Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: This Week (Roads 117-118-119-120-121-122-Millennium Dream) Discussions and Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mockme's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Roads 117-118-119-120-121-Millenium Dream) Discussions and Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by SantaBla View Post
    Mmm yeah, but I don't think it would be that popular if it weren't for the defying physics. I mean, it led to the creation of the japan national football team, that's already a big achievement.

CT isn't about the great storyline or great characters. Honestly, a bunch of them are quite one dimensional like the good old retro anime days. It was the defying physics that made it so interesting. It's basically the trademark of the series, and if you take that away, it's not CT. So I find it unfortunate that you enjoy the characters and storyline, but completely miss out on the main thing.

And if you think CT has crazy physics, you haven't seen Ring ni Kakero yet (which was another huge hit) Naruto isn't realistic, Dragonball Z isn't realistic, Mazinger Z isn't realistic, and yet, they were such huge hits.

The reason I still enjoy CT today is not only because of the nostalgia, but because I'm very open minded and CT offers me an alternative football that I will never see in real life. So I propose you do the same if you want to enjoy it fully.

Also, the hate is totally pointless really. I don't see why people spend their time hating things. If I don't like something, I just usually skip it and go watch something else, it's not like I'm tied to a chair and I'm forced to view it. I mean, I've seen people wasting their time hating Naruto passionately (that goes both ways), it's fine if you don't like something, but going over the top and posting hate messages all over is not cool dude. Anime/Manga should be embraced, not dissed, which is the main problem with anime/manga fans today. They totally act like fanboys and shut one side of their brain and refuse to acknowledge anything.

Now concerning Slam Dunk, I don't think it's realistic either. I mean they take ages for a game, and do you really think real basketball players think out that much in such a fast paced game, I doubt it. Something like that can make sense in Eyeshield 21 where there are numerous breaks, but not with basketball. No way.

EDIT: And CT attracts more non football fans than football fans, that's a fact.
    What I tried to say with pointing out my hatred for this manga is that even though I don't like it it's still got me hooked, and forces me to read it every time a new chapter comes out. I guess that's just the entertainment value. I do admit that CT's popularity is impressive. And as for Naruto and other non-sport mangas you mentioned, I don't look for realism in those. It's usually just sports mangas, but I can find entertainment in ones that do defy the law of physics and am even impressed by some of them, like PoT and ES21.

I'll try to do as you do and keep an open mind while reading CT. If I've enjoyed my FIFA Street games on the PlayStation then I can damn well enjoy Captain Tsubasa.

As for Slam Dunk's realism, basketball is all about making instant decisions. Timeout's are only for planning the one offensive play that will follow it. When the game is going on, the point guard calls the plays. And although we were never shown Miyagi calling a play, I think he still did it. Or at least looked for signs from the bench, and then relayed them to his teammates.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Roads 117-118-119-120-121-122-Millenium Dream) Discussions and Predictions

I read CT because it entertains me and that's all the reason I need.

Now onto the last chapter... Naturezza has been demoted from his Godlike position Still, it took the best player in the world at the moment, one of the best future players in the world and Barcelona's "Captain in the shadows" to do so. The later twin passes didn't impress me at all thought, since it's something we're long used to seeing in CT and in particular when Tsubasa is involved.

I think my previous prediction pretty much is coming true, but here's a little shorter version of what I think will happen next:
    Barca uses the entire team, not just Rivaul and Tsubasa and surprises the Real defense (yeah, it's lame, but it's not unusual in CT to "surprise" a seemingly great team with something as predictable) with the Golden Combi ultimately doing a double move again to score the equalizing goal. Naturezza thus sees the importance in teamwork and with the help of most of the Real team gives Real the lead again. The rest is covered in my previous prediction
    The day Naruto manga FAILED made funny ==> Chapter 448 Crack

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dmitri's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Roads 117-118-119-120-121-122-Millenium Dream) Discussions and Predictions

in color art write MilleNNium Dream!!! Double "nn"...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Roads 117-118-119-120-121-122-Millennium Dream) Discussions and Predictions

Impressive analysis of the whole game. For me to be matter of fact football was known when Ronaldo was famous during 1998 WC i believe. France won the game and i came to know about Zidane. later in 2002 brazil won the game again i was still not that hooked to football. between 2002 and 2006 during my hostel stay i learnt a lot about football and started enjoying it as well though never watched it much. 2006 WC was the first one i had really watched and i just could not believe the way Zidane handled Ronaldino.. Coming into the WC ronaldino was in great form but just could not play his part to very well. Then i started reading manga and CT and thats when i really started appreciating real football. I do not mean CT football was real but atleast i was gettting to knwo the terms of football and bit of game.

Well this was nostalgia and do mind my post

Back to the manga: Superb storyline. the way Barca made natureza make the mistake and proceed. I just do not have words to the way the other characters are also being allowed to play in this series so far..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Blabble's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Roads 117-118-119-120-121-Millenium Dream) Discussions and Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by mockme View Post
    As for Slam Dunk's realism, basketball is all about making instant decisions. Timeout's are only for planning the one offensive play that will follow it. When the game is going on, the point guard calls the plays. And although we were never shown Miyagi calling a play, I think he still did it. Or at least looked for signs from the bench, and then relayed them to his teammates.
    Then why are the matches so goddamn long and slow? I mean, this would have been one of my fav show if it weren't for that cuz everything else was awesome about Slam Dunk. The main char was hilarious. And did you know that Slam Dunk is ahead of Captain Tsubasa in all time best manga sales in Japan (not international)?

Slam Dunk is now ranked 4 instead of 3, and Ct is ranked 8. Yes, Ct lost one rank to Kinnikuman (Muscle Man for those who remember the nes 8 bit game). http://comipress.com/article/2008/12/31/3733 in this new updated ranking from 2008. I think part of it is because he took that nearly 1 year break although it did have its come back in the shounen jump as well as Kinnikuman.

And Shinji, it did count sales from other magazines in the 2006 article.
    Quote Quote:
    *Includes sequals that are published in other magazines
    http://comipress.com/article/2006/06/01/196

Also Mockme, if you hate CT but you continue reading it, then your hatred is not very rational. Is it? Comics are meant to entertain people, and if it entertained you, then it did its job. Hate is a strong word to use considering you did get some enjoyment out of it. If I truly hate something, I will never read it whatsoever.

On topic: The flashback on Misaki is essential because it explains why Tsubasa can have a good coop play with Rivaul.
    Last edited by Blabble; July 06, 2009 at 04:30 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7