Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Where in Impel Down would you throw them?

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where in Impel Down would you throw them?

Quote Originally Posted by JC123 View Post
    but judging from the fact that the WG seems to have left him alone, his bounty can't have been that high.
    It is not possible that the WG decided to let him live alone after his piracy with Gol D. Roger. They are very concerned with everything linked to the Pirate King : this is why Tom was sent to ID even if he was not an outlaw, this is why the WG maintained Rayleigh's bounty even if he lived peacefully after the death of the PK, this is why the marine is very concerned about Buggy because from now on they know he was a PK's nakama.
    The only viable explanation would be that Crocus has no bounty, that the WG does not know he was a Gol D. Roger's pirate : after all, they did not know for Buggy.

Then, knowing who Crocus really is, I would definitely send him to LVL 6 : he is the one that allowed the PK to survive (and to walk, to fight etc ...) enough time to conquer the Grand Line.
    It is not for nothing that among all the PK's nakamas, one of the four that Oda has decided to show us is Crocus : it is because of the central place he had in the crew. Do not forget that it is because he had to leave the crew, that the crew disbanded.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    IMO Crocodile not knowing about Luffy's power was a lesser disadvantage than Luffy having no knowledge of Crocodile's power. It doesn't matter if Luffy's Level 6 material "feat-wise" or by strength, he's Level 6 material, basically he should be down there. Additionally, he's not that weak (perhaps compared to Jimbei he's not that powerful) certainly stronger than some of the other prisoners in Level 6 though.
    I kinda disagree with that. Just because crocodile had more overall power than luffy doesn't mean crocodile had any less of a disadvantage than luffy. Both fought without knowing what the other was capable of and luffy got utterly and easily owned twice. Obviously after much trouble luffy managed to win though(I do think that even know, crocodile would defeat luffy if he gets serious and does not do dumb things as in alabasta).

Now, I do think the reason for which each individual gets send to w/e level is important. Not stating such as detail could lead to misinterpretations of what someone is saying. For what we know, you can get sent to each level for two reasons:

- According to your strength. Only thing which matters when for levels 1-5 considering that if you get sent into a level and you are not strong enough for it, you die. It can also get you into level 6.

-Threat level you pose for whatever reason other than strength. This can get you past level 1-5 straight into level 6 in spite of how strong you are. For instance, robin would not last a day in levels 3-5 yet because of her knowledge she might end up in level 6 where she would indeed survive for quite some time.

Now, we do not know how strong most level 6 prisoners are but IMHO they should be stronger than luffy of lucci and closer to the strength of jimbei and crocodile. Given what crocodile said and what little we have seen, level 6 prisoners are not people who failed to conquer the first half of the grandline. They are criminals who were second to whitebeard.

Luffy is strong, but I doubt he is level 6 strong. His feats could earn him level 6 at this point though.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I kinda disagree with that. Just because crocodile had more overall power than luffy doesn't mean crocodile had any less of a disadvantage than luffy. Both fought without knowing what the other was capable of and luffy got utterly and easily owned twice. Obviously after much trouble luffy managed to win though(I do think that even know, crocodile would defeat luffy if he gets serious and does not do dumb things as in alabasta).
    Like I said, Crocodile was in the desert where his Devil Fruit powers near invincible. Not much of a fair fight IMO, therefore losses were acceptable from Luffy. If the battle had taken place on a ship in the sea the results may have been different (a desert is practically the only place without water).

Now, I do think the reason for which each individual gets send to w/e level is important. Not stating such as detail could lead to misinterpretations of what someone is saying. For what we know, you can get sent to each level for two reasons:

- According to your strength. Only thing which matters when for levels 1-5 considering that if you get sent into a level and you are not strong enough for it, you die. It can also get you into level 6.

-Threat level you pose for whatever reason other than strength. This can get you past level 1-5 straight into level 6 in spite of how strong you are. For instance, robin would not last a day in levels 3-5 yet because of her knowledge she might end up in level 6 where she would indeed survive for quite some time.

Now, we do not know how strong most level 6 prisoners are but IMHO they should be stronger than luffy of lucci and closer to the strength of jimbei and crocodile. Given what crocodile said and what little we have seen, level 6 prisoners are not people who failed to conquer the first half of the grandline. They are criminals who were second to whitebeard.

Luffy is strong, but I doubt he is level 6 strong. His feats could earn him level 6 at this point though.
    Iva knocked out a couple of the Level 6 prisoners with one "Death Wink", so not all the Level 6 prisoners are that strong. If you meet one of the two criteria (threat level or strength) you will be in Level 6. By saying "his feats could earn him Level 6" you have admitted that Luffy is Level 6 material.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said, Crocodile was in the desert where his Devil Fruit powers near invincible. Not much of a fair fight IMO, therefore losses were acceptable from Luffy. If the battle had taken place on a ship in the sea the results may have been different (a desert is practically the only place without water).

Iva knocked out a couple of the Level 6 prisoners with one "Death Wink", so not all the Level 6 prisoners are that strong. If you meet one of the two criteria (threat level or strength) you will be in Level 6. By saying "his feats could earn him Level 6" you have admitted that Luffy is Level 6 material.
    In the first two fights crocodile did take advantage of the desert, but I do think it would not have been that different had they been anywhere else(except a rainy or snowy place). Overall the biggest problem was that luffy could not(and still can't) hit crocodile.

Also, iva only hit a few of the level 6 prisoners. Whether they were knocked out or he could have won a fight on normal circumstances is highly debatable. Hitting a bunch of starved chained prisoners is not much of a feat, even ussop could pull that off.

As for the bolded part, yes I did admit that, I wrote it in my post.
    Quote Quote:
    I simply think the reason for being sent to level 6 is important. For instance, lets take robin and an hypothetical unknown uber pirate A. Robin by no means has the strength of a traditional level 6 prisoner yet her knowledge might send her there. Now for pirate A; the guy could be completely unknown yet if he is arrested and levels 1-5 cannot contain him, he will be sent to level 6.

Now, even if luffy has the feats to earn him level 6, I really don't think he has the strength of a level 6 prisoner. That's all I am saying.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

In the first two fights crocodile did take advantage of the desert, but I do think it would not have been that different had they been anywhere else(except a rainy or snowy place). Overall the biggest problem was that luffy could not(and still can't) hit crocodile.

Also, iva only hit a few of the level 6 prisoners. Whether they were knocked out or he could have won a fight on normal circumstances is highly debatable. Hitting a bunch of starved chained prisoners is not much of a feat, even ussop could pull that off.

I simply think the reason for being sent to level 6 is important. For instance, lets take robin and an hypothetical unknown uber pirate A. Robin by no means has the strength of a traditional level 6 prisoner yet her knowledge might send her there. Now for pirate A; the guy could be completely unknown yet if he is arrested and levels 1-5 cannot contain him, he will be sent to level 6.

Now, even if luffy has the feats to earn him level 6, I really don't think he has the strength of a level 6 prisoner. That's all I am saying.
    As we all know now, it's not all that difficult to hit Crocodile. With nearly any sort of liquid on his hands, Luffy will be able to punch him sky high. Despite being chained or starved, if they were in Level 6 in terms of power those prisoners should easily be able to take more than a simple attack like that. A "Death Wink"would leave people like Crocodile and Jimbei unfazed, though I'll admit that those two are probably at the epitome of Level 6 power. Technically, it's impossible to have been sent to Impel Down for doing nothing or something insignificant. Therefore, any prisoner in Level 6 needs to have a combination of World Government threatening feats and strength. For example, your "Pirate A" wouldn't even be sent to Impel Down if he was unknown. Any prisoner in Impel Down needs to have some sort of bounty. Luffy is not weak. Regardless of how he did it, he's defeated plenty of strong opponents, and in the World Government's eyes, he is Level 6 material feat-wise and power-wise.

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Being in Level 6 is more about posessing knowledge or being a direct threat to the world government. so with that said Robin would be in Level 6 because she can read poneglyphs.

If Luffy were to be captured right now, he would be in Level 6 that much I'm pretty sure about...

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    If Luffy were to be captured right now, he would be in Level 6 that much I'm pretty sure about...
    Actually, it depends if Luffy would be send to ID. Sharlia, the tenryubito girl, personally wants to take care of Luffy. Then, maybe, Luffy would be send to Mariejoa and not ID.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As we all know now, it's not all that difficult to hit Crocodile. With nearly any sort of liquid on his hands, Luffy will be able to punch him sky high. Despite being chained or starved, if they were in Level 6 in terms of power those prisoners should easily be able to take more than a simple attack like that. A "Death Wink"would leave people like Crocodile and Jimbei unfazed, though I'll admit that those two are probably at the epitome of Level 6 power. Technically, it's impossible to have been sent to Impel Down for doing nothing or something insignificant. Therefore, any prisoner in Level 6 needs to have a combination of World Government threatening feats and strength. For example, your "Pirate A" wouldn't even be sent to Impel Down if he was unknown. Any prisoner in Impel Down needs to have some sort of bounty. Luffy is not weak. Regardless of how he did it, he's defeated plenty of strong opponents, and in the World Government's eyes, he is Level 6 material feat-wise and power-wise.
    Actually just calling yourself a pirate is enough of a crime to get chased by the marines lol. Now, if A gets some attention and gets captured(take buggy or any pirate from level 1), he would be sent to ID just because of the sheer hypothetical power he has. All he has to do is prove that levels 1-5 really can't contain him for him to be sent to level 6.

And how do you know the prisoners could not take death wink? All we saw was that they got hit, nothing else. We also do not know the mechanics behind death wink. If it has something to do with haki(big if), then it would be quite a fearsome attack and it would not be surprising if it actually knocks out level 6 starved prisoners in one hit.

I guess this is kinda subjective but I don't think luffy at this point is strong enough as level 6 prisoners. The opponents who IMO were level 6 material were enel, against whom luffy had an unique advantage and could not be hurt by enels strongest attacks, crocodile against whom luffy got kinda lucky IMHO and moria who luffy never fought head on except for while(and got his ass handed to him). The ones at SA were also level 6 worthy but as we all saw they easily kicked the strawhats asses. As for lucci, I think he is at best level 5 worthy but by no means level 6.

Level 6 prisoners are as called by crocodile silver medallists. They were people who got defeated by people such as WB. Luffy at the moment is a supernova. A supernova is a pirate who has conquered the first half of the grand line and got a rookie status. How can a rookie even begin to compare to a silver medallist? Luffy is strong and has been incredibly lucky but IMHO he is just strong enough to be sent to level 5(while his feats would send him straight to level 6).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Metal D. Reaper's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that any Yonkou or stronger or Dragon should be sentenced too the death penalty by the WG because they would show off their streng.

Also luffy isn't strong enough too go to lvl 6 and has yet too discover alot but in a fight their isn't only the muscles that count also your brains and in a fight he used water against croc. and invented gear 2 3 against Lucci

The silver medalist are people who lost in the name of the marine and stuff but they all are of a high lvl and could easily beat the guys like Das Bones and Dino

The treaths that the prisoners of lvl 6 reprensent are that great that they are locked up in the depth of IP and by def have a nice little bounty or atleast knowed by the marine too be highly searched even with a low bounty.All rookies should be locked up in Lvl 5 and Wapol also because in Lvl 5 their isn't much too eat and in LVL 2 their are the animals who should taste pretty good
    Spoiler show

War is something unavoidable and for the peace and justice in order to stay!!!War must be!!!The winner will bring peace and be justice. This is ABSOLUTE JUSTICE. Sacrifices must be made to bring Order even if it means that you must kill you're own kind.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner virbens's Avatar
    Everywhere you've never been, and everywhere you'll never be
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This would never happen but kkck did say any character so...
    Aokiji: Level 6
    Kizaru: Level 6
    Magellan: Level 5
    Any of the Shichibukai: Level 6
    Enel: Level 4
    Wapol: Level 2
    All open for debate

enel # 4? gotta be kidding me he took out zoro & sanji &moves at lightning fast speed luffy only won because of his rubber and he still almost lost

how the hell is luffy not lvl 6 material he beat down moria dont even remember crocodile he beat moria and im not talking about nightmare luffy i mean he himself when he was dead tied and in grave condition took out 1000 shadow moria, moria fought on par with a yonkou and im pretty sure any of the yonkou would be sent straight to lvl 6 and luffy beat him he is easily a level 6 oh and lets not forget rob lucci, rob lucci who was in such high regards of the navy if hes not level 6 then just about every in level 6 isnt level 6 material
    Last edited by virbens; July 08, 2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    how the hell is luffy not lvl 6 material he beat down moria dont even remember crocodile he beat moria and im not talking about nightmare luffy i mean he himself when he was dead tied and in grave condition took out 1000 shadow moria, moria fought on par with a yonkou and im pretty sure any of the yonkou would be sent straight to lvl 6 and luffy beat him he is easily a level 6 oh and lets not forget rob lucci, rob lucci who was in such high regards of the navy if hes not level 6 then just about every in level 6 isnt level 6 material
    For future reference, when making a point, don't just write one big ass sentense. It's a pain to read and understand. I don't mean any offense but your post is really hard to read.

Luffy was dead tired when he defeated moria, that is true. Thing is that when he fought moria, he did not fight the normal smart moria he fought earlier. Moria absorbed the shadows of a thousand people and acquire a stupid amount of power but he also went on a wild unintelligent rampage. Not to mention absorbing that many shadows was actually hurting moria.

The first time luffy fought moria, the guy did not do a thing. He just sat there while his shadow did all the work. In that situation the one on the losing end was obviously luffy. Luffy got quite a few hits while he only landed one lucky hit on moria although that one kick did little to now damage. Considering how superior moria proved to be at that moment and the fact that moria was basically just sitting there without moving. IMHO if moria gets completely serious in a 1 on 1 fight, he would actually be quite strong and extremely hard to deal with. It's all my own speculation but I do believe that there is a reason moria is a shichibukai and he did not show it back in TB.

I also do not think lucci is level 6 material. IMHO he would be sent to level 5. I know lucci was extremely strong and his strength was acknowledge by many high level people but that does not instantly mean he is as strong as a level 6 prisoner. I honestly believe that if the thing was decided by strength alone, he would be sent to level 5.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawk and Law - both level 5 imo

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say that the vast mayority of the supernova's would be sent to level 5. Capone does not strike me as a extremely powerful dude so he might end up in level 4.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Metal D. Reaper's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

yea but it should still might get too 5 because if he is dropped in a hole with other prisoners he can take them in him soo lvl 5 where there are not much prisoners
    Spoiler show

War is something unavoidable and for the peace and justice in order to stay!!!War must be!!!The winner will bring peace and be justice. This is ABSOLUTE JUSTICE. Sacrifices must be made to bring Order even if it means that you must kill you're own kind.

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually just calling yourself a pirate is enough of a crime to get chased by the marines lol. Now, if A gets some attention and gets captured(take buggy or any pirate from level 1), he would be sent to ID just because of the sheer hypothetical power he has. All he has to do is prove that levels 1-5 really can't contain him for him to be sent to level 6.
    Not being able to be contained in Levels 1-5 is a feat in itself. Impel Down is the world's most impenetrable prison, but there are no doubt other prisons where lesser criminals are sent to. If Pirate A gets a little attention but doesn't commit any major crimes he will be sent to another prison and not Impel Down. However, if he got a decent bounty he would be sent to Impel Down.

And how do you know the prisoners could not take death wink? All we saw was that they got hit, nothing else. We also do not know the mechanics behind death wink. If it has something to do with haki(big if), then it would be quite a fearsome attack and it would not be surprising if it actually knocks out level 6 starved prisoners in one hit.
    How do you know the prisoners could take the "Death Wink"? (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/540/16/). If they were Level 6 strength, they should have been able to stand up to it. From the picture, it looks like they were blasted backwards quite a bit.

I guess this is kinda subjective but I don't think luffy at this point is strong enough as level 6 prisoners. The opponents who IMO were level 6 material were enel, against whom luffy had an unique advantage and could not be hurt by enels strongest attacks, crocodile against whom luffy got kinda lucky IMHO and moria who luffy never fought head on except for while(and got his ass handed to him). The ones at SA were also level 6 worthy but as we all saw they easily kicked the strawhats asses. As for lucci, I think he is at best level 5 worthy but by no means level 6.
    Enel hasn't really done anything against the World Government, but yes power-wise I agree he is Level 6 material. Likewise, I also think that Lucci is Level 5 material.

Level 6 prisoners are as called by crocodile silver medallists. They were people who got defeated by people such as WB. Luffy at the moment is a supernova. A supernova is a pirate who has conquered the first half of the grand line and got a rookie status. How can a rookie even begin to compare to a silver medallist? Luffy is strong and has been incredibly lucky but IMHO he is just strong enough to be sent to level 5(while his feats would send him straight to level 6).
    The question is: "Do you think Luffy should be in Level 6?" Not just based or strength or feats, but a combination. In your opinion, Luffy isn't Level 6 material in terms of strength compared to some of the other prisoners in that level (e.g. Crocodile, Jimbei, Ace) but in the World Government's (and mine) opinion he is. In their eyes, regardless of how he's achieved it, Luffy was taken down 2 of their Shichibukai, tore down Enies Lobby and broken out of their most impenetrable prison. The World Government will undoubtedly see him as strong enough to be in Level 6.

Quote Originally Posted by virbens View Post
    enel # 4? gotta be kidding me he took out zoro & sanji &moves at lightning fast speed luffy only won because of his rubber and he still almost lost
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Like I said IMO, he hasn't really done anything against the World Government. You don't get into Level 6 for solely being powerful. I should have made that Level 5 actually. I'm not too keen on where Enel should be placed because it's really up to your own opinion and there's too much speculation involved.

Quote Originally Posted by virbens View Post
    I agree with you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    Hawk and Law - both level 5 imo
    I would say that the vast mayority of the supernova's would be sent to level 5. Capone does not strike me as a extremely powerful dude so he might end up in level 4.
    Level 6: Luffy
    Level 5: Kidd, Hawkins, X-Drake, Law
    Level 4: The rest

All up for debate
    When I judge what level a character should be in I place myself in the position of the World Government. I know I've probably done it by bounty (which isn't always a good indicator), but that's probably how the WG would have decided to do it. Besides, IMO Luffy, Kidd, Hawkins, Drake and Law are the strongest of the Supernovae also.
    Last edited by Gecko Moria; July 09, 2009 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Typing error

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast