Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Indeed it does! Volume 1 came out last week.
Fairy Tail and Ahiru no Sora are most popular. Then Negima, TRC, Daiya no A, Ippo, Bloody Monday, and Air Gear in particular order. SZS is a little less popular but still does well. I still feel like I'm missing one ^^
Manga rankings, 6/6 - 6/12
1. Katekyo Hitman Reborn! volume 25 (154,234/414,666)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
2. Gintama volume 29 (138,670/343,102)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
3. Angel Heart volume 30 (111,839)(Comic Bunch)(seinen)
4. Natsume Yuujinchou volume 8 (88,645/219,042)(LaLa)(shojo)
5. Pluto volume 8 (86,472/437,616)(Big Comic Original)(seinen)
6. Initial D volume 39 (83,313)(Young Magazine)(seinen)
7. Hanme Baki - Son of Ogre volume 19 (74,142)(Weekly Shonen Champion)
8. Kuroshitsuji volume 7 (66,954/490,810)(GFantasy)
9. Steel Ball Run volume 18 (64,344/164,186)(Ultra Jump)(seinen)
10. Gag Manga Biyori volume 10 (55,918/118,779)(Jump SQ)
11. pPoi volume 27 (53,712/107,313)(LaLa)(shojo)
12. Asu no Yoichi! volume 10 (49,635)(Monthly Shonen Champion)
13. the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - chan volume 3 (46,491)(Shonen Ace)
14. Shinjuku Swan volume 19 (46,119)(Young Magazine)(seinen)
15. Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar volume 17 (45,663/102,832)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
16. Ganso! Urayasu Tekkin Kazoku volume 23 (43,636)(Weekly Shonen Champion)
17. Saru Lock volume 21 (41,406)(Young Magazine)(seinen)
18. Beelzebub volume 1 (39,684/90,847)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
19. Higanjima volume 27 (39,501)(Young Magazine)(seinen)
20. Gifū Dōdō!! Naoe Kanetsugu -Maeda Keiji Tsuki-gatari volume 3 (37,458)(Comic Bunch)(seinen)
21. Kenka Shobai volume 16 (35,953)(Young Magazine)(seinen)
22. Hyakki Yakou Shou volume 18 (35,779)(51,478)(Nemuki)(josei)
23. Ookiku Furikabutte volume 12 (34,884/421,161)(Afternoon)(seinen)
24. Bartender volume 14 (32,037/67,957)(Super Jump)(seinen)
25. Shiki volume 5 (31,060/76,713)(Jump SQ)(shonen)
26. xxxHOLIC volume 15 (30,164/369,174)(Young Magazine)(seinen)
27. Harukanaru Toki no Naka de volume 16 (30,053/66,134)(LaLa)(shojo)
28. Kodomo no Jikan volume 7 (29,264)(Comic High)(seinen)
29. Billy Bat volume 1 (29,117/243,163)(Morning)(seinen)
30. Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro volume 22 (28,939/77,711)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
Things I learned this week: Gag Manga Biyori is more popular then Jagaur. Who knew? Billy Bat will be Naoki Urasawa's fourth straight hit. Beelzebub is the real deal. Baki has butt ugly cover art >.<
Last edited by Kaiten; July 15, 2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
I'm interested in which will come out on top between Gintama and Reborn in overall sales this time around. XD
Kuroshitsuji and Pluto almost breaking the 500K mark.
I think this is the first time I get to track Asu no Yoichi's sales. o:
Reborn always outsells Gintama. The big competition will always be between Reborn and D. Gray Man; both have nearly identical sales, D. Gray Man usually maintains a slight edge.
D.Gray-man has had the edge recently, but Volume 25 of Reborn looks like it will pass Volume 18 of D.Gray-man next week (428,000). So the tables may have turned for right now.
Volume 18 didn't do quite as well as normal. Maybe because it didn't focus on any of the main characters, until the very end.
7/13 - 7/19:
1. Hayate the Combat Butler volume 20 (160,108)(Shonen Sunday)
2. Cross Game volume 15 (106,249)(Shonen Sunday)
3. Fairy Tail volume 16 (101,480)(Weekly Shonen Magazine)
4. Azumanga Daioh 2 - Nensei new edition (79,812)(Shogakukan)
5. Strongest Disciple Kenichi volume 34 (75,959)(Shonen Sunday)
6. Zettai Karren Children volume 17 (71,091)(Shonen Sunday)
7. Sakura Hime - Kaden volume 2 (58,509)(Ribon)(shojo)
8. Gakuen Alice volume 19 (57,917)(Hana to Yume)(shojo)
9. Kami no Mizo Shiru Sekai volume 5 (56,837)(Shonen Sunday)
10. Angel Heart volume volume 30 (54,576/166415)(Comic Bunch)(seinen)
11. Good Morning Kiss volume 4 (54,251)(Cookie)(shojo)
12. Papillon - Hana to Chou volume 8 (47,221)(Betsufure)(shojo)
13. Pride volume 11 (45,811)(Chorus)(josei)
14. Ocha ni Gosu volume 9 (45,212)(Shonen Shunday)
15. Katekyo Hitman Reborn volume 25 (42,072/456,738)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
16. Gintama volume 29 (41,145/384,247)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
17. Gekou Jourei volume 5 (40,103)(Shonen Sunday)
18. Pluto volume 8 (35,695/473,311)(Big Comic Original)(seinen)
19. Saijou no Mei volume 6 (33,029)(Shonen Sunday)
20. Hish Score volume 8 (31,089)(Ribon)(shojo)
21. Kuroshitsuji volume 7 (29,951/520,761)(GFantasy)
22. Kiss and Never Cry volume 6 (28,846)(Kiss)(Josei)
23. Kare was Tomodachi volume 5 (28,584)(Betsufure)(shojo)
24. Natsume Yuujin - Chou volume 8 (26,100/245,142)(LaLa)(shojo)
25. Fairy Tail volume 16 Limited Edition (25,906)(Weekly Shonen Magazine)
26. Godhand Teru volume 47 (25,126)(Weekly Shonen Magazine)
27. Hana to Akuma volume 5 (25,037)(Hana to Yume)(shojo)
28. Kodomo no Jikan volume 7 (23,955/53,219)(Comic High)(seinen)
29. Hanma Baki - Son of Ogre volume 19 (23,195/97,337)(Weekly Shonen Champion)
30. Majo wa Nido Aegu volume 1 (23,164/40,803)(Petit Comic)(josei)
Last edited by Kaiten; July 27, 2009 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Not a very high selling week it would appear.
None of the big titles (500,000 plus selling) came out this week or last week, so sales were pushed down. In general, the third and fourth week of the month are dominated by Shonen Sunday and ShoMag, so they tend to be lower in sales.
Shonen Sunday all over the top 10. I enjoy each of the series they have there although they get dwarfed by WSJ series. Although most get titles get dwarfed by WSJ lol.
I wonder if Reborn's 25th volume will manage to break 500K or if it will drop off next week.
It will break 500,000 by the time volume 26 comes out. D. Gray Man 18, Reborn 25, and Gintama 29 all sold a little under average for some reason. DGM I can understand, the main characters weren't the focus, the other two I'm not so sure about
Kuroshitsuji's that popular? I mean, I know the anime helped the sales, but still, I don't know GFantasy has a large circulation.
When is the ranking for 20-26 coming out?