Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    since natsu is a 1st generation dragon slayer , how old is he actually because mavis knows what dragon force is and mavis is actually older than makarov....
    Um, just because someone is old doesn't mean that anything they know about is also that old. DS magic itself has been around for a while, but Sting and Rogue were stated to have been kids before the time skip, and they meet all the qualifications of a 1st gen. Mavis being old means nothing for Natsu's age. Also, the author has stated that he's not secretly over 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Limiter View Post
    From what i understand about the Lacrima's, it is a crystalline object which has the power to store magical power inside itself (along with elemental properties, if it is included as well). Thats how the large Lacrima in the ToP was created using the Etherion's power or Laxus created the Lightning Lacrima for the usage of Thunder Palace.

So that means at some point in the past, those 2 Dragon's filled there elemental power inside the Lacrima Crystals to create the Dragon Lacrima's.

Now the only question is what are the conditions for a Dragon to create a Dragon Lacrima. Can they simply create them like Laxus was able to create Lightning Lacrima's or like Urtear was create hers or do they lose there life in creating the Lacrima (i.e., either they die after making the Lacrima or after they die there magical energy gets converted into the Lacrima).
    We don't know for sure that it takes a dragon to make DS lacrima. In fact, Cobra's disbelief in the idea that dragons still exist would indicate that this isn't the case at all. It's been shown that lacrima starts leaking magic when damaged (Jellal's tower) and if dragons had been extinct then and lacrima would have started to drain from natural wear and tear.

Now on the point of Dragon Force, i think the reason it is a surprising factor for a Dragon Slayer to activate it is because i believe it is something that would only activate when the DS is facing a real Dragon (of the same element as the DS).
    Now, if we think about it, Igneel's flames would obviously be more powerful and destructive than even the Flame of Rebuke or the Etherion Lacrima. So, if Natsu were to fight Igneel it would be quite easy for him to enter DF.
    I like that theory.

This is also the reason why the 2nd Gen DS's DF looks much weaker than the ones of the 1st Gen DS.
    Don't agree with this part. Laxus didn't look that weak when it took Natsu and Gajeel teaming up and him having a freakout moment in order to be defeated.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How about this for a crackpot theory.... Assuming the dragon king is indeed an element, what sort of magic would he have? Earlier in the manga it was said that ethereon is made of a number of elements. What if the dragon king is an ethereon user?

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the Dragon King was Ingeel. O-O
    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    Also, the author has stated that he's not secretly over 80.
    Where? :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's in the Q&A section in the back of volume 15.

Question: So why is it that Natsu and Gajeel couldn't get out of the Jutsu-shiki trap?

Lucy: If I remember right, the rule went something like, "stone statues and people over 80 years old may not leave." Or something like that, I think.

Mira: there was also a hint in volume 4 and volume 13 when it mentioned that Natsu and Gajeel's ages were unknown.

Lucy: Eh!? But that sort of gives the answer away, doesn't it? Are you sure it's okay to say that!? That Natsu and Gajeel are both actually over 80 years old!?

Mira: Sorry. Wrong.

Lucy: Eh?

Mira: Beyond that would be revealing an important plot point, so I can't say anymore.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they can be older or reincarnated. Or stone statues for what matters.

xD
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mira says they aren't over 80, so I don't think they can be older. Because Zeref knew Natsu I've been going with the reincarnation theory.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

who is mira ? the voice actress ? mira isnt hiro mashima...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    who is mira ? the voice actress ? mira isnt hiro mashima...
    mirajane, the satan soul user. i havn't read the quote. a link would be nice. if it is from the manga then those are the words of hiro mashima.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Words that the mangaka let's the characters say. Those are within the knowledge of the character, while Mashima is omnipotent, being the creater of the story.

We've seen Natsu grow from a kid to an young adult, we've got confirmation from Mashima that he's not as old as the Magic Festival barrier made him seem to be. I always imagines that he couldn't because his "magic" is such an old one.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, maybe it's not Natsu that was old, but something on him...
    I mean, we already know that the scarf is magical, and has a big link to Igneel.

Remember how it was the one to "be injured" with Zeref's black magic, instead of Natsu, and that it could be "healed" by Wendy, just as if it was a being.

So, maybe Natsu couldn't pass because of his scarf... Just a though...

As for Gajeel, well, does he have a memento from his dragon father?
    Maybe all the piercings? (Well, he IS a metal dragon, after all! )

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Well, they can be older or reincarnated. Or stone statues for what matters.

xD
    Actually... now that I think about it, what the stone statue thing is why they couldn't pass through? Maybe Cobra was right about humans not really being able to learn DS magic. All the 1st/3rd gen slayers were raised by their dragons. Since long enough ago for them not to remember having human parents. So if the dragons planted lacryma in them at the time then they wouldn't know. The difference between the generations then becomes whether they were properly trained in using the lacryma once it was inside them, or if they just popped it in and figured everything out on their own. In 3rd gen's case it becomes how much lacryma they're running on. If the slayers had little bits of magic crystal imbedded in their body or flowing in their blood stream or however it works, then Freed's spell could have registered them as statues and blocked them for that reason.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner iRawrMix's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

just an idea about the whole statue thing :O , i thought maybe the dragons made some sort of deal with zeref in exchange to make a living being [natsu & other DS] who will kill the evil dragons?? that would explain why zeref knows natsu and why natsu couldnt pass the barrier because hes actually made of zerefs magic which is very old, but yeah this is a very lame idea tho xD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member khaja_200923's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Sting and Rogue 2nd gen slayers not 3rd gen My theory.

Pre Time Skip in year x784 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/295/19 here Sting is at max 10 yrs old, and claims to have killed his dragon parent.
    All The Dragons disappeared in year x777, so if he did defeated a dragon he must have done it before they had disappeared. At that time Sting and Rogue must have been 2 or 3 yrs old.
    How the hell can a 3 yr old baby kill a mighty dragon. Moreover can babies even remember things from when they were 2/3 yr old. Much less the desire or motivation to kill someone..
    Clearly they weren't lying when they said they killed their dragon parents to lecter, natsu & gajeel.
    Then the obvious answer is that their memory of killing dragons is manipulated one.
    -->Now to which point is their memory a manipulated one? who manipulated their memory?
    and to what end?

Sting and Rogue are 1st gen dragon slayers who had dragon slayer magic lacrima inserted in them. so that means they have two dragon slayer magic’s in them yet they both each have one element only(holy and shadow). whereas when Natsu took Laxus magic he became lightning flame dragon slayer,so he has two elements(lightning, flame).this means that the lacrima Sting and Rogue had inserted in them must be of the same element as their original magic to supplement them. we know that dragon slayer magic lacrima is very rare magic and can amount to a fortune if need to buy/sold from Ivan dreyar wanting to take back implanted lacrima in Laxus.http://www.mangareader.net/135-7243-...apter-128.html and we know of only 2 2nd gen dragon slayers(Laxus, Cobra).

Now here's the point what is the probability of getting implanted with very rare dragon slayer magic lacrima in a very rare dragon slayer magic user with the same element, its inconceivably small. Unless they are not 3rd gen dragon slayers but 2nd gen dragon slayers who had lacrima implanted in them in a special two step process instead of normal direct implantation, where the second part of the lacrima is implanted after the first part of lacrima became stable and grew in the user's body so that the magic lacrima can be used to it's full potential or exceed it's full potential. and the user is capable of using dragon force and easily using dragons slayer magic.

Their memory may also be implanted because if one thinks he is genuine he will show more power and progress when compared to one who know that he is fake or a human experiment(basic flaw in 2nd gen dragon slayers). their memory of killing dragons must be to provide them with superiority feelings,confidence over 1st gen dragon slayers, so that they themselves will strive to become stronger than those other dragon slayers who were not capable of killing dragons.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ESa1mK9qEH4/Tqc81G0QU-I/AAAAAAAAAAg/JKUClDfeZNk/w550-h478-no/kyuubisagechakramode+by+khaja_200923.JPG

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sting and Rogue 2nd gen slayers not 3rd gen My theory.

No, they were definitely trained by dragons, or we wouldn't have had Igneel noting them as being the creations of the white dragon Weisslogia, and the shadow dragon Skiadram.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sting and Rogue 2nd gen slayers not 3rd gen My theory.

^ That.

Also, they said that their dragons didn't disappear on July 7 777. It's never stated if they killed them before then or if the dragons hung around. Considering that they were, at most, 5 at the time I'd believe it if they didn't leave. My personal theory was actually that another dragon had attacked them for not leaving, and they put the dragons out of their misery afterward.

By the way... the poll options...

New Reply
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast