Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

Probably a few of the top selling manga sell over a million per volume. HxH usually did, but I guess I wouldn't consider that a "current" manga anymore. Bleach does too, over time.

But the top five sellers in Japan are One Piece, Naruto, FMA, Nodame Cantabile, and Nana (not in that order). That's right.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I short hand them as "million sellers" as new volumes always sell that much by the time next one comes out. Bleach and Hunter x Hunter can take a long time to hit that mark, at least over the last few years.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

one day I find A list for the top ten for the best ongoing manga sell include only the first printing (i am not sure if it's exact) :
    1) one piece volume 27 : 2.600.000 copies
    2) nana volume 14 : 2.300.000 copies
    3) Detective Conan volume 17 : 2.000.000 copies
    4) VAGABOND volume volume 15 : 1.800.000 copies
    5) NARUTO volume 31 : 1.620.000 copies
    6) HUNTER X HUNTER volume 13 : 1.600.000 copies
    7) FMA volume 09 : 1.330.000 copies
    7) BLEACH volume 25 : 1.330.000 copies
    9) nodame cantabile volume 19 : 1.170.000 copies
    10) real volume 05 : 1.150.000 copies

this month (august) 6 manga for the top ten will realese :

Shûeisha :

Naruto volume 47

Bleach volume 40

Shogakukan :

Detective Conan volume 65:

Square-Enix :
    Full Metal Alchemist volume 23:

kodansha

Nodame Cantabile volume 22:

VAGABOND volume 31 ( I dont have a cover)

its will be a great war
    Last edited by salam-daim; August 16, 2009 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doubl epost

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure all of those are using the same sources? The Shounen Jump ones are from the 2ch Jump Log Warehouse numbers (or something using the same source as the 2ch Jump Log Warehouse).

The Nodame volume in particular seems pretty low, however. I think it's from Oricon's data, maybe?
    Last edited by blue123; August 16, 2009 at 06:56 PM.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue123 View Post
    Are you sure all of those are using the same sources? The Shounen Jump ones are from the 2ch Jump Log Warehouse numbers (or something using the same source as the 2ch Jump Log Warehouse).

The Nodame volume in particular seems pretty low, however. I think it's from Oricon's data, maybe?
    this it's another list but its identic ; from our famous francophone reporter heiiji-sama (I salvation this master)

and for Nodame it's a very populare manga from heiji-sama
    - Nodame Cantabile : 22 volumes (30 800 000 copies solded)
    it's close to 1.400.000 copies per volume

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Be careful; publishers have a habit of "over reporting" how many copies they sold. What Shueisha says it shipped and what it actually did can be two very different numbers.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DeidaraGrimmjow's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post
    I short hand them as "million sellers" as new volumes always sell that much by the time next one comes out. Bleach and Hunter x Hunter can take a long time to hit that mark, at least over the last few years.
    Do you mean that Bleach and HXH are decreasing in popularity?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeidaraGrimmjow View Post
    Do you mean that Bleach and HXH are decreasing in popularity?
    No, I don't think Kaiten meant it like that. It's just unlike Naruto, One Piece or Hagaren, Bleach and HxH doesn't reach 1 million during their run on the top 30 chart. It took them longer to reach 1 million. Both are big, but not as big as those 3.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Right. I'm not sure how popular either were before I started following sales, but neither seem to have lost readers. Every volume of each series makes the year end top 50 charts.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh okay. I wonder if the Big three's sales are proportionate to the time that they have been around. Bleach is the least popular out of the big three and it is also the youngest. One Piece is the most popular and it is also the oldest. One Piece is 14 volumes ahead of Bleach and 7 ahead of Naruto. So might we see Naruto and Bleach sell as much as One Piece (or at least really close) when they reach 54 volumes? At the very least I think Bleach might equal Naruto when it gets more volumes. What do you guys think?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I'm not sure it's going to work like that. I just can't see Naruto surpassing One Piece, nor can I see Bleach leap frogging Naruto, Nodame, and FMA. Not at this point. It's sales are to consistent, there has not been anything to lead me to believe it is getting more popular. The only series I can think of that could move into the top 5 anytime soon is St. Young Men, which after three volumes is almost as popular as Bleach and Hunter x Hunter. Kuroshitsuji could too, but it's sales have been steady for a while now.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think so. I just wanted someone else's input. But while Bleach is remaining consistant, One Piece is increasing isn't it? Man, that series is something else. And on the topic of Kuroshitsuji, it just popped out of nowhere for me. One minute its just another series in GFantasy. Another minute it's selling like 500,000 copies and an anime sequel announced by its 7th volume.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think so. I just wanted someone else's input. But while Bleach is remaining consistant, One Piece is increasing isn't it? Man, that series is something else. And on the topic of Kuroshitsuji, it just popped out of nowhere for me. One minute its just another series in GFantasy. Another minute it's selling like 500,000 copies and an anime sequel announced by its 7th volume.
    I've been questioning myself the same thing. Saint young men and Kuroshitsuji are the black horse manga of recent time. Both easily surpass 600k despite having few volume out. Can anyone tell me why both become super popular quickly? While I'm a big fan of both series and couldn't be happier that they are both a success, I really want to know the real reason why both are very successful

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Siberia's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuroshitsuji jumped so quickly becoz of its anime (the anime just caught more audience' attention on Kuroshitsuji but the anime itself doesn't follow the manga, so I don't see a strong connection how the anime boosts the sales of manga)

Kuroshitsuji is just a magic/miracle...
    MyList of reading n watching

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh okay. I wonder if the Big three's sales are proportionate to the time that they have been around. Bleach is the least popular out of the big three and it is also the youngest. One Piece is the most popular and it is also the oldest. One Piece is 14 volumes ahead of Bleach and 7 ahead of Naruto. So might we see Naruto and Bleach sell as much as One Piece (or at least really close) when they reach 54 volumes? At the very least I think Bleach might equal Naruto when it gets more volumes. What do you guys think?
    ONE PIECE is very popular in japon because it's a legend no relation to number of volumes , it's the best series ongoing and have a lot of adepts, and his the faster exceeded the figure of 100 million volumes sold in history of manga in japon; naruto and bleach are popular but not a legend
    next month (September) one piece volume 55 will realese in 04/09
    and I swear it will be the most sold by the Oricon ranking for 2 week and meaby can exceded 1.000.000 for the first week
    Last edited by salam-daim; August 17, 2009 at 06:14 AM.

New Reply
Page 6 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast