Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 75 of 124 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1859

Thread: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

  1. #1111
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    Haven't we established already that irregular serialization does not hurt sales? Berserk has always taken hiatus, from the very beginning. From the start they have only ever released one or two volumes a year. Three to four volumes per year is more typical for a regularly serialized bi-weekly manga. Hunter x Hunter sells over a million copies per volume, despite Togashi taking a year off between serializations.

  2. #1112
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 101nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by meeedoooz View Post
    this volume doesn't look like it would reach 600K, i really really hope i'm wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by meeedoooz View Post
    yeah but it's sales keep declining ( compared to last year )

    i hoped the new arc would change that seeing as it ranks somewhat better so that means fans like it more than the last one. but it looks like for some reason they aren't willing to buy the volumes

    Nope. Don't worry. Bleach sales decreased from the 850k it used to attain because of 2 reasons
    1. Anime stopped.
    There are always a group of people who watch anime and then buy volumes if they like the anime. So when there is no longer an anime what do they watch? Nothing. Hence Bleach lost those sales.
    2. Fullbring arc.
    The arc was the worst arc in the series. People were hoping the series would answer a lot of questions but it just confused them more and people stopped following bleach then. But once things have been explained, these people will slowly return

    Now for the sales that you think is constantly decreasing. It isn't. It decreased from the "God is Dead" volume to the Fullbring arc. The sales never went below that off the fullbring arc. Every volume that releases now reaches just below 700k which is quite a good amount given the fact that Bleach gets hardly any promotion from Jump and there isn't an anime supporting it.

    Bleach will increase. The rankings have improved considerably and the last 3 months saw Bleach enter the top 5 thrice. 2 Toc's ago, it was even 2nd. It's average rank would be about 8th which is a big improvement from where it was in the fullbring arc. Sales will increase. It would just need time. The lack of an anime will affect it's sales but once Bleach improves again, it's anime might also comeback. So don't worry.
    We are the fortunate ones
    Who've never faced oppression's gun
    We are the fortunate ones
    Imitations of REBELLION

    Linkin Park - The Hunting Party

  3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #1113
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Haven't we established already that irregular serialization does not hurt sales? Berserk has always taken hiatus, from the very beginning. From the start they have only ever released one or two volumes a year. Three to four volumes per year is more typical for a regularly serialized bi-weekly manga. Hunter x Hunter sells over a million copies per volume, despite Togashi taking a year off between serializations.
    From the beginning it was actually closer to 2-3 volumes a year, but I'm being nitpicky there. It doesn't change your point though, as Berserk was never really in Young Animal twice a month on a regular basis. Now it's a volume a year if we're lucky, as volume 36 came out in 2011.

  5. #1114
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Albania
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by 101nemesis View Post
    Nope. Don't worry. Bleach sales decreased from the 850k it used to attain because of 2 reasons
    1. Anime stopped.
    There are always a group of people who watch anime and then buy volumes if they like the anime. So when there is no longer an anime what do they watch? Nothing. Hence Bleach lost those sales.
    2. Fullbring arc.
    The arc was the worst arc in the series. People were hoping the series would answer a lot of questions but it just confused them more and people stopped following bleach then. But once things have been explained, these people will slowly return

    Now for the sales that you think is constantly decreasing. It isn't. It decreased from the "God is Dead" volume to the Fullbring arc. The sales never went below that off the fullbring arc. Every volume that releases now reaches just below 700k which is quite a good amount given the fact that Bleach gets hardly any promotion from Jump and there isn't an anime supporting it.

    Bleach will increase. The rankings have improved considerably and the last 3 months saw Bleach enter the top 5 thrice. 2 Toc's ago, it was even 2nd. It's average rank would be about 8th which is a big improvement from where it was in the fullbring arc. Sales will increase. It would just need time. The lack of an anime will affect it's sales but once Bleach improves again, it's anime might also comeback. So don't worry.
    Are you sure about this? Judging by how Bleach usually drops out of the Top 50 list in Oricon in 2 or 3 weeks I think each volume actually sells ~600k now. That would make current volumes sell less than some of them in the Fullbring arc. I think the end of the anime has a role to play in this because I don't see how else some volumes in the Fullbring arc would have sold more than some in this arc.

  6. #1115
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Slovenia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    Berserk is still a very popular franchise, with the movies and all.

  7. #1116
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 101nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by DraMas26 View Post
    Are you sure about this? Judging by how Bleach usually drops out of the Top 50 list in Oricon in 2 or 3 weeks I think each volume actually sells ~600k now. That would make current volumes sell less than some of them in the Fullbring arc. I think the end of the anime has a role to play in this because I don't see how else some volumes in the Fullbring arc would have sold more than some in this arc.
    Yup. Even in the fullbring arc, the volumes used to leave the list in the 3rd week with about 520-560k shown as sales.
    Here is an example.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...december-19-25
    This above link is for a volume from the fullbring arc. The volume where Ichigo gets his shinigami powers back I believe. The 3rd week, it's 42nd in the list and the total sales is about 520k. This volume sold 650k.
    The latest volume 58 sold 535k by its 3rd week and was ranked 26th.
    By this comparison, it's obvious that the sales are the same. The only reason Bleach was out of the top 50 was because of a lot of series that debuted that week. I expect this volume to sell between 650k-680k.

    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...g-august-22-28
    An even earlier volume in the fullbring arc. It sold about 560k by its 3rd week and then was out by the next week. This volume sold 680k.

    The new volumes are selling within the range of the fullbring volumes.

    And Yes, the end of the anime does have its influence. That's what I even said in the previous comment. There are a group of people who'd watch the anime and then buy the volumes if they like it. There are various types of consumers and that is one type. That is why most of the times every series double their sales when the anime initially starts. After the anime ends, a portion will still follow the series via the manga but there are those that rather watch stuff and therefore won't follow the series. It's why, Bleach's sales didn't go below 500k since a portion of the anime fans still buy the volumes and follow the manga. But if the other portion also returns, then Bleach would get back it's sales figures.

    It's just a matter of time when people slowly return. Jump needs to give Bleach some Covers this year. They are too busy promoting series like Toriko that don't seem to be increasing their sales rather than promoting the final arc of an existing giant. It's a bad move. I personally feel that the only reason Bleach doesn't do well in the ranking is because half of the followers don't probably follow Jump anymore. So the number of people who'd vote for Bleach is low. Thing is, low ranking gives people the impression that its no longer good and stops them from wanting to follow the series.
    Last edited by 101nemesis; April 07, 2013 at 08:38 AM.
    We are the fortunate ones
    Who've never faced oppression's gun
    We are the fortunate ones
    Imitations of REBELLION

    Linkin Park - The Hunting Party

  8. #1117
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    actually i can't understand these anime-managa buyers at all. why should i buy the manga of an anime i already watched and not follow it after it ends? doesn't make sense to me. i in my common sense would stop the moment it gets boring, but maybe its more of a trend/hype thing like idols and so on, who hit the peak and then breakdown to nothing with just the hardcore fanbase.

  9. #1118
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    No, it's more a matter of your opinion, not a "trend/hype thing". Please don't confuse the two. People like seeing books the read adapted into movies, same goes for manga and anime. In many cases readers are first introduced to a manga by the anime. That is why sales jump for some series. They watch the anime, then want to go read the original. The bookstore increases the size of their order to meet demand. Anime frequently make changes and omissions to the original story, no different than when a novel is adapted to a movie. For that reason people also like to read the original. Manga and anime are different medium that satisfy different entertainment needs. Many people like to read both.

    Online fans have a tendency to vastly overrate manga magazines. Given the nature of scanlations, that is only natural. Japanese fans are not as likely to buy multiple magazines per week or month. Most actually do not read magazines at all. Circulation has been in free fall for almost twenty years. Even Jump only sells half the magazines now compared to circulation in the mid-1990's. Tankobon is the primary format in Japan, and how most fans read manga. Many are not exposed to new manga by following the magazine. Kuroko fans (for example) were not drawn in by something as ephemeral as "the hype". Rather than so rudely (and it is extremely rude) dismiss people's taste as a matter of hype and trends, assume that the anime's popularity exposed them to the original title. Enjoying the anime motivated them to seek out the original, which they otherwise would not have been introduced to. It might not be "hype" or a "trend". People might actually enjoy these series.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #1119
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 101nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    No, it's more a matter of your opinion, not a "trend/hype thing". Please don't confuse the two. People like seeing books the read adapted into movies, same goes for manga and anime. In many cases readers are first introduced to a manga by the anime. That is why sales jump for some series. They watch the anime, then want to go read the original. The bookstore increases the size of their order to meet demand. Anime frequently make changes and omissions to the original story, no different than when a novel is adapted to a movie. For that reason people also like to read the original. Manga and anime are different medium that satisfy different entertainment needs. Many people like to read both.

    Online fans have a tendency to vastly overrate manga magazines. Given the nature of scanlations, that is only natural. Japanese fans are not as likely to buy multiple magazines per week or month. Most actually do not read magazines at all. Circulation has been in free fall for almost twenty years. Even Jump only sells half the magazines now compared to circulation in the mid-1990's. Tankobon is the primary format in Japan, and how most fans read manga. Many are not exposed to new manga by following the magazine. Kuroko fans (for example) were not drawn in by something as ephemeral as "the hype". Rather than so rudely (and it is extremely rude) dismiss people's taste as a matter of hype and trends, assume that the anime's popularity exposed them to the original title. Enjoying the anime motivated them to seek out the original, which they otherwise would not have been introduced to. It might not be "hype" or a "trend". People might actually enjoy these series.
    I agree to what you said to a certain extent. But like in any field, there will always be a group of people who would take up something ONLY because it is popular and don't wanna be left out. It's there in any forms of entertainment. Music for example, people who don't like techno songs still listen to them and act like they like it because its the new "trend". This world isn't just about likes and dislikes. Especially with teens who are below 18. They don't have the maturity to think for themselves and realize that people have different tastes. So people who like other things would be left out. We've all been there or done that at one point. In the early 2000s, everyone listened to Linkin Park and crazed about them while I never did. It's not because the music was impressive, no, it was because Linkin Park were the "popular" artists then. On a side note, I listen to them now and consider them my favorite band because their music now is actually much better than before. It's the same with clothes. Why do guys wear skinny jeans even though it makes them look absolutely girly? Because it's the "popular" trend. (Apologies if anyone who reads this wears skinny jeans :P). They may like it later on which is fine but the point is, most try these things out because of the "popular" tagline it gets.

    Likewise, even for a series in Japan, a portion of the viewers/readers would be a group of people who do it solely because that series is "popular". I ain't saying that the series that sells alot is ONLY because of this reason. No. It's not true. Like I said, I'm quite sure they like the series now but it is quite possible that the one of the reasons they picked it up in the 1st place is because of what I said above.
    We are the fortunate ones
    Who've never faced oppression's gun
    We are the fortunate ones
    Imitations of REBELLION

    Linkin Park - The Hunting Party

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #1120
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    One Piece, the best selling manga in history, typically sells about 3million copies per volume. Japan has a population of about 130million people. That is a ratio of 3 books for every 130 people, 2.3% of the population. Tell me, how much of that miniscule number is hype, and how many are genuine fans? Hype can be assumed in all human endeavors, people always will follow trends. There is no point having to qualifying this discussion based on something that can not be quantified, measured, or accurately judged. And referring to the popularity of something as a "hype/trend" is incredibly disrespectful to fans, many of whom genuinely do enjoy it.

    And how do you even begin to judge hype from our perspective? Pop culture requires immersion. How heavily advertised is it, how omnipresent, how inescapable? These are things that can not be discerned from sales figures. These type of things certainly can not be understood by logic alone, some first hand knowledge is essential. The only guarantee is that "the hype" changes based on every series. "Hype" is not some omnipresent, all encompassing beast that the internet likes to make it out to be.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 07, 2013 at 10:11 AM.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #1121
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Albania
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by 101nemesis View Post
    Yup. Even in the fullbring arc, the volumes used to leave the list in the 3rd week with about 520-560k shown as sales.
    Here is an example.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...december-19-25
    This above link is for a volume from the fullbring arc. The volume where Ichigo gets his shinigami powers back I believe. The 3rd week, it's 42nd in the list and the total sales is about 520k. This volume sold 650k.
    The latest volume 58 sold 535k by its 3rd week and was ranked 26th.
    By this comparison, it's obvious that the sales are the same. The only reason Bleach was out of the top 50 was because of a lot of series that debuted that week. I expect this volume to sell between 650k-680k.

    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...g-august-22-28
    An even earlier volume in the fullbring arc. It sold about 560k by its 3rd week and then was out by the next week. This volume sold 680k.

    The new volumes are selling within the range of the fullbring volumes.

    And Yes, the end of the anime does have its influence. That's what I even said in the previous comment. There are a group of people who'd watch the anime and then buy the volumes if they like it. There are various types of consumers and that is one type. That is why most of the times every series double their sales when the anime initially starts. After the anime ends, a portion will still follow the series via the manga but there are those that rather watch stuff and therefore won't follow the series. It's why, Bleach's sales didn't go below 500k since a portion of the anime fans still buy the volumes and follow the manga. But if the other portion also returns, then Bleach would get back it's sales figures.

    It's just a matter of time when people slowly return. Jump needs to give Bleach some Covers this year. They are too busy promoting series like Toriko that don't seem to be increasing their sales rather than promoting the final arc of an existing giant. It's a bad move. I personally feel that the only reason Bleach doesn't do well in the ranking is because half of the followers don't probably follow Jump anymore. So the number of people who'd vote for Bleach is low. Thing is, low ranking gives people the impression that its no longer good and stops them from wanting to follow the series.
    Those were when the anime were around so it isn't theb est example. Let's just wait and see.
    Last edited by DraMas26; April 08, 2013 at 02:53 AM.

  16. #1122
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 101nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    One Piece, the best selling manga in history, typically sells about 3million copies per volume. Japan has a population of about 130million people. That is a ratio of 3 books for every 130 people, 2.3% of the population. Tell me, how much of that miniscule number is hype, and how many are genuine fans? Hype can be assumed in all human endeavors, people always will follow trends. There is no point having to qualifying this discussion based on something that can not be quantified, measured, or accurately judged. And referring to the popularity of something as a "hype/trend" is incredibly disrespectful to fans, many of whom genuinely do enjoy it.

    And how do you even begin to judge hype from our perspective? Pop culture requires immersion. How heavily advertised is it, how omnipresent, how inescapable? These are things that can not be discerned from sales figures. These type of things certainly can not be understood by logic alone, some first hand knowledge is essential. The only guarantee is that "the hype" changes based on every series. "Hype" is not some omnipresent, all encompassing beast that the internet likes to make it out to be.
    Huh? I never said everyone starts off like that and I never intended to insult anyone by stating that. One Piece is popular because it is good. No doubt. But no matter what you say there will always be a "portion" of readers who started reading it only because it was popular.

    Why did Gangnam style become so popular? In July last year, it had 30 million views and by this year Jan it had 1 billion views. It's not that it was "popular". You'd say it was the hype generated by the song that lead it to become so famous. Hype cannot be measured numerically but it can always be understood if something is over-hyped or over-promoted.

    For example, Take JUMP itself. Hype in JUMP can be understood from the Covers a series would get and CP's. It also means popularity. But that is not completely true. Sometimes JUMP promotes a series just to generate interest and making people believe the series deserves the promotion it gets. It's why Covers and CP's are important in JUMP as it signifies what is "popular" and what JUMP thinks deserves the hype. Why did Shokugeki no Soma get 3 back to back CPs? If you were reading the magazine and was never really interested in it, wouldn't you wanna know what is so good about it that it has 3 CP's back to back? It's called generating "hype". Making people to want to try something out.

    Notice the promotion Toriko gets. From the recent Issue #1 to about a month ago, it had the most promotion after One Piece. Despite this, it never sells more than 400k per volume even though it is with an anime that gets a rating of about 6.0. Still, it is hyped even more than Kuroko, which sells same as Bleach which is almost double the amount of Toriko, and gets more Covers and Lead CPs. THAT is called overhyped. They still expect it to be become the next big thing but it hasn't even increased a bit since last year inspite of all the promotion it gets. They try to generate hype over time and get people to read it eventually. So far it hasn't worked out at all but with the number of Covers it gets, its obvious that JUMP is trying to promote it with an intention to generate interest eventually. It's like AD's on TV where constant repetition is the goal so that it eventually gets to people.

    Assassination Classroom was NOT given much Covers and CP's until the past month. It was unquestionably popular since day one but up until Feburary, it had just ONE cover inspite of selling well with the 1st 2 volumes. Why was that? The magazine never hyped it up. Whatever AC sold in the 1st 2 volumes was solely because of it's own merit. Once the 3rd volume was released, the series got 2 covers within a span of 5 issues. The series was popular since the beginning but it now generates hype along with it. It's why the 1st 2 volumes returned to the list past month along with the 3rd volume. It's also why the 1st volume still remains in the list while the 2nd volume is out. It shows that people are trying it out because of the buzz that was generated. If those people actually liked the series they'd buy the other volumes also. Why is it that the highest selling volume of a manga or one of the highest selling volume of a manga is always the 1st volume? Because of the hype that is generated and people try out the series via the 1st volume. I ain't saying that people ain't liking the series now. There are those who liked it and that was why the 2nd volume was also again in the list for sometime. But notice how the 2nd volume fell faster than the 1st? It shows that there are readers who took up the series and did not like it and therefore did not go for the 2nd volume. Why did they pick it up? Because of the hype it generated recently.

    It isn't so hard too get an idea of how big something is hyped if you just observe. It's not a measurable thing but it is something that can be easily observed if you go through patterns. I did not mean to insult people who like certain series. If they like it genuinely then they DO like it genuinely. But that does not cover up the fact that there will always be a good portion of people who takes up something ONLY because it is popular. They may or may not like it after that. But it is an undeniable fact.
    Last edited by 101nemesis; April 08, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
    We are the fortunate ones
    Who've never faced oppression's gun
    We are the fortunate ones
    Imitations of REBELLION

    Linkin Park - The Hunting Party

  17. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #1123
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Heiji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    France
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    Top 01-15 Oricon (1st to 7 april) :
    http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/...u-1-au-7-avril

    16-50 :
    16 One Piece #69 52,671 / 2,802,957
    17 Sakamaoto Desuga? #01 36,874 / 392,916
    18 Lovely Love Lie (Kanojo ha Uso wo Aishisugiteru) #11 36,534 / 124,269
    19 Kobayashi ga Kawaisugite Tsuraii!! #02 36,305 / 137,067
    20 Kurogane #08 (End) 32,774 / 32,774
    21 Kochi Kame #185 32,089 / 32,089
    22 Kagerô Days #02 31,826 / 98,944
    23 Sengoku Itôki #03 28,95 / 28,95
    24 Gantz #36 26,11 / 231,983
    25 Ansatsu Kyôshitsu #03 26,082 / 561,831
    26 Psychometrer #08 25,699 / 25,699
    27 Blood Lad #08 23,373 / 23,373
    28 Aozora Yell #12 22,441 / 89,097
    29 Principal #06 21,98 / 87,63
    30 Billy Bat #11 21,928 / 149,928
    31 Barakamon #07 20,745 / 159,152
    32 Skip Beat #32 20,518 / 279,929
    33 Drifters #03 19,891 / 340,821
    34 Nameko de Wakaru Meisaku Bungaku #02 19,859 / 29,026
    35 Kaze Densetsu Bukkomi no Taku (Nouvelle Edition) #26 19,688 / 19,688
    36 Pokemon Special #44 19,525 / 49,522
    37 Mix #02 19,348 / 345,12
    38 Les Petites fraises (Ichigo Mashimaro) #07 18,935 / 80,69
    39 Sekirei #14 18,655 / 105,63
    40 Nana Maru San Batsu -7O3X- #05 18,571 / 18,571
    41 Yondemasu yo, Azazeru-san #09 18,038 / 94,5
    42 Chihayafuru #20 17,915 / 368,683
    43 Ansatsu Kyôshitsu #01 17,654 / 770,618
    44 Ansatsu Kyôshitsu #02 17,458 / 666,475
    45 Yotsuba to! #12 17,418 / 634,141
    46 Magi #16 17,216 / 479,381
    47 Inazuma Eleven Go Anthologie! 16,199 / 16,199
    48 Uchi no Pochi no Iu Koto ni ha #06 15,869 / 15,869
    49 Dream Team (Ahiru no Sora) #37 15,458 / 282,176
    50 Last Inning #37 15,433 / 30,915
    Last edited by Heiji; April 10, 2013 at 03:22 PM.

  19. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
  20. #1124
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    Medaka, Berserk and Sket in top. lol

  21. #1125
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Makai
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

    You should also take into account the long term sales over the yearly periods. Both Toriko and Gintama do better than Bleach does. For the past two years at least. Bleach's volumes sell really well but only the new ones. Toriko certainly does do really well in the grand scheme of things. It's probably pushed more because it can sell a lot of products like games and such. Especially with Naruto and Bleach ending soon. It's finally getting it's first full-length movie this year. And Antsatsu Kyoushitsu did apparently get a lot of advertising in Japan. Even when it was first starting, I remember people posting pictures of big billboard sorta signs and such.

    I think you're certainly right about hype though. Ads and such are done to spur on forward momentum. As mentioned OP didn't become the ultra-phenomenon it is until Strong World came out. People enjoy a kind of media, just in general, often because their friends are reading it and they can relate to and talk about it with people. It makes enjoying it more fun. Word of mouth is really the best way something gets more popular. The thing is a lot of the time that results in good stuff not getting that popular just because it doesn't create that kind of "boom" and reach beyond the "enthusiasts".
    Last edited by kewl0210; April 11, 2013 at 07:09 PM.

  22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 75 of 124 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts