Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by revas View Post
    i think 3rd are the strongest overall... the lacryma acts like a bonus magic source, that allows them to start DF on their own (much like how you use shock to quickstart the heart). however, they are just weaker overall than natsu and gajeel... may it be battle experience, magical power or whatever... and btw, natsu is 17, but he was sent through time from year 370 or so (he was probably born on year 360, which technically makes him 417 years old in year 784, same as gajeel, wendy, and probably sting and rogue).. but that is a theory i am working on
    I like your theory on how old the dragon slayers are, that actually makes sense now that we know about the eclipse gate

But the 3rd generation dragon slayers don't seem like their dragon force is as strong as the dragon force transformations that natsu has had. The 2nd generation dragon slayers, Laxus and Cobra, when they were first introduced, had to enter dragon force to use their dragon slayer magic, they were strong, but their dragon force was nothing like what natsu used against zero and gerard. I think that Sting and Rogue are using the 2nd generation version of Dragon Force, its strong and gives them a power boost, but not as strong as the original first generation's dragon force is, which they also have the potential to awaken.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, it could be the scaled down version of the real thing - artificial DF.. but i think that Natsu was just that stronger. Like in the fight with Zero.. Natsu entered DF, but Zero had little trouble fighting him. However, no doubt that current Natsu's DF would just blow everyone away.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jues's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by revas View Post
    i think 3rd are the strongest overall... the lacryma acts like a bonus magic source, that allows them to start DF on their own (much like how you use shock to quickstart the heart). however, they are just weaker overall than natsu and gajeel... may it be battle experience, magical power or whatever... and btw, natsu is 17, but he was sent through time from year 370 or so (he was probably born on year 360, which technically makes him 417 years old in year 784, same as gajeel, wendy, and probably sting and rogue).. but that is a theory i am working on
    As we've seen it may not be that black and white: even if the 3rd generation may have some fancy skills that are enabled due to them having progressed "further" in terms of being a dragon slayer, in the end it still didn't mean that they were stronger than Natsu / Gajeel. I sort of like that because of course it shouldn't be so obvious, series that actually manage to consider the envirnomental and situational things in battles are the most enjoyable.

However in Fairy Tail the whole overcoming everything with a power of friendship feels a bit dull.. In One Piece it's at least done in a great fashion instead of being too generic :P. Don't get me wrong, I like Fairy Tail a lot, but there's always room for improvement and I hope that Hiro Mashima realizes that.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

In the end not Natsu nor any other known living Dragonslayer is a 1st gen, Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy may have been trained like the originals from the war, but so were Sting and Rouge, they even got an upgrade. Of course those 3rd gens without nakama-ai-mahou-powers have stayed weaker than Natsu in their match up.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused 4th Generation Dragon Slayers ...

Zirconis is a candidate for the villainous team's arc deserter. It happens like clock work that a good mage rehabs a dark magic user. I consider the Dragons the start of a new arc, so new roster for rehab. He is likeable and getting tons of screen time.

The question / Theory I propose is ...
    Q1) With 7 new dragons will a new dragon slayer be created by or from a dragon?
    Q2) Will any of the current DS absorb a new magic to hybridize their Lost magic?
    ----------------------------
    A1) Yes either taught by Zilconis (rehabed) to one of the 4 pervs of Blue Pegasus or Romeo bathing in Atlas Flame's Power.
    A2) Yes but not by Gajeel or Natsu (they already have 2 each). Laxus is too boss to need it from Atlas. Wendy is still way below her maximum with her first. Likely either Cobra or Sting, doubt Rogue.

Thoughts?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragon Slayer Power

Hey

First time making a thread. Don't know if this was ever done most likely, but I'm wondering based on the last few chapters, if you had the ability to be a dragonslayer what kind of dragon slaying abilities do you think you would like to have or see in the manga (topic goes into elemental abilities, physical abilities or anything you can imagine).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dragon Slayer Power

I like the Holy Dragon but I want healing/priest powers and fighting powers, a Paladin without a sword or armor. I'm interested in the Jade Dragon but not the stripping part but I am interested in the Jade part. It would be cool to make Jade armor and Jade constructs kind of like Ice Make but Jade Make, dragon style.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, now that we got our 7 Dragon Slayers, and that we know just how the number 7 is important in Fairy Tail.
    Do you think those are all the Dragon Slayers we will see in this manga, or are you expecting more to be revealed?

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Logically there should be a great number of them out there, but at this point of the story I think it will be kind of redundant for more Dragon slayers to appear from no where and all of a sudden have some relevance.
    Smiling Devil

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

mayve they will appear in flashbacks or maybe even in a timetravel arc but I guess those seven are the main DS and there won't join any new ones (only exception if laxus and cobra will be replaced by 1. or 3. generation DS)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member FirenX's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Purpose of the dragon slayer

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    In phantom guild, there was the element 4. Each represented one element which were air, water, fire and earth. So far two out of this four have a confirmed dragon slayer which obviously are wendy and natsu. If those are really elements maybe we should expect to see a water and an earth dragon slayer in the future.

I doubt layla or lucy are dragons but I do believe they will eventually serve a deeper purpose in the story.

If you look closely on the fight between Acnologia and Fairy Tail, you will see, that, before The Dragon King ''obliterated'' Tenrou Island with his Signature Dragons Roar, he sucked up a huge amount of water.
    So my point behind that is the theory that Acnologia may be the (former) Water Dragon Slayer and maybe through his slaying of a whole herd of Dragons and thorugh Zeref, even got a 2 or even Multiple Dragon Mode himself (like Lightning-Flame-Dragon-Mode and Iron-Shadow-Mode f.e.) and therefore is so incredibly powerful (being able to erase an entire country of the world map with one single strike and of ruling the future on his own).

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I just checked the fight in the manga and the anime and neither actually look like if acknologia is gathering water. The resulting explosion from his dragon breath does not appear to be the result of water either for that matter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Hey guys, now that we got our 7 Dragon Slayers, and that we know just how the number 7 is important in Fairy Tail.
    Do you think those are all the Dragon Slayers we will see in this manga, or are you expecting more to be revealed?
    I have to agree with Crystal. Mashima has made it a point to make the number 7 significant in the story, so I don't think we'll be seeing more. Flashbacks of the earlier dragonslayers (older than Natsu & Gajeel) is possible, though.

On another note, why hasn't anyone drawn a good fanart of the seven DS yet?? I want it to replace my old sig.....

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

T^T But i want an Ice dragon.Why? Look at my avatar >.>.Fire dragons and FDS magic are boring =.=

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven 0 View Post
    T^T But i want an Ice dragon.Why? Look at my avatar >.>.Fire dragons and FDS magic are boring =.=
    LOL, you're not the only one. I was actually hoping for one of the dragons that came out of the gate to be an ice dragon. But maybe we'll see soon. There's still two more dragons whose element hasn't been revealed.

But maybe you'd like Jura to be a 2nd gen Stone DS?? I'm kind of hoping for Jura to get the stone dragon's lachryma and implant it in himself. But then again, he'd overpowered as hell and become the Madara of FT.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

New Reply
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast