Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where in Impel Down would you throw them?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Where in Impel Down would you throw them?

Sup people!
    The purpose of this thread is very simple. Just name any character you like and say what in what level of ID would you put them according to their strength, skill, bounty and threat level. I do want to point out that bounties are not everything, skill and strength should be the most important thing when discussing this.

Well, to start of the thread:

Luffy---level 5 although he could be 6
    zoro and sanji----level 5
    krieg---level 2
    arlong---level 3 at most

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where in Impel Down would you throw them?

I actually think what they've done is the most important of all. With that in mind I definitely think level 6 should include Luffy. Not many people can say that they've taken down Ennies Lobby and punched a World Noble.

Franky would probably get level 4.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; July 02, 2009 at 04:01 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I always though you were placed on the different levels based on how strong you are. If you are placed on a level based on what you did, it could end up being the same as a death penalty. take robin for instance. She has a bounty which does not reflect her bounty at all. Her bounty would place her easily in level 3-4 but I doubt she has the power to take that much. At best she could take level 2 IMHO.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but as Ivankov explains level six prisoners are people who have done terrrible things/annoyed the WG greatly. Strength certainly helps you get to level six though.

While Robin isn't particularly strong she does pose a great threat because of what she is. To the point at which the WG was willing to put that sort of bounty on her a bounty that eclipses many people who are stronger then her. Which means that they were more worried about how dangerous she was then her actual power. Robin has the ability to set off the equivalent of a Nuke somewhere in the OP world. That's very dangerous.

To use a more extreme real life example, imagine if Hitler some how existed in the OP world and pulled off everything the exact same way he did in the real world. The WG would obviously not want Hitler(who was extremely weak) to be put in the same place as petty criminals like Buggy on level 1, they'd want him as far down as they could get him, with the worst of the worst.

Look at it another way. You don't actually have to be super strong to get an Admiral after you. Just hurt a World Noble and you can be put way high on the Marine's "to kill" list. You're a great threat then.

If your dangerous then they want you gone. You don't have to be super strong to have pulled off something heinous. It's the same in our jails, getting into a maximum security jail doesn't require you be super strong, it requires that your crime was bad enough so that you deserve maximum security.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; July 07, 2009 at 06:06 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

This would never happen but kkck did say any character so...
    Aokiji: Level 6
    Kizaru: Level 6
    Magellan: Level 5
    Any of the Shichibukai: Level 6
    Enel: Level 4
    Wapol: Level 2
    All open for debate

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd put Higuma in level 1, that is if he'd survive the baptism and Foxy probably in level 3 - slowly starving and thus matching his fruit's power

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    This would never happen but kkck did say any character so...
    Aokiji: Level 6
    Kizaru: Level 6
    Magellan: Level 5
    Any of the Shichibukai: Level 6
    Enel: Level 4
    Wapol: Level 2
    All open for debate
    Out of all of those, the only ones I truly disagree are on enel and magellan. Magellan is a beast who had 2 shichibukai and luffy on the run. Plus he one KO'ed the BB pirates(granted they understimated him). Magellan should be at the very least level 6. Also magellan is as strong or stronger than shiryu who was in level 6.

I also doubt enel should be anything less that level 6. Even though luffy defeated him, he still has a very haxed power and would most likely defeat easily or at least put a fight against every one of luffy's oponents. Enel is clearly level 6 material. Also oda said in an SBS that enel would have a 500mil bounty had he become a pirate of the sea.

Nami: Level 1(only useful with clima tac)
    ussop: Level 1(only useful with kabuto)
    Chopper: Level 2. He can fight reasonably well on his own.
    Franky: Level 3, MAYBE 4.
    Brook: Level 3
    robin: Big bounty and great fruit but little overall strength. I would say level 2 or maybe 3. Anything more than that would kill her outright.
    Last edited by kkck; July 03, 2009 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Rayleigh/Buggy/Crocus : lvl 6
    CP9 : lvls 5-6
    Shakky : lvl 5
    Dorry/Brogy/Oimo/Karsee : lvl 5
    Pauly/Lulu/Tailston : lvl 4
    Franky Family : lvls 1-2-3
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; July 03, 2009 at 03:58 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member toxun's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

If only Luffy managed to get captured, he's place won't be inside Impel Down, at least for long. Either executed or enslaved with the Tenryuubito who he was punched. About Giant I think only suffice in Level 6, since only there we're really seen although only silhouette giants exist inside Impel Down.

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd put Enel in at least Level 5 cos there aren't many people on the Grandline that could beat him...

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    ussop: Level 1(only useful with kabuto)
    I'd actually think he would be throwed to level 3, or 2. Not because he is strong or anything, and he is practically useless without equipment. But he spit on the face of the World Goverment. He frigging burned their flag in front of high ranking people, and rubbed his ass on a noblemans face. Even if the latter one was merely bad luck (for him), I'm sure the noble doesn't listen excuses.

On other people

Jaguar D. Saulo - level 5, maybe even 6 depending on how lot of secret stuff he knew.
    Gaimon - level 1
    Yosaku and Johnny - level 1, 2 at most
    Viper - He is an interesting case. Strong physically, but relies on weaponry. Maybe level 4 would be fitting.
    Boa - level 6, strength wise maybe 4 or 5, but I'm sure WG isn't very fond of traitors, especially if the case catches lot of publicity, like it probaply would when were are talking about Boa.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

About Jaguar D. Sauro, it would definitely be lvl 6 as he was a V-A, dealing with the top of the marines (amiral Sengoku for example). An important man of a governement organization who is discharged should be sent there because it is a " shame " or rather a problematic thing that must be hiden : a V-A does not betray the marine for no reasons, which is something that is problematic for the troops' ideas/moral. Knowing that an examplar decided to betray the marine is difficult to swallow/ignore when you are a marine preoccuped by a true sense of justice.
    And that is what happened to Shiryuu, he was sent to lvl 6.
    Besides, Sauro had learnt things from Nico Olvia about the WG's past : after all, that is what had made him leave and betray the marine.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^I am surprised with how many people should end up in level six lol.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that very important people (such as Shiryuu, Saulo, Crocodile, Jimbei) that betrays the WG must be sent to lvl 6. And important leaders such as the Yonkou, Dragon, and their first-mate must be sent to lvl 6 too.
    But their nakamas not to lvl 6 : Dragon's commanders were sent to lvl 5 ; Ace is an exception because of the war and his central role.
    The PK crew is an exception too : I guess they all should be sent to lvl 6 : after all, they all are supposed to know the true history and probably some others important things.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; July 04, 2009 at 05:38 AM. Reason: to add the things in italics

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All the Supernova's would probably get level 5 though I could see an argument being made for Kid(killing a bunch of people ) and Drake(Former RA, knows about Vegapunk research, betrayed marines etc.) being put in lvl 6.

Then again I don't really know a ton about them.

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast