Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

It is for me. The official counting include the bundle but I don't. To each his own.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koshi_Inaba View Post
    It is for me. The official counting include the bundle but I don't. To each his own.
    You're free to do that, just as I'm free to pretend that Bleach sold 0 copies of its latest volume. It doesn't make it true, but if that's what you want, fine.

But you have to acknowledge that your view of the situation and the truth are out of sync.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That To LOVE ru DVD bundle was ¥3,570 so it made more money. But in defense for Toriko that DVD bundle was out the previous week so make your assumptions.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But Toriko sold MORE than TO-Love-ru this time. I dunno what you guys are saying...
    Which I think is a little better than than any previous first-weeks. Yeah, usually took two weeks to get to 140,000. And it's certainly never been in 6th place before.
    If you're counting all-time, To-Love-ru has been around for like 3 years longer than Toriko, so naturally if you combine its tankoubon sales it'll have more...

Plus now Toriko is getting an anime, too. Or a version at the Jump Anime Tour, at least.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason why I don't count the bundle is because it's another unfair case of a manga having anime adaptation vs. a manga that don't have one. That's why I don't give a shit about the bundle edition. I could give a fuck about the official counting. Mago and Toriko only has regular edition so I'm only judging the situation from that. 40,000 copies for them to catch up with tora is easy once the anime for Toriko show up in Jump Festa and Mago Drama CD being released on December. Oh, and keep in mind that i hate ToRa with a passion.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koshi_Inaba View Post
    A really good week. Although, I'm baffled with Shin POT's sales. It is of lesser quality than the original POT. The fanbase still strong I guess. I'm very saddened by Eyeshield, it usually break the 200k in the first week. Ever since the Teikoku arc, it couldn't. It's this faltering sales that caused it to get canned.
    No. It... ended. See, people always think that when a series ends, it's because executives canceled it. But that's not true. Sometimes a story just winds to a close, and the story that Inagaki had written reached its end with the Christmas Bowl. And was then extended to the American arc, but my point is that Eyeshield ended because the authors had finished telling their story, not because Shueisha canceled it.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reminding me. I forgot, it didn't get canned, I got it mixed with Shaman King. Albeit you have to admit, the American arc is kinda rushed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post
    But Toriko sold MORE than TO-Love-ru this time. I dunno what you guys are saying...
    Which I think is a little better than than any previous first-weeks. Yeah, usually took two weeks to get to 140,000. And it's certainly never been in 6th place before.
    If you're counting all-time, To-Love-ru has been around for like 3 years longer than Toriko, so naturally if you combine its tankoubon sales it'll have more...

Plus now Toriko is getting an anime, too. Or a version at the Jump Anime Tour, at least.
    No, what we're talking about is that there were two different editions for the new volume of To-Love-Ru. The regular edition, and the bundle which included the DVD. Toriko narrowly outsold the regular edition, but combining the sales of the bundle, To-Love-Ru outsold it by a fair amount.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The limited edition of ToRa is tracked separately. While overall ToRa sold more copies then Toriko this will probably be the last time. If the next volume does not have a DVD edition both Toriko and Mago will have passed it. Even with, maybe both will be ahead in three months. Eyeshield has not broken 200,000 copies in one week for as long as I care to look back, November of 2008. This volume sold exactly as well as any other volume.

Very happy with this week. I love that Toriko and Mago continue to solidify themselves.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also like Toriko and Mago's increase in sales. To Love Ru has an anime which is true but Both Toriko and Mago look to be in the position where they will eclipse it before their proper anime even air.

I can't say the same about liking Shin PoT sales though since it feels vastly inferior to me so far. Especially compared to how the first series started off.

It also looks like Embalming has risen a bit as well. I'm happy for it and hope it continues to increase in sales. It would be nice if it charts next week too.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought one piece was very popular in japan.

"The man who is at the peak of his success, and the man who has just failed are in exactly the same position. Each must decide what he will do next."

Jigoro Kano

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One piece is the most popular. It easily sells over 1,500,000 volumes every time a new volume comes out but no volume was released this month.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nassass's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

And the reson:
    The most popular manga for men aged 10-50, broken down by age group:

Lesson 219. "People who say "I'm really getting angry" are in fact not angry at all."

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

but in the ranking of 6th august, one piece was on 29th place.
    29. One Piece volume 54 (22,706/1,739,762)(Weekly Shonen Jump)

how comes?

"The man who is at the peak of his success, and the man who has just failed are in exactly the same position. Each must decide what he will do next."

Jigoro Kano

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belisar View Post
    but in the ranking of 6th august, one piece was on 29th place.
    29. One Piece volume 54 (22,706/1,739,762)(Weekly Shonen Jump)

how comes?
    Because that volume had been released on June 4th. You did see that it had sold over 1,700,000 copies, right? The fact that it made it back onto the list is itself rather shocking. As it was, it was on the list for all of June. And maybe the first few days of July, I'm not sure, but certainly for almost all of June.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

New Reply
Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast