Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tousen and Gin's place in Aizen's Army

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Tousen and Gin's place in Aizen's Army

Hi,

first of all I want to say sorry if this topic were allready discussed in some other thread...... but I didnt find a thread with this content.
    (and i think the search-function in this forum isnt really a good one)

Tousen and Gin seems to be the right and the left-hand of Aizen, but how powerful are they compared to the espada ?
    Tousen ripped off Grimjows left arm very easily but I dont think that Grimjow expected the attack of Tousen....so I dont think that this is an indicator of his strenght.

Are they stronger then the espada or weaker, does Aizen given them some power-up like he created the "espada" ?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deid's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tousen and Gin

I think they are stronger than Espada cuz:
    • We didn't have seen their bankai but at other Gods of death example, we know that bankai is really powerful .
    • As Aizen's left and right hand they couldn't be weaker than espada

And changing thread i don't be shocked if Gin/Tousen will kill zero espada xD
    [I'm sorry for my English ^^"]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, we have seen Tousen's Bankai. Despite such an incredible hax-ability (as most people would classify it), Tousen was unable to beat Kenpachi. Also, according to the stats in the databook, Tousen is a pretty weak captain. Gin seems about average.

Still, I wouldn't underestimate either of them. We haven't seen Gin's Bankai and while Tousen may not be the best fighter, he seems proficient at kidou and strategy. It's also possible that Aizen, Gin and Tousen already have new Hollow abilities - after all, that was Aizen's entire point with stealing the Hougyoku: transcending the borders of power of Shinigami and become even stronger than he already was by obtaining Hollow abilities.

The way I see it, Tousen and Gin are not very strong compared to the Espada. But if they have obtained Hollow powers, that's a whole different story. In that case, they could be around the level of the top 4.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sindergi View Post
    Hi,

first of all I want to say sorry if this topic were allready discussed in some other thread...... but I didnt find a thread with this content.

Tousen and Gin seems to be the right and the left-hand of Aizen, but how powerful are they compared to the espada ?
    Tousen ripped off Grimjows left arm very easily but I dont think that Grimjow expected the attack of Tousen....so I dont think that this is an indicator of his strenght.

Are they stronger then the espada or weaker, does Aizen given them some power-up like he created the "espada" ?
    I think that Aizen is working on getting the perfect Hollowfication to get the more power.

He tested on Shinigami, and he's now testing on Hollow.

I think when he's satisfied of the results, he will test again on Shinigami (Tousen and Gin), so I think that once we get to see them fight, they will be just like Uber-Strong Vizards.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHomeMade Nindo View Post
    I think that Aizen is working on getting the perfect Hollowfication to get the more power.

He tested on Shinigami, and he's now testing on Hollow.

I think when he's satisfied of the results, he will test again on Shinigami (Tousen and Gin), so I think that once we get to see them fight, they will be just like Uber-Strong Vizards.
    Yeah this could be....
    But why is Aizen allready so powerful, did he try the hollowfication on himself ? Because Aizen has to be uber-strong if he can lead the whole arrancars and espadas......or did they just follow aizen because he makes them stronger.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ren Boy-'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well as we look on the circumstances of the espadas now. I'd say that gin and tousen could be comparable to even the likes of the 5th espada

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ren Boy- View Post
    Well as we look on the circumstances of the espadas now. I'd say that gin and tousen could be comparable to even the likes of the 5th espada
    Tousen Maybe the 8th or 9th espada he was easily defeated by Zaraki

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sindergi View Post
    Hi,

I don't think it matters if Grimmjow expected it or not. The Espada are incredibly strong whether they are expecting an attack or not, and Tousen was able to cut Grimmjow's arm off and burn it completely afterwards.

I do believe Tousen and Gin are stronger than the Espada.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black lagoon View Post
    Tousen Maybe the 8th or 9th espada he was easily defeated by Zaraki
    Yes but maybe hes getting stronger since then......at this moment there were only incomplete arrancar around so maybe Tousen-power were incomplete too or he didnt show his true power........a lot of people didnt want to show their true power sometimes - for whatever reason

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    I don't think it matters if Grimmjow expected it or not. The Espada are incredibly strong whether they are expecting an attack or not, and Tousen was able to cut Grimmjow's arm off and burn it completely afterwards.

I do believe Tousen and Gin are stronger than the Espada.
    Not stronger than all of the espada if you remember we have not that much info on Gin

I'd say they can compete with majoirity of the espada like proberly any captain can do. So if is not a big feature for them

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jassaray's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin seems strong, only because his abilities are largely unknown and he demonstrates that eerily confident aura about him.

The problem with Tousen is that we've seen him beaten. And the Bleach fanbase is obsessed with gauging strengths on past performances and finds it hard to let go. (Hitsugaya's most recent fight and the arguments surrounding it being a prime example).

The bottom line is, they're with Aizen for a reason. Personally, I see Aizen and Gin betraying Tousen at some point in the future. Tousen is there because of his own "path of justice", I think Aizen is using that and will eventually discard him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

^I definitely agree about that last part.

Tousen seems to believe that Aizen will bring some sort of order to the world, but Aizen's not going to follow that deal. He probably convinced Tousen to join him early on, so no one would realise anything about Kyouka Suigetsu. Once Tousen's role is played, Aizen and Gin will betray him.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Tousen is on par with Komamura, and Gin is on par with Hitsugaya. (unless they are now hollows) They both are weaker than Stark.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't make assumptions like that gran maestro. tousen and gin hollowfied would be comparable to love and rose from the vizards. as ex captiains like i said in previous post they are comparable to the 6th espada or 5th. The mask won't give them such a jump from 5th to 4th because ichigo with mask got demolished, so the same can occur with gin and tousen hollowfied

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think hollowification is overrated. IMO it doesn't make a shinigami ultra-powerful, it's a 20%, 30% power-boost at best. I think 2 shinigami Shinji can easily best 1 vizard Shinji.

According to this theory of mine, Hollow Tousen would be on par with Byakuya and Hollow Gin would be on par with Shunsui. It would make Gin stronger than Stark (Bankai Shunsui>Stark) but Tousen doesn't have this potential.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast