Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Yeah, charting at all for a new series is pretty good, unless it's from a really established talent. There's nothing to be disappointed about with those sales figures.
New comic ranking sells:
Good to see Sket Dance cross the 100k mark again like it did in it's previous tank release. Psyren no where to be seen in it's 2nd week as expected. While While Bakuman, TLR, Beelzebub and Kuroko no Baske hold up well enough in it's 2nd week to be ranked in the top 30. Kuroko about 9k away from hitting 100k which it should hit next week.
Oricon Manga Rankings 11/9 - 11/15
1. Naruto volume 47 (150,481/932,100)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
2. Angel Heart volume 31 (132,183)(Comic Bunch)
3. Gintama volume 31 (83,337/348,232)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
4. Bakuman. volume 5 (59,070/277,821)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
5. Claymore volume 17 (49,572/195,594)(Jump SQ)
6. Steel Ball Run volume 19 (41,064/169,878)(Ultra Jump)
7. Liar Game volume 10 (40,623/125,637)(Weekly Young Jump)
8. Bokura ga Ita volume 13 (39,110/351,696)(Betsucomi)
9. Sengoku Tensho - ki volume 7 (38,857/77,488)(Young Magazine)
10. Faster Than a Kiss volume 6 (36,878/121,326)(LaLa)
11. Sakura Hime Kaden volume 3 (36,624)(Ribon)
12. St. Young Men volume 4 (36,317/668,989)(Morning2)
13. Tokidamari no Hime volume 2 (36,150)(Petit Comic)
14. Majo wa Nido Aegu volume 2 (35,072)(Petit Comic)
15. Tokyo Alice volume 5 (32,259)(Kiss)
16. Q & A volume 1 (31,960)(Monthly Shonen Sunday)
17. Shinjuku Swan volume 20 (31,298/62,608)(Young Magazine)
18. To Love Ru volume 16 (31,149/133,391)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
19. Neko Mix Genkitan Toraji volume 3 (26,834)(Rinka)
20. The Super Dimension Fortress Macross The First volume 1 (26,746/38,335)
21. Higanjima volume 28 (26,267/45,128)(Young Magazine)
22. Beelzebub volume 3 (24,979/112,740)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
23. Kenka Shobai volume 18 (24,622/46,683)(Young Magazine)
24. Kuroko no Basket volume 4 (24,412/91,559)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
25. Haru wo Daiteita volume 14 (24,078)
26. Sket Dance volume 10 (23,529/101,675)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
27. Crows Zero volume 5 (23,266/51,537)(Weekly Shonen Champion)
28. Machi de Uwasa no Tengu no Ko volume 5 (22,429)(Flowers)
29. Yu - Gi - Oh GX volume 6 (21,777/81,512)(V - Jump)
30. Asu no Yoichi! volume 11 (21,705/47,591)(Monthly Shonen Champion)
Beelzebub and Kuroko both passed their previous volumes (at least in terms of sales tracked in the Top 30), and Sket Dance passed 100,000 for the second volume in a row.
That's a solid debut for the first volume of Q & A.
Oricon Manga Rankings 11/16 - 11/22
1. Detective Conan volume 66 (333,541) (Weekly Shonen Sunday)
2. Fairy Tail volume 18 (211,669) (Weekly Shonen Magazine)
3. Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle volume 28 (195,137) (Weekly Shonen Magazine)
4. Cross Game volume 16 (190,426) (Weekly Shonen Sunday)
5. Diamond no Ace volume 18 (156,063) (Weekly Shonen Sunday)
6. Negima! volume 28 (153,208) (Weekly Shonen Magazine)
7. Billy Bat volume 2 (96,603) (Morning)
8. Area no Kishi volume 18 (77,417) (Weekly Shonen Magazine)
9. Gakuen Alice volume 20 (73,232) (Hana to Yume)
10. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei volume 19 (65,205) (Weekly Shonen Magazine)
11. Naruto volume 48 (64,298/996,398) (Weekly Shonen Jump)
12. Shin Kamen Rider Spirits volume 1 (56,066) (Magazine Z)
13. Oh! My Goddess volume 40 (53,211) (Afternoon)
14. Gekkou Jourei volume 7 (53,078) (Weekly Shonen Sunday)
15. Kimi No Iru Machi volume 7 (52,158) (Weekly Shonen Magazine)
16. Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume volume 15 (50,041) (Hana to Yume)
17. Pumpkin Scissors volume 12 (48,872) (Monthly Shounen Magazine)
18. Negima! DVD Bundle volume 28 (47,611) (Weekly Shonen Magazine)
19. 81 Diver volume 13 (44,096) (Weekly Young Jump)
20. Future Diary volume 9 (43,714) (Shonen Ace)
21. Countach volume 18 (42,446) (Weekly Young Jump)
22. Godhand Teru volume 49 (42,203) (Weekly Shonen Magazine)
23. Shinyaku "Kyojin no Hoshi" Hanagata volume 16 (41,954) (Weekly Shonen Magazine)
24. Beshari Kurashi volume 9 (41,628) (Weekly Young Jump)
25. Kiss×sis volume 5 (38,963) (Young Magazine)
26. Orange Chocolate volume 2 (38,342) ()
27. Angel Heart volume 31 (37,733/169,916) (Comic Bunch)
28. Aoizaka High School Baseball Club volume 22 (35,646) (Weekly Shonen Sunday)
29. Gintama volume (35,468/383,700) (Weekly Shonen Jump)
30. Sakura Hime Kaden volume 3 (35,318/71,942) (Ribbon)
That's a decent boost in first week sales for Fairy Tail's first post-anime volume. It will be interesting to see what level it can sustain over the long term.
Considering how vile that anime is any bump is impressive. I'm more interested in seeing how the next volume of Kimi ni Todoke does, the new anime is an all time classic. Not that many series that interest me in these charts.
Whoa, Gekkou Jourei did a little better than the last time both in absolute and relative sales, not bad considering the bad vobes I get from 2ch.
And Shin Kamen Rider Spirits too w00t!
Let see if they can carry on the momentum next week.
Looks like we may well see the biggest first week ever in a couple weeks time:
Yeah, the print run doesn't necessarily reflect on how many people will buy it, but it seems pretty likely that the next volume of One Piece could set a record for biggest first week ever.
If they are going to print that many books they plan on shipping more than the usual million. Pretty mind boggling.
The bump in print numbers are probably to coincide with the release of the movie. Oda's been building tons of hype for this movie (consideirng how much background is given). This is can be see from how he advertised loudly about his involvement (everything from story to seiyuu selection), drew a supposed volume (yeah, volume) 0 that will only be out for a limited run (to the movie goers) and the fact that this movie seem to be set IN CANON (which excite the manga base more). I think Shueisha just want to milk on the possibility that these sales will make the quater's earnings look better.
But still, 2.85 million is WTF? Considering the volumes tend to sell about 1.7~2 million copies over time....I wonder if Shueisha is betting that the movie will actually draw new fans to the series...Which I doubt, seeing everyone that loves (or cares about) One Piece in Japan would probably already have been on the One Piece
BandwagonPirate Ship already. Even better if they time the release on the week of the movie...but that's just my opinion
Last edited by Rainrir; November 28, 2009 at 02:11 PM.
it IS way too much. but at least half of it is guaranteed to sell, so i guess its not that bad..
but who knows, Oda might make another history ^_^
Well you can easily get into a discussion about accuracy of Oricon's sales data and why the initial printing numbers may not be too far above sales (though even a 80% sell-through of total shipment would probably be "sold-out" in many shops.)
But regardless of that, it is unlikely they are printing that amount is due to the movie. There was a pretty big drop (anime rating-wise and in terms of volume shipment) over the course of the Enies Lobby arc. Since Thriller Bark arc it has rebounded. The last volume matched the 2.63 million record, so it's simply a matter of continuing that upwards trend not some big movie push.
I'm not sure what it said exactly, but i recall an Oricon article that was posted in this thread a few pages back talking about One Piece's rising (or highest sales Oricon has tracked for a manga volume?), if that was the case it'd match with the steadily increasing shipment numbers.
very different to the american ones ;s in a good way, and i dont really like beelzebub im only on chap 20 but i dont think its great
Manga Rankings 11/23 - 12/29
1. Nodame Cantabile volume 23 (469,344)(KISS)
2. REAL volume 9 (321,025)(Weekly Young Jump)
3. Yotsubato! volume 9 (264,460)(Dengeki Daioh)
4. Kuroshitsuji volume 8 (250,738)(GFantasy)
5. Detective Conan volume 66 (109,925/443,466)(Shonen Sunday)
6. Billy Bat volume 2 (96,883/193,486)(Morning)
7. Bamboo Blade volume 12 (88,569)(Young GanGan)
8. Pandora Hearts volume 10 (84,519)(GFantasy)
9. Strobe Edge volume 7 (82,575)(Betsuma)
10. Cross Game volume 16 (73,124)(Shonen Sunday)
11. Black Bird volume 9 (67,745)(Betsucomi)
12. Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles volume 28 (66,736/261,873)(Weekly Shonen Magazine)
13. 07 - Ghost volume 9 (66,358)(Comic Zero Sum)
14. Fairy Tail volume 18 (62,880/274,549)(Weekly Shonen Magazine)
15. Kaze Hikaru volume 27 (58,065)(Betsucomi)
16. Ace of Diamond volume 18 (49,201/205,264)(Weekly Shonen Magazine)
17. Aa! Megami - sama volume 40 (48,214/101,425)(Afternoon)
18. Mahou Sensei Negima! volume 28 (47,273/200,481)(Weekly Shonen Magazine)
19. Nodame Cantabile volume 23 Limited DVD-Bundle Edition (45,537)(KISS)
20. Naruto volume 48 (42,537/1,038,935)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
21. Future Diary volume 9 (40,264/83,978)(Shonen Ace)
22. Gakuen Alice volume 20 (38,540/111,772)(Hana to Yume)
23. Momogumi Plus Senki volume 7 (36,486)(Asuka)
24. Kiss×Sis volume 5 (34,483/73,446)(Young Magazine)
25. Hare Guu volume 10 (34,374/48,616)(Shonen Gangan)
26. Loveless limited edition volume 9 (33,351)(Comic Zero-Sum)
27. Bamboo Blade B volume 2 (29,960)(Shonen Gangan)
28. Beshari Kurashi volume 9 (28,539/70,167)(Weekly Young Jump)
29. Loveless volume 9 (27,607)(Comic Zero-Sum)
30. The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service volume 12 (27,348/39,316)(Comic Charge)
Last edited by Kaiten; December 02, 2009 at 10:57 PM.