Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New rankings are always on Wednesday. I was a bit late this week
Kuroshitsuji is consistently one of the most popular manga, generally selling 500 - 600,000 copies per volume. Nana and Nodame Cantobile both sell more then a million copies per volume from magazines with, at best, moderate circulation. St. Young Men sells about the same as Kuroshitsuji from a far lower circulation magazine. It's not that unusual for a magazine with 100 - 200,000 (or less) readers to produce a hit. It's not like magazines and anime are the only way to expose an audience to a series.
Sales are kinda low because about every Jump series comes out next week. Except Gintama and One Piece.
On time this time
Manga rankings 7/20 - 7/26:
1. Moyashimon volume 8 (194,146)(Evening)(seinen)
2. Hayate the Combat Butler volume 20 (112,193/272,301)(Shonen Sunday)
3. Cross Game volume 15 (102,200/208,449)(Shonen Sunday)
4. Fairy Tail volume 16 (93,159/194,639)(Weekly Shonen Magazine)
5. the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya volume 9 (88,092)(Shonen Ace)
6. Giant Killing volume 11 (84,448)(Morning)(seinen)
7. Saki volume 6 (83,430)(Young Gangan)(seinen)
8. the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - chan volume 3 (76,794)(Shonen Ace)
9. Ah Megami - sama volume 39 (74,711)(Afternoon)(seinen)
10. Otomen volume 8 (63,039)(BetsuHana)(shojo)
11. Keroro Gunsou volume 19 (60,562)(Shonen Ace)
12. Pride volume 11 (59,876/105,687)(Chorus)(josei)
13. Gakuen Alice volume 19 (57,639/115,556)(Hana to Yume)(shojo)
14. Strongest Disciple Kenichi volume 34 (55,670/131,629)(Shonen Sunday)
15. Azumanga Daioh 2 Nensei New Edition (50,435/130,247)(Shogakukan)
16. Zettai Karen Children volume 17 (46,672/117,763)(Shonen Sunday)
17. Saiyuki Gaiden volume 4 (46,348)(Ward)(josei)
18. Initial D volume 39 (45,991)(Young Magazine)(seinen)
19. Kyoku Yawaku volume 10 (44,847)(Cookie)(shojo)
20. Ocha ni Gosu volume 9 (41,839/87,051)(Shonen Sunday)
21. Aozora Yell volume 3 (39,393)(Betsuma)(shojo)
22. Shikabane Hime volume 11 (37,045)(Shonen Gangan)
23. Hyouge Mono volume 9 (33,802)(Morning)(seinen)
24. Kami no Mizo Shiru Sekai volume 5 (33,269/90,106)(Shonen Sunday)
25. Gekkou Jourei volume 5 (32,385/72,488)(Shonen Sunday)
26. Moyashimon Oyako de Tanoshimu volume 8 (31,978)(Evening)(seinen)
27. Good Morning Kiss volume 4 (31,302/85,553)(Cookie)(shojo)
28. Cooking Papa volume 105 (30,084)(Morning)(seinen)
29. Katekyo Hitman Reborn! volume 25 (29,137/485,875)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
30. Gintama volume 29 (28,462/412,709)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
Ah, Reborn almost made it. XD
Hayate seems in position to break 300K.
That is a pretty good start for Saki. I'll have to look around and see if anyone is working on it since I've been curious about it for a while.
Anyone know the difference between the two Haruhi manga on this listing?
The one ranked fifth is the real series. The one ranked eighth (Haruhi Suzumiya - chan) is a 4koma with chibi versions of the S.O.S. Brigade. The good people at Null are currently releasing Saki.
I'm a little surprised by Moyashimon. I knew it was popular, almost 200,000 in a week a popular, I had no idea.
Comic Rankings 7/27 - 8/2
1. Pandora Hearts volume 9 (119,155)(GFantasy)
2. Moyashimon volume 9 (107,679/301825)(Evening)(seinen)
3. Saki volume 6 (94,426/177,856)(Young Gangan)(seinen)
4. Saiyuki Gaiden volume 4 (89,565/135,913)(Ward)(josei)
5. Ginslinger Girl volume 11 (73,039)(Dengeki Daioh)(seinen)
6. Otomen volume 8 (69,086/132,125)(BetsuHana)(shojo)
7. Initial D volume 39 (52,820/98,811)(Young Magazine)(seinen)
8. Keroro Gunsou volume 19 (51,644/112,206)(Shonen Ace)
9. Aozora Yell volume 3 (47,830/87,223)(Betsuma)(shojo)
10. Kyoku Yawaku volume 10 (45,407/90,254)(Cookie)(shojo)
11. the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya volume 9 (45,015/133,107)(Shonen Ace)
12. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - chan volume 3 (42,917/119,711)(Shonen Ace)
13. Oukami to Koshinryo (Spice and Wolf) volume 3 (40,272)(Dengeki Maoh)(seinen)
14. Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi - Onodera Ritsu no Baai volume 2 (36,276)(Riel)(yaoi)
15. Ah Megami - sama volume 39 (35,188/109,899)(Afternoon)(seinen)
16. Giant Killing volume 11 (34,343/118,791)(Morning/seinen)
17. Futari Ecchi volume 43 (34,035)(Young Animal)(seinen)
18. MOON - Subaru Solitude Standing volume (33,572)(Big Comic Spirits)(seinen)
19. Hayate no Gotuko volume 20 (33,232/305,533)(Shonen Sunday)
20. Cross Game volume 15 (32,704/225,395)(Shonen Sunday)
21. Fairy Tail volume 16 (30,756/225,395)(Shonen Magazine)
22. Ze volume 8 (29,223)(Dear+)(yaoi)
23. Pride volume 11 (25,707/131,394)(Chorus)(josei)
24. Cuticle Tantei Inaba volume 4 (23,179)(GFantasy)
25. Kurokami volume 12 (23,086/37,761)(Young Gangan)(seinen)
26. Sweet Mission volume 9 (23,002/45,160)(Deluxe Margaret)(shojo)
27. One Piece Soushuu - hen the 14th Log (22,948)
28. Last Inning volume 22 (22,763)(Big Comic Spirits)(seinen)
29. One Piece volume 54 (22,706/1,739,762)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
30. Gintama volume 29 (19,631/432,340)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
Ho hum week. Pandora Hearts makes the leap from niche series to hit.
Last edited by Kaiten; August 05, 2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Well, having an anime airing will do that for you. It seems like the release of the new log gave One Piece a nice sales boost, too. That volume has been out for a while now.
Hayate and Cross Game are still behind their previous volumes, but they're doing a good job picking up sales.
Not all anime are equal. It says a lot about Pandora Hearts that it gave such a big bump. Especially considering the anime industry is hemorrhaging money.
well, Pandora Hearts anime is popular and praise for it's story and art so I'm not that surprise, same thing happened to Kuroshitsuji, even bigger for Kuroshitsuji, pushing from 200k-300k to 500k - 600k.
Can't wait for next week ranking, I hope Toriko and Mago break 100k from first week. I expect big things from those two, I hope the anime can push the sales to 300k-400k.
Suki Desu Suzuki-kun!!? thats sick...
Comic Rankings 8/3 - 8/9
1. Naruto volume 47 (783,827)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
2. BLEACH volume 40 (589,661)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
3. Bakuman volume 4 (242,745)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
4. Shin Prince of Tennis volume 1 (223,834)(Jump Square)
5. Eyeshield 21 volume 36 (165,014)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
6. Toriko volume 5 (139,650)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
7. To LOVE Ru volume 15 (129,490)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
8. Nurarihyon no mago volume 6 (126,714)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
9. Monster Hunter Orage volume 4 (125,381)(Shounen Rival)
10. Majintantei Nougami Neuro volume 23 (85,874)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
11. SKET DANCE volume 9 (75,818)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
12. La Corda d'Oro volume 13 (70,874)(LaLa)
13. Kochikame volume 165 (67,601)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
14. Sengoku Tenshō-ki volume 6 (63,008)(weekly Young Magazine)
15. Chotto Edo Made volume 2 (61,001)(LaLa)
16. PSYREN volume 7 (59,693)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
17. Embalming-THE ANOTHER TALE OF FRANKENSTEIN volume 3 (58,118)(Jump Square)
18. The Ghost Hunt volume 11 (44,359)(Nakayoushi)
19. Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi - Onodera Ritsu no Baai volume 2 (43,925/80,201)(Riel)
20. Moyashimon volume 8 (43,607/345,432)(Evening)
21. Two Flowers of the Dragon volume 7 (32,366)(LaLa)
22. Saiyuki Gaiden volume 4 (32,058/167,971)(Ward)
23. Otomen volume 8 (31,691/163,816)(BetsuHana)
24. Pandora Hearts volume 9 (28,324/147,519)(GFantasy)
25. Ohsama no Shitateya ~Sarto Finito~ volume 23 (27,354)(Super Jump)
26. The Legend of Koizumi volume 2 (27,083)(Kindai Maajan Original)
27. Hoshi Mamoru Inu volume 7 (26,085/55,179)
28. Initial D volume 39 (24,842/123,653)(Weekly Young Magazine)
29. To LOVE Ru -Trouble- #15 Anime DVD Bundle (24,648/36,332)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
30. Hikaru no Go <complete edition> volume 11 (24368/25918)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
I hope you don't mind Kaiten, edit this post if you want to.
Mago almost sold as much as To Love. With sells like that, it will hopefully stick around for a long time
A really good week. Although, I'm baffled with Shin POT's sales. It is of lesser quality than the original POT. The fanbase still strong I guess. I'm very saddened by Eyeshield, it usually break the 200k in the first week. Ever since the Teikoku arc, it couldn't. It's this faltering sales that caused it to get canned.
Mago's profile will increased with the drama CD and Fukuyama Jun attached.
I'm glad that New Prince of Tennis got off to a strong start sales wise. I hope it continues to be successful so the series can keep going for a long time.
Neuro also saw a sales increase for the final volume.
Those bundle edition are pure bullshit. Tora's only advantage because it has an anime. If it didn't, it would lose to Mago and Toriko