Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Kenpachi vs Szayel

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Izkity's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi vs Szayel

I was puzzling over it... and it seems like they'd both have unfair advantages. If Ken-chan got in a few strong hits, he'd probably be able to finish Szayel off. However if Szayel got him with his voodoo and the clone liquid... do you think Ken-chan could still fight minus a few organs? Who do you think would win?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenpachi vs Szayel?

Szayel, now you mention the whole organ thing. If it wasn't for that though, Kenpachi would SO beat Szayel's ass.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, obviously :/ On his own, with no tricks up his sleeve, I'd say Szayel is fairly weak. I don't think he'd be an Espada purely on physical strength and fighting skill alone. Having said that, if he managed to catch Kenpachi out... made a few clones, crushed some organs... then I dunno.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think, he could ever get kenpachi into the flower to make a doll, most likely at the moment of being caught he would slice right trough it and get free in no time, also the clones cannot stand releasing a lot of reiatsu so the would explode as soon as kenpachi take off his patch

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi doesn't have bankai to nullify, so that's one ability down. Similarly, Kenpachi's not a woman, so he can't be reborn. ALl that's left is the organ voodoo doll, but I'm pretty sure Kenpachi could brute force his way out of it.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    Kenpachi doesn't have bankai to nullify, so that's one ability down. Similarly, Kenpachi's not a woman, so he can't be reborn. ALl that's left is the organ voodoo doll, but I'm pretty sure Kenpachi could brute force his way out of it.
    I don't think the host has to be female; Szayel implants a portion of himself inside and then tears his way out. But I agree with you overall.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ozehro's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

this is tough. if szayels abilities are kido in nature then I think kenpachi
    would win, since he has such insane reiatsu.
    but if not then szayel would win.

*Predictions:*
    |Ulquiorra was the only VL under Aizen|
    |Aizen is not the last villain in Bleach|
    |Use the espada sig and Credit Geoff|

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that's the age old reiatsu-difference argument in bleach.

Can a guy like Kenpachi overcome unique (basically underhanded is what I'm getting at) with just his sheer reiatsu?

Examples:
    -If Kira fought Kenpachi, would his doubling ability work?

-If Mayuri drew blood with his shikai on Kenpachi, or used the poison breath/gas on him, would it work?

-If Zommari casted Amor on Kenpachi's head, would it work?

Etc. etc., makes me wonder if his voodoo organ doll would work on Kenpachi.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, for grants organ doll ability to work, he has to catch kempachi and then create the doll. Kempachi's sheer power could be enough to to completely destroy any tentacle that tries to catch him IMHO. Once that is out, he can just go for the kill.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Aonsaithya's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    Yep, that's the age old reiatsu-difference argument in bleach.

Can a guy like Kenpachi overcome unique (basically underhanded is what I'm getting at) with just his sheer reiatsu?

Examples:
    -If Kira fought Kenpachi, would his doubling ability work?

-If Mayuri drew blood with his shikai on Kenpachi, or used the poison breath/gas on him, would it work?

-If Zommari casted Amor on Kenpachi's head, would it work?

Etc. etc., makes me wonder if his voodoo organ doll would work on Kenpachi.
    I could certainly see it happening, Kenpachi is in a pinch and breaks free just thanks to his massive reiatsu, just like in the Bount filler (not saying it was canon). The strong guys need a some sort of defense against all the cheap hax-like abilities thing is, are we ever going to see it happen?

While I could see it happening, I feel that Kenpachi would be a goner in two of the three situations you listed. He might still be able to defeat Kira since multiplied sword weight only makes his attacks hurt more (the man kicked Tousen through a building, he can handle several times extra weight), and I doubt Kira could block even his regular-weight sword, not to mention one that's a few times heavier.
    Disbelief, Despair & Hatred.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner hiei1290's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenpachi vs Szayel

I'm serious when I say this:
    Kenpachi would totally forget about Szayel after seeing all the clones of himself. He would then have all the clones 1on1 each other, leaving Szayel very frustrated and angry.

When Szayel tries to intervene, all the Kenpachis tear him to shreds, then continue fighting: Kenpachi wins!

Without clones, Kenpachi kendos Szayel before he releases, since he wants to 'end this boring fight, this guy isn't even using his sword, what's the fun in this?'.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuranzyan's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi would hack off Szayel's head before the latter could even react. Szayel talks way, way too much. Kenpachi isn't the type to listen to other people, and even though he might walk in a trap for the fun of it, he's not stupid enough to give Szayel enough time to crush his organs.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member InnerHollow's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep thinking that Kenny would finish him quickly and tell him how weak he is. My only worry would be that he might let Szayel attack him first by saying he is giving him a head start or go very easy cuz he doesn't want the fight to end so quickly. Though like many others said if he were to get trapped he would probably be able to get out of it just using his spiritual pressure and freakish strength. Example: Against Tosen's cheapness bankai and that fight in that filler arc against the shinigami that trapper him in a light prison.

New Reply