Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who's the best RB?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kobayakawa Sena

9 23.08%
  • Yamato Takeru

14 35.90%
  • Patrick Spencer

16 41.03%
  • Kaitani Riku

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Strongest RB

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member blackpowa's Avatar
    Country
    Sudan
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Strongest RB

i went with panther for the simple reason he owned everyone on japans team and probably in america, i hear yall saying that yamato's a balanced runner and thats true but panther was ultra reliable and they say your strongest card is your safest card

LOL REDSKINS ALL THE WAY
    but no id have to say brandon jacobs is more of a yamato type, or adrian peterson

barry sanders= panther hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Rsatori View Post
    Well, people knew he existed they just didn't know his name. Even though he kept a low profile you'd think he'd take his training seriously and make some record times. I think there would have been mention of other characters that surpassed Shin's previous record of 4.4 seconds. Then again there was barely ever any mention of the Kansai region to begin with. Shin was a second year in highschool by the time he had 4.4 seconds. Sena was a first year as was Yamato. It's possible for Yamato to not have had any official record but he did make his way to the Teikoku 1st string in a single day. This means he must have been very impressive. He was also known as the speedy-type before we saw his Caesar's charge so I'm guessing they had to have recorded his 40 by then. Though by this time Sena was supposedly the fastest high schooler with his 4.2 second run in an instant. So there's nothing conclusive but my gut feeling tells me that he runs around 4.4 or 4.5.

I also take into consideration the Teikoku match where someone comments that Yamato had the power of Gaou and the average speed of Sena, which I think is around 4.5 seconds. Yamato himself made a comment that Sena was a little bit faster than him and I think running a 4.5 is still pretty fast even if he isn't at Sena's speed.
    i always took it as this, yamato's starting speed was around 4.6 4.5 but his top speed (which he uses once he got serioous i guess) would probably be around 4.3 or something like that. i remember when taka got serious someone saying that he was as fast as yamato's starting speed which had to be faster than a 4.7 sooo yeah panther was the beest rb hands down
    Last edited by blackpowa; July 01, 2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "They said I was the greatest pitcher they ever saw…I couldn’t understand why they couldn’t give me no justice."

"You win a few, you lose a few. Some get rained out. But you got to dress for all of them."

Ain’t no man can avoid being born average, but there ain’t no man got to be common

- all by the late the great Satchel Paige

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member XEL's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strongest RB

Quote Originally Posted by blackpowa View Post
    barry sanders= panther hands down
    REDSKINS! WHOO!
    But no, if DeAngelo Hall played HB instead of CB he'd be Panther. He runs 4.1 I think :] He just needs to get bigger.

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cHaotix8's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd think Barry Sanders would be more of a Sena than Panther.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mockme's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Yamato is the best, but that may be because I like power backs above those speedy types. Of course, Panther's great, perhaps even flawless. But even with that I'd choose Yamato.

And as for the comparison of NFL players to these guys: Sena is definitely Barry Sanders. Yamato is the Adrian Peterson type, and in my mind Panther's a bit like Chris Johnson, who I think is the fastest running back in the NFL with his 4.23 or something like that. And his speed doesn't even go down with pads on! His teammate in Tennessee, LenDale White, slows down considerably after he puts them on, but Johnson just keeps on going with that insane speed.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Sena kicks ass. That's just all there is to it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner JumpmanJV's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Westbrook, no e. LOL

He's probably my favorite HB in the league. He can block because he has power. He has crazy bursts of speed. And he can catch better than a lot of tight ends. Definitely up there.

I don't think Peterson has the same power Yamato has.... Brandon Jacobs is more fitting. Tomlinson could be Panther if he was faster.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rsatori's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really dabble much in actual football. I play Madden 09 but that's about it. Recently I looked up a guy named Bo Jackson and I have to say he is similar to Yamato. He was fast and evasive, which made it hard to catch him and when caught with a tackle he could shake it off like it never happened. Sometimes it took more than three people to take him down. The only thing Yamato would need is more speed.
    Sometimes I think that anime and manga today is all thanks to the Atomic Bombs.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsatori View Post
    I don't really dabble much in actual football. I play Madden 09 but that's about it. Recently I looked up a guy named Bo Jackson and I have to say he is similar to Yamato. He was fast and evasive, which made it hard to catch him and when caught with a tackle he could shake it off like it never happened. Sometimes it took more than three people to take him down. The only thing Yamato would need is more speed.
    yup, possibly the most accurate comparison

Country
    Sudan
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL BO jackson hahaha now he was probably one of the most talented atheletes to ever live, NFL and MLB at the same time, but i dont think yamato would be an adrian peterson type, adrian peterson is faster than yamato, but sena seems more like a reggie bush type,
    panther idk there is noone to compare him to
    "They said I was the greatest pitcher they ever saw…I couldn’t understand why they couldn’t give me no justice."

"You win a few, you lose a few. Some get rained out. But you got to dress for all of them."

Ain’t no man can avoid being born average, but there ain’t no man got to be common

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mockme's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Bo Jackson was probably the only running back to ever play the game that could be described with the word "perfect". Sure, Barry Sanders totally dominated, as did Gale Sayers, Walter Payton and many other greats. LT and Adrian Peterson are still doing it. Still, Bo Jackson was in a league of his own. Speed that none could catch up to and power that no one could take down. A perfect running back. Shame that his career was so short-lived.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rsatori's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy also played Baseball professionally. I think he loved Baseball a lot more and went on to play it even after his hip injury. I watched some highlight videos of him on Youtube and saw him going down after like.. a 5-man tackle.
    Sometimes I think that anime and manga today is all thanks to the Atomic Bombs.

Country
    Sudan
    Post Thanks / Like

idk if yamaro would be bo jackson caliber but that surely seems possible unfortunately i wasnt alive when bo jackson played :P

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JumpmanJV View Post
    LOL. yea, he doesn't exist irl. The best you can get is someone like barber who grinds his way forward for every yard and refuses to go down. At this point i'm guessing you've realized i'm a cowboys fan
    Errr, I understand the reason that you'd love barber (I do too) but Adrian Peterson is what I would call the perfect all around back, he's got Barber's strength and mentality but he also is one of the fastest running backs in the leauge as well!

(I'd vote Yamato because of his unyielding willpower and his impressive overall ability. I really wish we got to/get to see older Sena's running style though.)

One more thing, L.T is easily the most comparable back to Sena. If you look at the way L.T. ran during his prime season, you could easily see the Sena in him.
    Last edited by Eyeshield12; July 14, 2009 at 05:12 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

true dat.... sena couldn't throw like LT though, lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sena is my favorite, but as far as "Who's the best?" ; I'd have to vote Panther.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2