen time , id rather see erza anyday over sting and rouge , but rouge's cat , fro , is too cute haha but i dont mind them over jellal cuz im sick of that guy ... or maybe they could join the guild but be travelling mages like how gildarts was when he wasnt in the guild much cuz he was doing that 100 year quest

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they could take much screentime from Erza. They'd be like Gajeel, occaisonally popping up for group scenes ad background jokes but only getting serious focus for things involving slayers

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I want them to join the guild.
    I'd rather if they would be outside allies (kinda like Lyon, for example).

It certainly wouldn't be impossible though...
    Especially if they are "true Dragon Slayers".

I mean... Makarov did say something about Porlyusica prophecy or something like that (can't find the link...)
    I don't know if he was referring specifically to 3 Dragons slayers, or if it was more about having a lot of dragon slayers in Fariy Tail.

If it's the latter, it would make sense to have both Sting and Rogue joined the guild.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Sting was raised by a Dragon, Weisslogia, who taught Sting White Dragon Slayer Magic.
    Rogue was raised by a Dragon, Skiadrum, who taught him Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic.
    source:
    http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_Cheney
    http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Sting_Eucliffe
    Anyone knows where it was mentioned?
    When scum rules the world only more scum are born...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it ST would have to have some inherent changes in its policies if rogue and sting are meant to remain in it. Lector and frosh are weak exceed, that by default makes them incompatible with STs philosophy. More so, sting has not excuses left, if he loses here he is basically out. Rogue is basically disagreeing with how sabertooth works. I think that in the end sting and rogue will be revealed to carry the spirit of fairy tail and whatnot and end up there. Dunno to what extent they could just add them though. If all the main characters get a fight in any given arc then we are talking about a lot of fights lol. Well, that does not really happen though. Anyone noticed that with sting, rogue, natsu, gajeel, wendy, laxus and cobra there are in total 7 DSs in the series? I wonder if they will stop at that number....

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Anyone noticed that with sting, rogue, natsu, gajeel, wendy, laxus and cobra there are in total 7 DSs in the series?
    yeah, but only 5 of them are "real" dragon slayers.
    and it was only said they got dragon lacryma implanted and not lightning/poisen dragon lacryma.
    maybe it's a mistranslation

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    Anyone knows where it was mentioned?
    That's the conclusion from last weeks chapter. Weisslogia for Sting because it's the german word for white. Skiadrum for Rouge, because skia is the greek word for shade.

edit[below]: That's part of the eleven pages of discussion. :P We don't know why Natsu was not allowed through the barrier, it seems like Igneel spoke to ghosts.
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 06, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't see that at all...
    And does that mean Natsu, Wendy and Gazeel are real dragons while Sting and Rogue are humans?
    I assume it's Igneel who is talking there. And is he "really talking" to them personally or just to their "ghosts", when personally then Sting and Rogue are just posers 'bout killng a real dragon...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, but only 5 of them are "real" dragon slayers.
    and it was only said they got dragon lacryma implanted and not lightning/poisen dragon lacryma.
    maybe it's a mistranslation
    I don't particularly remember the manga specifying if dragon lachrima had an element, I might have just assumed that. Still, aren't dragon abilities biological as far as we know? If each dragon is biologically capable of an element then it would make sense the lachrima would also have said element.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Now, about dragon force... I wonder if it really is something which should be surprising from a DS. Isn't that the ultimate form of the DS? The manga has described DF as the power of dragons so wouldn't it be expected that at some point all DS learn how to use said power? Now, the power was attributed to their third generation thing although I do think using lachrima and DS magic is kinda cheating here. Natsu has accessed DF before by means of consuming a butload of power(ethereon and flame of rebuke). My idea here is that entering DF is a matter of power and skill with DS magic. DS magic is all about making yourself more dragonlike. Basically having more power makes you in itself more dragonlike and being skillful with DS magic also makes you more dragonlike. Now, if being more dragonlike is the issue here then the effect lachrima has on sting and rogue is clear. Having the lachrima allows them to artificially become dragonlike enough for them to access DF with less power behind them. Now, the issue here is that second origin could perhaps be just enough for gajeel and natsu to access DF if there actually is a minimum amount of magic needed or that they are close enough for them to access it without things as extreme as flame of rebuke or ethereon. It would be interesting to see natsu or gajeel use DF now. With their current level they would perhaps be as strong as gildarts with DF.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

rethought the whole 7-dragon-element thing and noticed something:

we have 7 DS but only 5 of them are real ones (6 if zeref is also a DS)
    and we have 6 Dragons: Igneel, Metalicana, Grandeeney, Acnologia, Weisslogia, Skiadrum (7 seven if the Dragon King is also a Dragon and not something else - I will laugh hard if plue is the dragon king xD)

so if mashima sticks with the 7 dragon thing then there isn't any poisen or lightning dragon.
    if my theory is correct (and zeref is also a DS) then we have to see the 7th DS in upcoming arcs.

The 7th DS could also be trained by the Dragon King himself.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't doubt that there is a dragon king's slayer, but I find it highly unlikely that a new character will be introduced with that role. If there really is a dragon king it will likely turn out to either be Acknologia or Igneel, and Zeref is the #1 candidate for Acknologia's slayer.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dark angel KaRamo's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Natsu should just use Thunder Flame Dragon mode to beat Sting, because if Natsu uses DF now whats going to be the surprise if natsu has to fight the mysterious person with the magic like zeref. He's going to need some kinda edge of that fight if it's him, then again why is this mysterious person observing the Grand Magic Games every year?. Is that person looking for someone?, and is that person in fairy tail, because Zeref was looking for natsu to have Natsu destroy him in tenroujima arc.
    Last edited by dark angel KaRamo; August 10, 2012 at 12:35 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

so if mashima sticks with the 7 dragon thing then there isn't any poisen or lightning dragon.
    Well i would say that their are or were Poison and Lightning Dragon's, or else how did the Dragon Lacrima come into existence in the first place.

From what i understand about the Lacrima's, it is a crystalline object which has the power to store magical power inside itself (along with elemental properties, if it is included as well). Thats how the large Lacrima in the ToP was created using the Etherion's power or Laxus created the Lightning Lacrima for the usage of Thunder Palace.

So that means at some point in the past, those 2 Dragon's filled there elemental power inside the Lacrima Crystals to create the Dragon Lacrima's.

Now the only question is what are the conditions for a Dragon to create a Dragon Lacrima. Can they simply create them like Laxus was able to create Lightning Lacrima's or like Urtear was create hers or do they lose there life in creating the Lacrima (i.e., either they die after making the Lacrima or after they die there magical energy gets converted into the Lacrima).

-------------------------------------

Now on the point of Dragon Force, i think the reason it is a surprising factor for a Dragon Slayer to activate it is because i believe it is something that would only activate when the DS is facing a real Dragon (of the same element as the DS).

I mean look at the times Natsu activated his DF, one time it was after he consumed Etherion Lacrima, and the next after he ate the Flame of Rebuke. Both of which are extremely powerful.

So, that means for a DS to enter DF state, he needs a high amount of powerful elemental magical energy (either from a spell or an item or object).

Now, if we think about it, Igneel's flames would obviously be more powerful and destructive than even the Flame of Rebuke or the Etherion Lacrima. So, if Natsu were to fight Igneel it would be quite easy for him to enter DF.

Now the question of why it is a surprising factor. Well first of all to activate the DF, as i said above, a highly powerful elemental magical energy is required. So, it obvious that it would be difficult to obtain as the more powerful a spell is the more power a user would need to use that spell. So, that leaves only a select few mages of the level of say around S-Class or above. So, that decreases the amount of people who could help in activating the DF directly for the DS.

Now if we take all those powerful mages, not everyone can use a powerful spell of a certain element. I mean even Makarov can use Fire type spells, but we haven't seen him help out Natsu by give him a powerful Fire Spell to eat, that means even though he can use Fire Spells he can't use the most powerful ones (like Flame of Rebuke) to help Natsu activate DF (i mean he should have the knowledge as to how to activate DF for Natsu).

This is also the reason why the 2nd Gen DS's DF looks much weaker than the ones of the 1st Gen DS. I mean in order to enter the DF state, they take in the power from the Dragon Lacrima inside them, which even though contains the power of a real Dragon isn't enough as the same Dragon Lacrima is being used to give the person DS abilities before entering the DF state (that means the Dragon Lacrima's power is being divided).

But in the case of 3rd Gen DS, the case would differ if what i said is true. Its because they already have turned themselves to DS before getting the Dragon Lacrima, that means the power of the Dragon Lacrima isn't divided and can help them enter DF state much easily and give them much higher level of power boost.

Well these are just my thought, which can be wrong easily. And sorry for the long post.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

since natsu is a 1st generation dragon slayer , how old is he actually because mavis knows what dragon force is and mavis is actually older than makarov....

does that mean there were dragon slayers since long ago and what happened to them if they were ? and is natsu the first fire dragon slayer or were there others before him , maybe after you killed your dragon and gained their powers , you become a dragon yourself and train another dragon slayer to keep the dragon bloodline going

maybe natsu is born from a egg lol...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see Dragon Slayers turning into dragons when they use to much Dragon Force, which could limit the usage and make Natsu think about using it, not wanting to lose his ability to live and work with his friends. Not sure that I would want this theory to come into reality though.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast