Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it just a coincidence?

Well, Zancrow is always like that too

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mak123 View Post
    Well, Zancrow is always like that too
    Yes I know, but still don't you find strange that Natsu was in the same pose of Acnologia, wearing horns and a cape?
    It could be just a reminescence of the past or like I already said, there's more to it?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a chance that it's just Mashima's go to pose.
    Would be nice if it was foreshadowing, though.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably has something to do with Zeref talking about Natsu and saying "Not yet..."
    He's probably acnologia's son of some sort...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Acnologia: Natsu...
    Natsu: Oh no, not this Star Wars shit!
    Acnologia: ... i am your...
    Natsu: Oh no! Fu**ing no!
    Acnologia: ... brother!
    Natsu: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!... wait... what?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

there is something between those two, zeref was so happy to finally meet natsu, i guess natsu is the child of the prophecy of fairy tail.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny I was just looking at the earlier sketches Mashima did of Natsu then I saw this post. Maybe it is more than just a coincidence.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

So Natsu is going to look like this while he improves?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

well, i thought about everthing for a little while... and still my brain got nuts. but i made a theory...
    first off: we got natsu and gajeel and wendy trained by theire dragons. all of them dissapeared on the same date: 7, 7 777.
    but what i was allways woundering, why does mashima sensei make such a big secret about the age of natsu and gajeel. i mean, it shouldnt be that big deal or? but then... here is the point.
    both, gajeel and natsus dragon dissapeared on the same day... makarove found natsu in the forest (about gajeel we dont know till now). he entered ft during his childhood. so basicly he should be at the age of 16- 17 by now. but in the lFT Battle arc he couldnt escape the barrier from fried. so how old is he really? my personal guess is about the "younger 400" years old. basicly.... natsu was born back in the year 370 or so. we already know a spell that keeps you in a frozen state where you dont age, fairy sphere; what would also connect the whole dragon thing more to ft and deeper to ft roots. natsu used to live only with his dragon in the forest as we know, so it mustnt nessasarly mean that he really know about the date where he was with his dragon parent. so by any mean... anything happend in the year on 7, 7 377 where igneel didnt saw any other way to save him as to keep him in a frozen state. everything he left for him was the muffler and natsu awakens in the year 7,7 777 and his dragon was suddenly dissapeared. if igneel casted that spell on him while he was at sleep, natsu wouldnt notice at all (same as fairy sphere). and so 400 years passed without even noticing it (by natsu).
    the same thing could be the case with sting and rouge just in a diffrent way. lector was friends with him since he was a kid. vicelogia and skydrum could have made a similar move to theire dragon slayer, but they let it look like sting and rouge actual killed them.
    then we got wendy, she is 12 years old and grandine dissapeared 7,7 777. so we could guess that grandine was still arround. since she was saved by mistgun back in these days, the only thing we can say is that grandine was arround for that time.
    now its going to be a bit complicated;
    now comes our lovely zeref; what part does he play in that thing? arcadios said that he is immortal. so he could lived for this 400 years without any problems. the fact that he knows natsu, but natsu doesnt seem to know him was mokking me. so i thought, how about that: could it be that zeref was friends with the human- liking - dragons? it could really be that it was zeref itself who put natsu asleep. zeref allways used to speak about natsu in a.... lovely way? like he was a little brother to him? in the year 377 on july the 7th something terrible was about to happen, and igneel asked zeref to safe natsu? and zeref took care of him for the time natsu was asleep?
    that also could explain why zeref knows him, but natsu not him. so... now another guess. when it was zeref who transformed the person into acnologia. maybe that happend in the time 400 years ago. he recognized that he did something terrible and wanted to stand up for his crimes and decided to help the dragons fighting accnologia. in the end they couldnt make it and had to escape. they started to train theire dragon slayers (natsu, gajeel) and acnologia was affraid of the power. so he went after them. maybe something like that happend on july 7th in the year 377. igneel didnt saw any other way to save his "child" as to ask zeref for help.
    zeref saved natsu, the dragon dissapeared to somewhere. as we know zeref is close to the source of magic. maybe he invented the god slayers by himself by teaching them dragon slayer like art of fighting with the source of magic. would also explain why jellal feeled the same kind of magic when shelia was fighting. he did that on purpose to fight against acnologia the time beeing, while the young dragon slayer were asleep. accourding to my threat, that would have happend in the 7-9 years after 377. so natsu woked up in the age of 7 or something like that while zeref was still sleeping...
    zeref must have figured that acnologia is able to sense his magic, so he didnt saw any other way to protect them as to lay himself asleep in his own body and on tenroujima iland that seal on himself broke too and acnologia could sense him again and attacked the iland. would also explain the expression on zeref at this page: http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/253/17
    also why he was so god damn angry at grimoure heart, since they tried to breake that sleeping seal to awake him. he said, they would pay for the crimes... well its just matches so hard.
    ahhh, even while im trying to explain that, my brain gets more and more nuts.....

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to say this again. Mashima stated in a Q&A section in one of the published volumes a while back that Natsu is not over 80.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes 1st generation dragonslayers better then 2nd and 3rd

It seems they are the only ones of the generations to be able to absorb other dragonslayer magic and make it theres (though I could be wrong), sure the other generations can enter dragon force mode, but being able to absorb more than one dragonslayer power is a greatpower up, fyi im hoping wendy gets cobras power added to hers, wind and poison

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What makes 1st generation dragonslayers better then 2nd and 3rd

1st generation dragon slayers r better then 2nd and 3rd because they r original and original is always better then copy & fake

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

In which way are the third ones fake though? They've just added additional power to being normal dragon slayers as far as we know.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    In which way are the third ones fake though? They've just added additional power to being normal dragon slayers as far as we know.
    bro i was joking and as for why 1st is better then 2nd and 3rd is we cant say anything just like we have no idea that natsu is 16-17 years old or more then 80 years old
    Last edited by suraj5898; February 10, 2013 at 11:32 PM.

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

i think 3rd are the strongest overall... the lacryma acts like a bonus magic source, that allows them to start DF on their own (much like how you use shock to quickstart the heart). however, they are just weaker overall than natsu and gajeel... may it be battle experience, magical power or whatever... and btw, natsu is 17, but he was sent through time from year 370 or so (he was probably born on year 360, which technically makes him 417 years old in year 784, same as gajeel, wendy, and probably sting and rogue).. but that is a theory i am working on

New Reply
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast