Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Where in Impel Down would you throw them?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where in Impel Down would you throw them?

I have been thinking about this, and I have reconsidered my position of luffy being sent to level 6. The guys we know were sent to level 6 are jimbei, crocodile and ace. All of them are monumentally strong, miles beyond what luffy could hope to fight at this point. I think luffy will be put in level 5. Zoro would also go to level 5. Sanji does not have the bounty for level 5 but on the other hand he is close in strength to zoro so he might be level 5 material. He is level 4 material extremely easily though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner iKeno's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy - level 6
    Zoro - level 5
    Sanji - level 4
    Ussop - level 2
    Robin - level 6
    Nami - level 2
    Brook - level 2
    Franky - level 3
    Chopper - level 1 (lol)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    Wapol: Level 2
    I would put that bastard in level 6 for what he done...
    Shichibukai level 6
    Dragon... Well, i would create a whole new level just for him Level 7 XD
    Enel Level 5 or 6
    Lucci level 5
    Spandam Level 1 ( No... Even in level 1 he would die XD )

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I have been thinking about this, and I have reconsidered my position of luffy being sent to level 6. The guys we know were sent to level 6 are jimbei, crocodile and ace. All of them are monumentally strong, miles beyond what luffy could hope to fight at this point. I think luffy will be put in level 5. Zoro would also go to level 5. Sanji does not have the bounty for level 5 but on the other hand he is close in strength to zoro so he might be level 5 material. He is level 4 material extremely easily though.
    And yet Luffy defeated Crocodile "mano a mano". Regardless of the luck involved, Crocodile was in his home element (the desert) and has a huge advantage but Luffy still won. Not to mention he defeated Moria, CP9 etc. Luffy is also responsible for destroying Enies Lobby, breaking out of IMpel Down, smashing a World Noble, bringing shame to the World Government for defeating two Shichibukai etc. Luffy is a Shichibukai in everything but belief and a threat at the highest levels to the World Government. Luffy should definitely be in Level 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I would put that bastard in level 6 for what he done...
    Shichibukai level 6
    Dragon... Well, i would create a whole new level just for him Level 7 XD
    Enel Level 5 or 6
    Lucci level 5
    Spandam Level 1 ( No... Even in level 1 he would die XD )
    Yeah so would I, but Wapol is clearly nowhere near strong enough to be in Level 6. Pretty much agree with the rest of it though.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people are overestimating levels 5 and 6.

Basically anyone of Lucci's strength or above should be level 6. Even then, Iva insta-KO'ed some level 6'ers with a Death Wink, so strength isn't everything.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member JC123's Avatar
    City of Eternal Darkness, and it ain't Alaska!
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta contest two things:

Quote Quote:
    Rayleigh/Buggy/Crocus : lvl 6
    I mean, seriously? Buggy AND Crocus?

Rayleigh has a lot of power to fend off people and live life freely. At most, because he's Gol's Right Hand Man, I would put him on 5 at most.

Buggy was good right where he was. Not only is he physically weak but he has yet to use his powers to the utmost. He was good right where he was at 3 even after the increased bounty.

Crocus I won't recommend for the last few levels. He seems to have kept a low profile. Even with him fighting with Gol D, he was what... the professor? He kept Gol alive but it seems that Gol D protected him more than allowed him to fight.

At most, I'd keep him on level 4 for his partnering. Maybe 5 for association. But level 6 seems excessive when he's not as prevalent as Rayleigh or Gol respectively.

That said, a few I liked:

Mr 4 - Level 4
    Mole woman - Level 3
    Red Leg - Level 3
    Mihawk - Level 5
    Last edited by JC123; July 06, 2009 at 12:21 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Basically anyone of Lucci's strength or above should be level 6. Even then, Iva insta-KO'ed some level 6'ers with a Death Wink, so strength isn't everything.
    I have my doubts about your comment about lucci. Don't get me wrong, the guy is a beast but the guys who have been actually seen in level six would defeat lucci without breaking a sweat. Ivankov and inazume were important revolutionary leaders under the worlds most dangerous criminal, and yet they are only level 5. Maybe luffy's feats would earn him level 6 but I do believe that his strength is that of level 5.

Quote Quote:
    And yet Luffy defeated Crocodile "mano a mano". Regardless of the luck involved, Crocodile was in his home element (the desert) and has a huge advantage but Luffy still won. Not to mention he defeated Moria, CP9 etc. Luffy is also responsible for destroying Enies Lobby, breaking out of IMpel Down, smashing a World Noble, bringing shame to the World Government for defeating two Shichibukai etc. Luffy is a Shichibukai in everything but belief and a threat at the highest levels to the World Government. Luffy should definitely be in Level 6!
    Well, luffy fought crocodile 3 times, he was bound to get lucky sometime lol. Maybe this would be easier if we had seen the strength of a few of the other people in level 6. So far we have seen only crocodile and jimbei who IMHO opinion are within the scope of the "stupidly powerful" category. Maybe other more traditional level 6 prisoners would be closer in power to luffy. In any case if all the level 6 prisoners are comparable to jimbei or crocodile, then luffy should not be anywhere near that place.

BTW, when luffy fought moria 1 on 1, he barely managed to land a hit. Given what we saw and what has been said, I would not have been surprised if moria actually has a lot more strength than what he showed. Seriously, the guy fought on par with a yonkou, yet he barely did any direct fighting in TB arc. Maybe we will see more of him during the war.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JC123 View Post
    Mihawk - Level 5
    So confused. Why?
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; July 06, 2009 at 12:38 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    So Confused. Why?
    can't help but wonder the exact same thing. I would honestly start level 7 just for him lol.

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, luffy fought crocodile 3 times, he was bound to get lucky sometime lol. Maybe this would be easier if we had seen the strength of a few of the other people in level 6. So far we have seen only crocodile and jimbei who IMHO opinion are within the scope of the "stupidly powerful" category. Maybe other more traditional level 6 prisoners would be closer in power to luffy. In any case if all the level 6 prisoners are comparable to jimbei or crocodile, then luffy should not be anywhere near that place.
    Luffy went into battle with no idea of Crocodile's powers and on Crocodile's home turf (desert) so losses are acceptable. Iva knocked out Level 6 prisoners with a single "Death Wink" so it's clear that not all of them are on the same level as Crocodile and Jinbei. It's probably same to assume that Crocodile and Jinbei were the stronger ones there. Additionally, some pirates are placed in Level 6 based on their threat level to the World Government. As I elaborated in my previous post, Luffy's done many things that could be considered threatening to the WG, and regardless of how he did it, Luffy has defeated some powerful opponents therefore he should be in Level 6.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta contest two things:
    I mean, seriously? Buggy AND Crocus?
    If you read the last chapter, you can see that Buggy is considered to be a very hazardous person, worst than the two Shichibukais that betrayed the WG. Instead of them, he is said to be the main responsible for the ID incident with Luffy.
    For the ID incident, his past with Gol D. Roger and his unique brothership with Shanks, he would definitely be sent to LVL 6.

About Crocus, it is because he was a Gol D. Roger's pirate that I think he would be sent to LVL 6. When you see how Tom was sent to ID because he built a ship to him whereas he had great abilities that could help technology knowledge, you know that everything that is linked to the Pirate King is someone the WG wants to hide.
    Besides, Crocus is the one that had allowed Gol D. Roger to become what he became : without him, he would not have been able to be a pirate. That means without Crocus, there would have not been a Pirate King. That is definitely a good reason to send him to lvl 6.

And do not forget neither that the Pirate King's crew is all supposed to have discovered the True History, one of the worst crime against WG.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    Luffy went into battle with no idea of Crocodile's powers and on Crocodile's home turf (desert) so losses are acceptable. Iva knocked out Level 6 prisoners with a single "Death Wink" so it's clear that not all of them are on the same level as Crocodile and Jinbei. It's probably same to assume that Crocodile and Jinbei were the stronger ones there. Additionally, some pirates are placed in Level 6 based on their threat level to the World Government. As I elaborated in my previous post, Luffy's done many things that could be considered threatening to the WG, and regardless of how he did it, Luffy has defeated some powerful opponents therefore he should be in Level 6.
    To be fair, crocodile also did not know about luffy's power at first. If anything, fights between two people who know nothing of each other are the ones where you can tell best who was the stronger one.We also have to consider the context of our post. I agree in that featwise luffy is level 6 material but in terms of overall power, luffy should be in level 5.

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair, crocodile also did not know about luffy's power at first. If anything, fights between two people who know nothing of each other are the ones where you can tell best who was the stronger one.We also have to consider the context of our post. I agree in that featwise luffy is level 6 material but in terms of overall power, luffy should be in level 5.
    IMO Crocodile not knowing about Luffy's power was a lesser disadvantage than Luffy having no knowledge of Crocodile's power. It doesn't matter if Luffy's Level 6 material "feat-wise" or by strength, he's Level 6 material, basically he should be down there. Additionally, he's not that weak (perhaps compared to Jimbei he's not that powerful) certainly stronger than some of the other prisoners in Level 6 though.
    Last edited by Gecko Moria; July 06, 2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Additional reasoning

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member JC123's Avatar
    City of Eternal Darkness, and it ain't Alaska!
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    So confused. Why?
    He's a Shichi. To put him down with Jimbei is to have two powers centered right on top of each other. I'd rather have Jimbei and Mihawk on different floors just so they can't even THINK of
    having a friendship form.

Quote Quote:
    About Crocus, it is because he was a Gol D. Roger's pirate that I think he would be sent to LVL 6. When you see how Tom was sent to ID because he built a ship to him whereas he had great abilities that could help technology knowledge, you know that everything that is linked to the Pirate King is someone the WG wants to hide.
    Besides, Crocus is the one that had allowed Gol D. Roger to become what he became : without him, he would not have been able to be a pirate. That means without Crocus, there would have not been a Pirate King. That is definitely a good reason to send him to lvl 6.
    TBH, I doubt he'd be down there for knowing the Pirate King per se...

From the looks, he didn't really do much more than heal people. I put him in the same category as Chopper. Important, yes, but the doctors don't seem to be as well known for what they do. If anything, he may see Level 4 or 5 if he were caught but judging from the fact that the WG seems to have left him alone, his bounty can't have been that high.
    Last edited by JC123; July 06, 2009 at 08:34 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He's a Shichi. To put him down with Jimbei is to have two powers centered right on top of each other. I'd rather have Jimbei and Mihawk on different floors just so they can't even THINK of
    having a friendship form.
    The Marines put Jimbei and Ace not only in the same floor but in the same cage despite knowing full well that Jimbei at least sympathized with WB(which is why he wouldn't fight him) and depending on how good there intelligence is they might even know that Jimbei and Ace were friends beforehand.

I'd honestly put Mihawk as far down as possible. If worst comes to worst they could put them on opposite sides of the level since each level has shown to be pretty big. They'd have to scream to hear each other. Which would be kind of unrealistic.

Jimbea: "HEY MIHAWK HOW'S IT GOING? WANT TO WORK TOGETHER TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!"

Mihawk: "SOUNDS GOOD TO ME, HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET PAST THE GUARDS THOUGH??!!!"

Jimbea: "DON'T WORRY I HAVE A PLAN BUT WERE GOING TO HAVE TO TALK REALLY QUITELY!!!"

Hahah that would be funny actually.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; July 06, 2009 at 09:33 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast