Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Purpose of the dragon slayer

What exactly is arther? Shouldn't that be like wendy's magic?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Unlucky Boy's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    What exactly is arther? Shouldn't that be like wendy's magic?
    Wendy's magic is "sky magic" and I think it can be considered as a type of air magic because she eats air. I dont think there's going to be another air/wind DS since they'll have to eat the same thing.

Aether is an element the ancient greeks believed fills the region where the gods lived and it's equivalent to our air. It is also composed of all the other basic elements, making it the main element.

We already know this element exists in the FT world, known as Aetherion and it's really composed of other elements http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/98/04/

Also judging from the descripition of aether, it might be possible that this element is what the stellar spirit world is made of, knowing normal people cant even breath there http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/17/11/
    And that can explain why Lucy is a steallr spirit mage and not something else... I actually thinks she inherited her first keys from her mother, I dont see her getting 3 golden keys on her own...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member hongoasdf's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Call. I'm getting ever more convinced of your Lucy-Aetherion theory.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cleodux's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unlucky Boy View Post
    Wendy's magic is "sky magic"
    Also judging from the descripition of aether, it might be possible that this element is what the stellar spirit world is made of, knowing normal people cant even breath there http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/17/11/
    And that can explain why Lucy is a steallr spirit mage and not something else... I actually thinks she inherited her first keys from her mother, I dont see her getting 3 golden keys on her own...
    *sweats* now that i think of it, Lucy only been away for what 2 years? and she couldn't posibbly can get 3 Gk on her own, more over Aquarious is still hostile towards her. But 2 Years is a long time, she could get on her own too.

Back to DS purposes. I think it will be sad you know... for the dragons to train humans just to make them kill yourself. What if they train them for upcoming battle at Dragon Feast festival, something like Battle Royal >.<and the winner will defend their magical world againts Zeref. What if the reason why Natsu and Gazille can't pass through the barrier not only because of their age, but because their nature. (non human) So they are actually dragon race who trained under different Master and somehow for obvious reason forgot about that. They think that they are human, it gives me creep to see Gazille eating all the metal scrap and he can stomach them lol.

Well anyway it is only my random imagination. But if Mashima is really like to use things from Rave universe and apply to Fairy Tail, it is possible to expect another apocalypse end of the world judgement day plot story towards the end. It will be cliche but if he can execute better why not.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleodux View Post
    I think it will be sad you know... for the dragons to train humans just to make them kill yourself. What if they train them for upcoming battle at Dragon Feast festival, something like Battle Royal >.<and the winner will defend their magical world againts Zeref. What if the reason why Natsu and Gazille can't pass through the barrier not only because of their age, but because their nature. (non human) So they are actually dragon race who trained under different Master and somehow for obvious reason forgot about that. They think that they are human, it gives me creep to see Gazille eating all the metal scrap and he can stomach them lol.
    It's not that rare to see such sad stories in Mashima's works...
    Anyway if it ever comes to that I'm sure Natsu and the others wont kill the dragons, saying "there must be another way!". And Zeref will return for sure cause the battle against him is going to end up the manga probably, so the dragons can't die.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

umm speaking of gazelle eatin, when DS eat like element stuff, when they go to the bathroom to do their "thing" wat usually com outs? Cuzs im imagining right now natsu eatin fire then when he go do his thing, fire comes out of his ass

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

oh god.... that would be a horrible image.....

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Enma Ai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think in the future the dragons will become evil and it's up to the dragon slayers to stop them. Or the dragon slayers will succeed the dragons in the future.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

New theory about the remaining DS elements-

On Rave SiegHart was an elementalist mage which was said was able to control water, thunder, fire, wind, earth, and poison. (I'm not too bored to look for the exact chapter but it says so on many web sites).

So maybe the DS elements are these six plus metal? If so we can expect DS of water, earth, poison and a real thunder one.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

A poison DS... magellan anyone lol. That's bound to be interesting lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think there will be any more Thunder DS cause of it being like introducing a new Enel, i mean thunder is a powerful element so i think leaving only Luxus with it is fine.

The Wind dragon and the Sky dragon are two separate things imo.
    And guess what i think Midnight is the Wind dragon...

And remember Sieg Hart also new som Space element magic... Lucy perhaps...
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I could see a real thunder DS introduced into the manga if:
    1.- Luxus eventually looses his lachrima
    2.- It is meant to be a rival for luxus(not that luxus needs one)

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont see any problem with a new lightning DS. I think the lachrima couldnt give Luxus a magic that doesnt exist, so the arc of lightning dragon slaying is a real thing.

And if a new lighting DS shows up I can him turning bad or dying so Luxsus will take his place in the final arc.

What I dont understand is why you think Midnight is a DS, and a wind one on top of that.
    From Wendy's description it seems to me that her element is air, she eats air and her magic depends on the air around... what would a wind DS eat?
    Last edited by Unlucky Boy; July 28, 2009 at 02:04 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehe, I know it's rather weird but from what we have seen he made his carpet float freely in the sky and the fact that he also did this:

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/134/14/

Ooh and the tattoo on the right shoulder is always a bonus!...
    It matches is with all the current "real" DSs.

What does he eat?

Wind?

I know it's odd but think about it if there were a water DS will he/she be able to eat ice and vise versa and how about Gazille can he eat all the different metals the world has to give??

Another crazy theory of mine(I have many :P) is that some powers have two sides e.g. Wind and Air, Water and Ice. One fighter type and the other is more defensive and supplementary and to go with it the different trainers has different appearances, the fighter types are more like typical western or far eastern dragons while the other type is perhaps like fairys...
    Last edited by Ero-Sanji; July 28, 2009 at 02:36 PM.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we'll have to wait and see but to me it doesnt seem right to have 2 DS of almost the same element when there are lots of other options to choose from (I also dont expect ice and water DS to co-exist).
    It also doesnt seem right to throw in another wind magic user in this arc when there are already 2 (Ren and Wendy), and there was already a fight between 2 mages that use the same magic...
    The carpet could be just a magical item to let Midnight follow the others while he's asleep.
    And there's also the father issue, If he's a DS his father should be a dragon, not Blaine.

New Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast