Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Magazine Cover and Color Pages

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magazine Cover and Color Pages

Wow, great thread, why I joined the forum after stumbling on it, I wish some of the earlier posts weren't missing the images. Got a question though, are Evening mag scans rare? a couple of chapters ago All Rounder Meguru started showing up but no earlier.

I've seen a photo of Endo's booth at some shooto even where he was signing manga and he had a couple of color printouts that were b&w in the regular volume edition, so it leads me to believe those were colored pages in the magazine. I'm gonna guess there's no way of finding scans?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening mag raws are rare, actually. Usually only four or five series per issue are uploaded. This likely means that this is all that is uploaded to share or perfect dark. A shame, since Shamo raws have not been posted since August. Evening is a weird magazine though, while it is a bi-weekly publication most of the series are monthly. Half the magazine is serialized in one issue, the rest in the next. Meguru is one of the only series that is in every issue. Not sure if there are any missing color pages or anything like that though.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Got a question though, are Evening mag scans rare? a couple of chapters ago All Rounder Meguru started showing up but no earlier.
    If you want to get the raw scans, I suggest you should do a subscription to person who can get raw magazine. This most certain and conscious way to get the raw scan.
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; December 21, 2011 at 03:55 PM.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting manga magazines shipped to Europe is very expensive, unless there is a local Japanese book store he can buy copies as they come in. Even in a large city there is hardly a guarantee of a Japanese bookstore. I live in a large city in the Northeast U.S. and have no access to a Japanese bookstore, or anywhere except online to order a manga magazine. Besides, he's looking for back issues, which are almost never for sale.
    Last edited by Kaiten; December 21, 2011 at 04:04 PM.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Getting manga magazines shipped to Europe is very expensive, unless there is a local Japanese book store he can buy copies as they come in. Even in a large city there is hardly a guarantee of a Japanese bookstore. I live in a large city in the Northeast U.S. and have no access to a Japanese bookstore, or anywhere except online to order a manga magazine. Besides, he's looking for back issues, which are almost never for sale.
    Well, I do a subscription to a person who live in US (not sure where) and I manage to get the raws for Jump SQ.

It is true that getting past issues are very difficult, so people (including me) have to wait volume raws (if they released). But, if you do subscription, you can get the upcoming chapters.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. But it can cost a lot of money and is not a good solution for everyone. It may be good for others. For those who do not have the money or want to go to the trouble for at most one or two color pages it is a lot better to ask before spending the money. That is all

Tankobon don't always contain color pictures, Meguru volumes most definitely do not.
    Last edited by Kaiten; December 21, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Subscription is a bit too expensive for a magazine that comes out every 2 weeks, even SAL doubles the prices, EMS... let's not go there. Problem is, these are back issues, regular volumes sometimes (if not always?) lack the color pages that were exclusive in the magazines. I saw a couple of color Q&A pages in this thread, that are b&w in the manga volume.

Like I said, I saw these on a random blog, when Endo was giving out autographs a few months, the left ones are black and white in the manga volume, so I'm guessing they might have been color ver. in the magazines, but these are probably over a year old.

P.S: I don't mind buying the back issue, if I knew which one it was and where to get it (em, or plural, since there's at least two of em)

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

The last two look like similar to the cover of volume 1 and 2, they look like special prints made up for the signing. The first two don't look familiar but also look like special prints. They look like volume cover and color pages without the typeface for autograph seekers to get signed, rather than recent color pages.

Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen a colored version of the spread from volume 1.. I think it was the magazine. The two pictures on the right, first one is vol.3 cover, 2nd one is in the same volume but black and white (it was on the cover of the Evening magazine). Other two on the left are in vol.4 and 6. so I sort of assumed it was from the magazine and judging by the pics he was signing manga. Oh well, was worth a try.

Negative Syndicate

I know it will be expensive for subscription, so my best advice is find someone who are also looking for raws in same magazine and willing to share subscription.

Based on my experience, an one year subscription for monthly magazine wasn't much expensive, but I'm not sure for biweekly magazine.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen a colored version of the spread from volume 1.. I think it was the magazine. The two pictures on the right, first one is vol.3 cover, 2nd one is in the same volume but black and white (it was on the cover of the Evening magazine). Other two on the left are in vol.4 and 6. so I sort of assumed it was from the magazine and judging by the pics he was signing manga. Oh well, was worth a try.
    Those are tough ones, if mag raws were ever scanned they've been lost in the bowels of the internet. I know chapters that old were never posted to MH when we allowed raws, only volume raws were available. I can't recall if Meguru chapters were posted anywhere else but if so it was to a site that did not archive and closed doors a couple of years ago.

Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Gah, it's not just me that's getting empty pages at around +10 or so?

Technically more of an upcoming color pic: http://kc.kodansha.co.jp/magazine/sp...p/02134/4762/1 a quick making-of of the next Evening cover - Shoujo Fight (I wish someone continued scanslating this)

Also there was this nice shot of the cover of Big Comics Superior at Comic Natalie, I love Adachi's color artwork:
    Last edited by Ikari; December 22, 2011 at 09:05 PM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Gah, it's not just me that's getting empty pages at around +10 or so?
    It's probably because the bandwidth for the image hosting site expired or the uploader deleted the images. You can try asking the poster if s/he still has the scans through PM.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot Adachi was starting a new series in Superior. Hopefully someone translates, whenever raws are available.

Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

I really dig the cover (posted the making of earlier) of the new evening issue, hopefuly there'll be a better scan later on... but Shoujo Fight isn't getting a lot of love:

Wait so this is issue number 2... but it's being released in 2011.. Can someone explain the japanese magazine numbering to me?

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast