Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member khaja_200923's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sting and Rogue 2nd gen slayers not 3rd gen My theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Krono View Post
    No, they were definitely trained by dragons, or we wouldn't have had Igneel noting them as being the creations of the white dragon Weisslogia, and the shadow dragon Skiadram.
    you are right, i didn't understood what igneel was trying to tell until now. http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/293/22
    but that doesn't solve the mysteries surrounding them of how they came in possession of dragon slayer magic lacrima of their same element. and their memory of killing their dragon parents.and who really did kill their dragons if they are dead in the first place. this thread can go only if the title can be changed to sting and rogue. i dont know how to change it. can it even be changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    By the way... the poll options...
    sorry! it's my second thread so i don't know what to put in polls.
    Last edited by khaja_200923; August 22, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ESa1mK9qEH4/Tqc81G0QU-I/AAAAAAAAAAg/JKUClDfeZNk/w550-h478-no/kyuubisagechakramode+by+khaja_200923.JPG

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sting and Rogue 2nd gen slayers not 3rd gen My theory.

Well in Sting and Rouge's defense, they simply might not have shown the 2nd magic yet or 3rd gen DS special power is the ability to go Dragon Force at will.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

If that theory thread got merged with the dragon slayers thread, can we possibly remove that dumb poll that didn't let you disagree? (The only person who even voted on it was the guy who set it up)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Frown Why kill your dragon?

Can you believe it? Sting's been saying it for the past million chapters about how he killed his dragon. It's hard to think he (or Rogue) is lying at this point. But why? Sting and Rogue seem like good guys. They do put on a tough cover but they don't seem like jerks.

The dragons teach you magic and you go off and kill them? No remorse or feelings for doing so? Why even do that unless they were attacking you? So what was their motivation?

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why kill your dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerKisame View Post
    Can you believe it? Sting's been saying it for the past million chapters about how he killed his dragon. It's hard to think he (or Rogue) is lying at this point. But why? Sting and Rogue seem like good guys. They do put on a tough cover but they don't seem like jerks.

The dragons teach you magic and you go off and kill them? No remorse or feelings for doing so? Why even do that unless they were attacking you? So what was their motivation?
    Either to gain power, or because the dragons were already dying and they just finished the job ending their suffering.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they killed a dragon who was fighting at full power - I just can't see it. If they killed their dragons, I think the dragons were weakened, not fighting full power or wanted/let them to kill them. As for them being good guys, they stood by and watched a guild mate be stripped and humiliated. Good guys my ass. At least Rogue questioned it.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

There is probably some backstory. There is obviously no way they actually took on the dragons in battle. Even seriously weakened, their dragons should've been too much for them. Let's think about it, as they are now they wouldn't be anything more than pests to any dragon. And they claim to have done it as kids, when they obviously would've been significantly weaker. My guess is that they did something stupid, and that act coincided with the disappearance of the dragons. And from that, they've come to the wild conclusion that they've killed their dragons. I, honestly, see no way they would've been able to so much as scratch a dragon.

9. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsu couldn't do shit to acnologia
    Sting n rouge's strongest technique DF couldn't stop natsu
    sooo ya really believe they killed a dragon?

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot187 View Post
    Well Sting and Rogue really believe that they did. Now if it was only some genjutsu...

I wouldn't really bring pre-timeskip Natsu up though.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dragons4life's Avatar
    Country
    Iceland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i think that their minds were manipulated, including their dragons, but Weisslogia broke through the manipulation and freed Skypeah as well from his manipulation but couldn't make it in time to break Sting and Rogue, and because Sting and Rogue were their sons, they couldn't bear themselves to kill their own child so they killed them and the mind manipulation spell is still active today and they believe that what they did was right, but it wasn't.

Just a tiny little theory

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    My guess is that they did something stupid, and that act coincided with the disappearance of the dragons. And from that, they've come to the wild conclusion that they've killed their dragons. I, honestly, see no way they would've been able to so much as scratch a dragon.
    I'm not sure how likely that is. I always figured they grew up together and maybe conspired to kill their (elderly) parents or were there when the dragons were seriously injured and had to put them out of their misery, but Rogue isn't even in the background of the flashbacks. It made me think that maybe the dragons planned something. Like Weisslogia and Skiadrum both decided to try and raise humans who could overpower dragons, then the two were put to the test and because they wanted them to succeed, they let them. Rogue and Sting then met because they heard about one another bragging about having killed a dragon parent who had seemingly betrayed them and been defeated... if that makes any sense. I may have done a bad job explaining it.

Well, it wouldn't have to be exactly like that, but I was thinking of something along those lines.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

It's obvious, guys. The young punks are just confused. Just how they were confused thinking they'd own Natsu and Gajeel. There is certainly more to "we killed our dragons with our bare hands" story. There was a situation with a lot of variables which ended with that as their knowledge. But I seriously doubt they killed their masters, specially now that Natsu kicked their douche ass all over the place.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

True but just like dragon slayers are on a different level from each others dragons must also not be all of the same strength and my guess is, Acnologia and Igneel are the 2 strongest.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah... Like how much time was left between him winning over Hades and Acnologia appearing on Tenrou? I didn't see Natsu charge Acnologia at full power, did you?

So how can this be any source for a serious discussion on whether or not Sting and Rogue killed their dragons?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

New theory about DS, don't know if someone else already had the same idea, if yes then sorry.

1. Generation: Wendy, Natsu and Gazille are actually the "real" children from their dragons. But due some incident they got transformed into Humans or they didn't transform into dragons yet (maybe this will be happening soon).
    Or it already happened but they didn't realize it because the duration was to short:

http://www.mangareader.net/135-56017...apter-194.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/135-56261...apter-195.html

no one except the edolas king saw that.

During "that incident" some magic was spelled on them and they slept for 400 years/time traveled 400 years into the future/or whatever it explains why zeref knows Natsu but not vice versa.

2. Generation: Just Dragon Lacryma implanted into human bodys. And after some time the dragon lacryma is actually fusing with the human body and the human gets dragon like power but ofc he won't be as strong as the first generation without special training. And the human body gets also the dragon weakness:

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/276/12

3. Generation: Rogue and Sting are actually humans but they got Dragon lacryma implanted in their bodys and were trained by dragons, so they could become stronger then the second generation.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/293/21

I think Rogue and Sting where fighting/training with their dragons on 7/7/777 then suddenly the dragons disappeared and those idiots now think they killed them

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Yeah... Like how much time was left between him winning over Hades and Acnologia appearing on Tenrou? I didn't see Natsu charge Acnologia at full power, did you?

So how can this be any source for a serious discussion on whether or not Sting and Rogue killed their dragons?
    and you think ~10 year (or less) kids could kill dragons?
    this isn't naruto where 10 year old children are genius at fighting

acnologia was attacked by the strongest ft members and still got no scratch.

New Reply
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast