Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why kill your dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    and you think ~10 year (or less) kids could kill dragons?
    this isn't naruto where 10 year old children are genius at fighting
    Reread my post again, please, and more closely. I never said, I'd believe they killed dragons. A weakened Natsu who was recovering from a fight that depleted all of his magic power, simply can't be taken to prove that neither Sting nor Rogue were able to kill their dragons. It's simply ridiculous to use that as an argument.

BTW, I give a -somethingsomething- about whether this is Naruto or not or any other manga that isn't Fairy Tail in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    acnologia was attacked by the strongest ft members and still got no scratch.
    Are you serious?! It's because the only magic working against dragons is dragon slayer magic. We all read this in the beginning of the manga, which was repeated when Gildarts showed Natsu what Acnologia did to his body.

The only magics being even stronger than that and that could affect dragons possibly, without any confirmation are Godslayer, Zeref's and The One Magic. IMHO. And none of the FT members knew them.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post

Are you serious?! It's because the only magic working against dragons is dragon slayer magic. We all read this in the beginning of the manga, which was repeated when Gildarts showed Natsu what Acnologia did to his body.

The only magics being even stronger than that and that could affect dragons possibly, without any confirmation are Godslayer, Zeref's and The One Magic. IMHO. And none of the FT members knew them.
    I dont agree, there is no basis to say that Godslayers Zeref or anyone else can kill a dragon. Its clearly stated that Dragonslayers can do this. Its not just powerlevel that determines a victory here.

Fire beats ice, water beats fire, etc etc. And then there is the aspects of dragonslayer godslayer and god knows what more. The point is its not just numbers that you need to look at.
    We cant just put a mage on a gage and say he scores a 1000 points so he will always win from someone with 999 points and below. Since you forget inteligence, preperation and the aspect of the said mages power.

So come short you cant just say that a Godslayer can or cannot kill a dragon, proof first then we talk

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    So come short you cant just say that a Godslayer can or cannot kill a dragon, proof first then we talk
    I'll make it bold this time...

The only magics being even stronger than that and that could affect dragons possibly, without any confirmation are [...]
    I already said what you repeated.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll make it bold this time...

I already said what you repeated.
    sigh thats not an answer, possibly and without any confirmation, look that way even erza,mirajane,makarov and all the saints could kill dragons. Since they are all more or less stronger then natsu&co.

Where is the basis to believe a godslayer can do anything against a dragon? Even Gildartz got whiped in 10 seconds. What you see as a possibillity without confirmation is Wendy getting beaten by a Skygodslayer > Wendy is the weakest of all dragonslayers, on top of that she was abandoned at the youngest age without even knowing how to roar. ON top of that! she is a healer not so much a fighter.
    And for Zancrow that dude lost to Natsu so how can that typ of magic kill a dragon while Natsu cant beat Gildartz yet.

Where is that possibility?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

I guess all the questions or most of them will be answered in 300. I believe Fairy Tail has more Dragons Slayers to introduce, the graveyard says it all, so many dragons! we can assume that alot of dragon slayers are missing, and this could be the fault of 1 dragon slayer which probably still has to be introduce. It could be "The Dragon King". so pumped to see whats next

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe we might see some big revelations in the chapter 301.
    I believe we might get some revelations about Dragons and Dragonslayers.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I believe we might see some big revelations in the chapter 301.
    I believe we might get some revelations about Dragons and Dragonslayers.
    But more than everything we will get to know who is the Dragon King and what exactly is the Dragon Festival.
    Obviouosly I too desire to know why all genuine DS have transportation issues and why Natsu and Gajeel seem to be older than they look.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

the dragon festival is about the dragn king being pissed and just wants to watch the world burn and destory everything in sight ...

Spoiler show
    Last edited by ghostexiled; September 22, 2012 at 05:10 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So if your dragon slayer magic becomes too powerful or if you actually slay a bunch of dragons or something like that you can turn into a dragon yourself.

Everyone's debating the implications in the thread for this weeks chapter, but I thought I'd mention it in the actual dragon slayer thread.

(would be kind of cool if dragon killing is a requirement to see that one coming back to haunt Sting or Rogue)

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing I've just thought about, if the usage of DS magic makes you closer to the actual Dragon, so if you use two or more types of DS magic at the same time, then you will become Dragon even faster, so there might be an option when Sting gives his element to Natsu and Rogue gives his element to Gaziele... Would be an interesting idea. It currently seems that Gazeele already got way stronger than Gray and Natsu just with his fire seems to be stronger than Elza or Mirajane, so if they get another power-up they might be able to fight an actual Dragon like Acnologia in duo.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 275's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but a recent chapter revealed that Acnologia is a former DS/Human.

We also recently saw that Sting revealed the name of the dragon he defeated, Weisslogia.
    Maybe a little over-thinking on my part, but is it possible that Weisslogia has a connection to Acnologia(keyword - logia) and maybe Weisslogia is a former human also?

I say this only because of the disappearance of Igneel, Grandine and Metalicana was 7 years before the TS, yet Sting and Rogue would have been swimming in some dudes testicles at that time.

I just wanted to share a few thoughts.
    He who hesitates is lost!

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just a coincidence?

I'm sure that someone else brought up this topic, but I wish we could discuss this throughly.

The fact that Mashima drew Natsu with a cape and horns, laughing maniacally like Acnologia, is just a coincidence or Mashima has in his mind something big for the next arcs?
    What makes me think about the latter possibility is the fact that Zyrconis (sorry if I wrote his name wrong) didn't tell Natsu and the others the king's name.

Am I just overthinking things or there will really be a plotwist of such kind?

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it just a coincidence?

wow...thx for bringing that up...they look ridiculously similar...i wonder if mashima is foreshadowing things like oda does

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is indeed a foreshadowing, I wonder how Mashima will play this out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't notice that but we might find out soon. I think the dragons will make the entrances and another questions will be answer..
    The first one why. Disappeared and. Leave their children behind without a word.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

New Reply
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast