Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This Week (Road 123-124-125-126-127-128-129-Final Countdown) Discussions and Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Road 123-124-125-Final Countdown) Discussions and Predictions

Daaaaamn. I was so looking forward to Real and Naturezza in particular to stand up against the challenge Barcelona posed to them, but Takahashi will make it look like any success they might achieve will be more thanks to Rivaul being injured than anything else I so hate it when that happens and after the chairman's statement that Van Saal will have to leave if Barca don't win, now I'm sure they will get the 3 points.
    The day Naruto manga FAILED made funny ==> Chapter 448 Crack

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer that than a Natureza who owns Tsubasa, and Rivaul, the ballon d'or, who owned Tsubasa... Winning a 2 on 1? No way. I think it's a better development, still giving a chance to Natureza, without suddenly making him better than 2 of the best players in the world.

So for you, Van Saal can't retire? I'd understand if it was Tsubasa, but here...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member majed2000's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: This Week (Road 123-124-125-Final Countdown) Discussions and Predictions

first ,i want 2 say ,we still have about 2 and half volum before the end ,so we still have time for RM to come back again to scoare atleast 1 goal ,and for Barca as well ,but these goals won't be that easy like before.

natureza will scoare wz the help of RM players ( they will hard time since tsubasa and rivaul are there )
    tsubasa or rivaul scoare ( they also will have hard time since rivaul is injured ).

after that rivaul will defend,gust like tsubasa did against Toho ,leaving the final goal for tsubasa ,maybe wz the help of one defender who overlap insted of rivaul.

as for Van Saal he won't retire now,but at the end he will and take rivaul wz him,leaving no 10 for tsubasa gust like Sanae saw n her dream.
    Last edited by majed2000; July 09, 2009 at 09:57 AM.

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    I prefer that than a Natureza who owns Tsubasa, and Rivaul, the ballon d'or, who owned Tsubasa... Winning a 2 on 1? No way. I think it's a better development, still giving a chance to Natureza, without suddenly making him better than 2 of the best players in the world.
    I'm not saying Naturezza should be the star performer, rather Real Madrid as a whole. It's an impression CT has left:
    - When the 'good' team wins, it's because they had the skill, mind-set, determination and ultimately proved to be better.
    - When the 'bad' team gets something out of a game, it's because something negative happens in the 'good' team.

The point is, now if Real do get something out of the game, the comments will be like 'If Rivaul hadn't been injured, Barca would've won' instead of 'Real managed to find a way to beat a full-strength Barca'. On the other hand, if Barca win it will be 'Barca outplayed a full-strength Real even at a disadvantage'. See?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    So for you, Van Saal can't retire? I'd understand if it was Tsubasa, but here...
    It's not about him retiring, it's about the comment itself that Barca need to win. Were it any other manga, I'd leave the door open for a draw, but with CT ...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Wakabayashi could've saved the shot in Chapter 124...it was outside of the area, but it is the worlds best player Rivaul who took the shot...

Looks like Rivaul is going to lose the ball too...I know that Barce's style is a two man game maker atm, but the Almeija had to pass to Rivaul? I mean there are other players like Graniados (whatever his name is ) right?

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    I wonder if Wakabayashi could've saved the shot in Chapter 124...it was outside of the area, but it is the worlds best player Rivaul who took the shot...
    My initial thoughts when I saw Rivaul's positioning exactly! Surely, unless the sun was in his way, his hands weren't injured or there wasn't a naked chic dashing into the field, he would have stopped it

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

chaos_master: Well, that doesn't change anything for me. R Madrid even as a whole, being better than the two-control-tower-system Barca, at home, would need a good reason or explanation: every kind of attacks they made was stopped. Without that, it's just unlogical.
    You know, you can find examples of 'bad teams' winning thanks to their skills and 'good teams' winning with something negative happening to the other side.
    'What if' can work the other way. For example, what if R Madrid was at home and not Barcelona?

Bowser: Almieja's idea was to send the ball to an ace, for an attack similar to that of the previous goals. Sure, he could have sent the ball to someone else, but Tsubasa was marked, he didn't knew that Rivaul was in so much pain and the others, altough good, aren't aces and their attacks would have lacked the necessary impact.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member "~Mail~"'s Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Road 123-124-125-126-Final Countdown) Discussions and Predictions

What I said before bout Rivaul has now shown. Even if he is sick, he still wants to continue even if it may make the team suffer (though this effect may or may not happen in this episode).

But 4 Naturezza to admit defeat rather this fast is still unlike him. Even when in WY he doesn't concede his defeat until the final whistle (yes, he entered late but still). This is somewhat new for a character whom is like a super player.

RM have to break the curse of NouCamp. Make it a draw to make it appropriate 4 a team whom are playing well with less unforced error (yeah like tennis error).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Road 123-124-125-126-Final Countdown) Discussions and Predictions

I noticed a minor mistake in chap. 126: on page 04, it is written that Rivaul won "the Ballon d'Or, in other words the title of FIFA MVP". Which is actually wrong, these two trophies are different.

The "real" FIFA MVP trophy would be the FIFA World player of the year, who is elected by coaches and captains of many international teams.
    The Ballon d'Or, which is the most prestigious award, is elected by european journalists, and until recently (2007), only players from european teams could be awarded it.

Anyway, good translation work on this series.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably a mistake from my translator, please us this thread for typos and mistakes.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Road 123-124-125-126-127-Final Countdown) Discussions and Predictions

Oh ok, I thought this was directly a mistake from Takahashi, since I've been doubting his football knowledge for a few years now... He lost much credibility in my eyes with RT2002.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Road 123-124-125-126-127-Final Countdown) Discussions and Predictions

I've checked and it's indeed a mistake from my translator.
    Why did he lose credibility in your eyes with Road to 2002?

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

All the new chapter did was make me want the next one more Tsubasa versus Naturezza in one of the match's decisive confrontations! I say Naturezza scores

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Blabble's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

as if the first and second series of CT were even credible in football to begin with.

no shit.

it's not like he suddenly lost it in rt 2002, and we all know what we're in for when we read CT.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think some people, especially some soccer fans, just can't grasp the concept of "fantasy soccer", while it's easily accepted with other sports.
    I even saw some eyeshield 21's fans criticizing Captain Tsubasa because it didn't look like "real soccer" >_> Well, maybe they didn't know american football at all, but still...

But I was curious to know why Takahashi lost credibility in his eyes with this series when everyone considers it as his "most realistic" one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast