Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: This Week (Roads 117-118-119-120-121-122-Millennium Dream) Discussions and Predictions

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Roads 117-118-119-120-121-Millenium Dream) Discussions and Predictions

Chapter 119 just like every chapter is also on mangahelpers...
    Read it online or download it here if you can't download it from mediafire: http://mangahelpers.com/s/shinji/details/38535

There's no problem at all with the mediafire link by the way >_>

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member "~Mail~"'s Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Roads 117-118-119-120-121-Millenium Dream) Discussions and Predictions

Libero doesn't stand between the keeper (directly) but from the side of non-blocking view of keeper. Libero must know that having such gap between other defender which will cause the defense unable to catch other attacker (this is what mostly happen to goal created by attacker).

If u're nearer to other defense, then the other defender can help on remarking the attacker. In chap 120 pg 06, see that Blueno was way too far from the other defense line 3~4 yard. If this was going to happen, anyone can & able to score from that position. Not even a genius can do that.

Also, this is what I said about offside trap. He was too far to help make the offside trap. If he was on the line with the other, than probably they can make Rivaul offside.
    Last edited by "~Mail~"; July 04, 2009 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Can' t you understand that no matter where Blueno is, Tsubasa was doing his pass before Rivaul run past the defenders? That your idea of an offside trap would just lead to Tsubasa or Rivaul ending up one on one against the keeper? Or even 2 on 1... Don't you think that Takahashi knows more than you what his characters can do and can not? That he knows better than you what is the best course of action for his characters?

No, Takahashi and the people he's drawing are just too dumb for your unnoticed godly soccer knowledge

God, I really feel like we're in real soccer here, with the spectator critizing his own team everytime shit happens, as if he'd do better as the coach or on the field when he has no authority at all When are you going to throw objects at the manga shouting "buuuu, buuu", Mail?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member "~Mail~"'s Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinji got mad.. Haha.. Well, that what manga reader do. We review and/or critics. If we don't do that, then you don't read, just watch the pictures.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Blabble's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

hey don't generalize manga readers please. I keep most of the critics in my head cuz bitching about it is not going to change anything anyway.

And I do read, but I don't care much about the distance between the players and stuff, cuz that stuff can get really irrelevant especially in a manga where the goal post can stretch to several metres (and the players as well)

6. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Silen's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree with Santa, since arguing again and again of those weak points you find in CT won't change them in any way; if did like you, Mail, i would never enjoyed anything in my life

nice prediction master of chaos!
    Last edited by Silen; July 04, 2009 at 09:13 AM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

If putting smiley everywhere is your idea of getting mad, then yeah I got mad, whatever >_>

Critics are supposed to talk about the good things *as well* Without that you're just acting either like a spoiled kid, because you're never satisfied, or a fool, because you read something you never like *everyday*.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dmitri's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

In millenium dream not cover? Shinji why you don't include this cover:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/251888452/Cover.jpg.html
    in your translated one-shot?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

That's color art n°3 >_>

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mockme's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

First time posting here at Captain Tsubasa forums, and I've got to say I'm quite confused about why I'm doing this.

The reason? Well, to be honest with you, I hate Captain Tsubasa with a passion. I love real football, play it myself and as an extreme fan of realism in anything that concerns the sport (be it manga, anime, live action or video games) I find myself crying tears of blood when I read this stuff. But even after saying that I still read every chapter that comes out. I can't even understand it myself.

I don't blame you people for liking this manga. It can be quite exciting, and I do agree that the characters and storytelling are quite nice, but the actual football just makes my head explode. It's just physically impossible to do half of the things that are done in Captain Tsubasa. Though that is often the case with sports mangas, I think that there are some that have toned down the defying of the laws of physics quite well, like Slam Dunk, Rookies and Fantasista.

But now I'm going badly off-topic here, so I'll just state my thoughts about the latest chapters here:

The match between Barca and Real Madrid has been done quite nicely, and the rivarly between Tsubasa and Natureza is especially interesting. And now with Rivaul taking part in the match and immediately producing great results working together with Tsubasa, I can't wait to see what's in store for the last minutes. I think I'll be reading at least until the end of this match, if not even further.

P.S. I still hate this manga! :P

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmm yeah, but I don't think it would be that popular if it weren't for the defying physics. I mean, it led to the creation of the japan national football team, that's already a big achievement.

CT isn't about the great storyline or great characters. Honestly, a bunch of them are quite one dimensional like the good old retro anime days. It was the defying physics that made it so interesting. It's basically the trademark of the series, and if you take that away, it's not CT. So I find it unfortunate that you enjoy the characters and storyline, but completely miss out on the main thing.

And if you think CT has crazy physics, you haven't seen Ring ni Kakero yet (which was another huge hit) Naruto isn't realistic, Dragonball Z isn't realistic, Mazinger Z isn't realistic, and yet, they were such huge hits.

The reason I still enjoy CT today is not only because of the nostalgia, but because I'm very open minded and CT offers me an alternative football that I will never see in real life. So I propose you do the same if you want to enjoy it fully.

Also, the hate is totally pointless really. I don't see why people spend their time hating things. If I don't like something, I just usually skip it and go watch something else, it's not like I'm tied to a chair and I'm forced to view it. I mean, I've seen people wasting their time hating Naruto passionately (that goes both ways), it's fine if you don't like something, but going over the top and posting hate messages all over is not cool dude. Anime/Manga should be embraced, not dissed, which is the main problem with anime/manga fans today. They totally act like fanboys and shut one side of their brain and refuse to acknowledge anything.

Now concerning Slam Dunk, I don't think it's realistic either. I mean they take ages for a game, and do you really think real basketball players think out that much in such a fast paced game, I doubt it. Something like that can make sense in Eyeshield 21 where there are numerous breaks, but not with basketball. No way.

EDIT: And CT attracts more non football fans than football fans, that's a fact.
    Last edited by Blabble; July 04, 2009 at 09:38 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I do enjoy CT these days more because of nostalgia than for everything else. CT was a part of my childhood, since one TV Channel transmited the J season of the anime just before Yu Yu Hakusho, and those two became a part of my childhood.

I do think that the mangá is a lot better than the anime, but sometimes I find myself amazed, thinking about WHY do I still read it. Anyway, week after week, I'm always here, and waiting for the next chapters, and I don't spend a lot of time criticizing chapter after chapter, like some guys (erm... guy) do. And I can shutdown my soccer brain and enjoy the good things during a great part of the mangá anyway, so... I still enjoy CT, and I'm really far away from hating it, but yeah, I do like Fantasista and Whistle! a lot more than CT right now.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

How did you find the Millenium Dream then? I think it was more realistic, and still far better than any other soccer manga out there (Yeah, I've read Fantasista and Whistle a bit...), well, except for the last move... But still, believable, with supposedly geniuses players and a good amount of luck.

Even "realistic" mangas still has some unrealistic things happening (or at least some things I never saw in real life), it's just a matter on how much fantasy you're willing to see, I doubt that people willing to see no fantasy *at all* are actually satisfied by any manga, even the so called "realistic" ones.
    Personally, less than what's in Captain Tsubasa, I find it boring, more than what's in Captain Tsubasa (Prince of tennis for example), I'm still entertained, but it's really too much.

As for people wondering why they are reading this manga, without finding any reason, I can give some: the exciting drawings of soccer actions, even realistic ones, like the heel lift in Road 67, I mean, how can you expect to be fired up by a shot when it's drawn in a small frame, without any dynamic move or posture >_> the bunch of characters and their development, I mean, how many mangas can make people fond of a more than secondary character, and give some fanservice? The professional world (for Road to 2002 at least), and the fantasy moves. Even if you like realism, I know you're fond of it, admit it I guess you could include nostalgia, but since I never liked the anime, that doesn't work for me.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I've become a total fan of CT in 2006 because of the Golden 23 chapters I was reading on Nicolito's site. Sure ok I liked the old anime (contrary to Shinji), but I wasn't that big of a fan compared to what I am today.

I've started reading fantasista a few weeks ago but the main character teppei is like the one in Whistle. I'm noticing a trend here, and I don't want to see small brats again as main chars. And then there's Sena from Eyeshield 21...

And honestly, the Whistle anime was a bit boring. I took several weeks to finish it. Honestly, it tries to look realistic but man, it just didn't click together. The players/coach were over thinking about the game and stuff. Mangas tend to turn simple stuff into much more complicated mess that's not even really applied to the real game. It's high school soccer and they're going into intricate details such as percentage of the field and other stuff like that. If you enjoy the deeper kind of football, it's your call and I respect that, but don't call it realistic, oh please. Also, there were not enough hot blooded characters ><.

On the other hand, I took only around 3 days to finish the entire Hungry Hearts anime. The over the top action drama was the best. And there's also Aoki Densetsu Shoot, another excellent football anime (except that one of the characters can do drive shoot. Yeah chars have special shots in this one as well, so this kinda kept me on going)

But Shinji is right about CT. It's the dynamic drawings, the actions are shown in full glory and they are easy to follow (especially road to 2002) A lot of sport mangas I've read just don't translate as well as CT in paper format.

Aoki Densetsu Shoot for example, despite being a very enjoyable anime, the actions in the manga were so-so. If only the Road to 2002 CT anime had the same fluidity as the manga, it would have been awesome because it was such a let down in that department compared to CT J.

You know, I usually prefer to dissociate myself from people who only know the CT anime cuz they're pretty much clueless when it comes to CT. Olive et Tom? Holly and Benji? Captain Majed... Man...
    Last edited by Blabble; July 05, 2009 at 01:30 AM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Roads 117-118-119-120-121-122-Millenium Dream) Discussions and Predictions

Anyway, to be back on topic, since the last chapter of the week was released, here are my critics on everything that was released.

First, the one shot. God, it was good. As I've said earlier, probably more realistic than the usual Captain Tsubasa, since the only special move (safe from the mention of the Raiju Shoot) were the two overhead kicks in the end. Also, the drawings were more much detailed, too bad that Takahashi can't put such levels of details in a serialisation. I especially liked Nakamura Shunsuke, and Ono Shinji's moves, they seemed to be drawn in a much cooler way than Misaki and Misugi, while they did something similar against Brazil during the World Youth. I'd also like a similar scenario for the series, with Japan and Brazil in the same group and Brazil being first, Tsubasa being injured, and the team trying to hold on without him. I'd probably like to see him injured earlier than in the semi finals though... I'd also like to see the semi final, Japan versus Spain, now that we know a bunch of spanish players. And of course, a final with Rivaul, Natureza, Santana, maybe Robecaro, Almieja, Radunga and more...
    Too bad that only 3 japanese CT characters were playing... Too bad that Natureza wasn't there either.

As for the chapters, well, Rivaul seemed really cool when he was saying things like "it could be interesting", "I'll manage as well". Since I like Grandios too, I liked how he pointed out that the opponent was confused as well. Rivaul totally reversed the flow, but I'm also happy that Madrid's coach wasn't afraid anyway, and asked to keep on attacking. Rivaul and Tsubasa were really cool when they came back to the center circle with the ball... Though the flashback wasn't necessary, just the picture of little Tsubasa with little Misaki was really essential, forthe sake of the next pic... I didn't like Tsubasa and Rivaul's golden combi so much, when they took the ball from Natureza, when they passed to each other... It was good when they crossed their path though, and the overheads were good enough. But actually, I really prefered their switch, with Rivaul's Golden Hawk Shot, as well, as their defense with Grandios. Yeaaaah, Grandios took the ball from Natureza in chapter 122!! I prefer when the "golden combis" are also including other players, rather than doing everything on their own.
    I may have a thing for defensive mid fielders, first Matsuyama, and I like Grandios very much too...
    Last edited by Shinji; July 05, 2009 at 04:13 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast