Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aizen's Zanpakutou

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member R4zr's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen's Zanpakutou

There goes again the question..we all know that bankai increases the power of shikai by 5-10 times...then just what can be stronger than Aizen's shikai, also called "The Matrix"? Your thoughts on this matter are welcomed.
    So keep the blood in your head and keep your feet on the ground
    If today's the day it gets tired, today's the day we drop out
    Gave up my body and bed, all for an empty hotel
    Wasting words on lower cases and capitals.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rotten The Wizard's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aizen's Bankai

Aizens Shikai is a hypnosis. His bankai however....the ability to control people? That would be the next logical stage in his theme.
    Horrendous are the days that I ravage these seas!

One Piece is the most epic manga out, I kid you not.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yakedo-Tenchou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've oddly enough had this feeling for a while that what he says is his Shikai is actually his Bankai. Kanzen Saimin seems like an ability that is itself on the level of a Bankai. He can control everything the enemy sees, tastes, smells, and probably hears. And his release command seems more like Tousen's "Smash his limbs!" thing. "Shatter," which breaks his illusion. I can't think of anything better than indirectly influencing someone's actions than controlling them which seems overpowered.

And another thing, I've noticed that his Shikai doesn't transform which is extremely rare in the series. Yamamoto's turns into a blade of flames, Kyouraku's and Ukitake's split into two... Almost every Shikai except Tousen's and Komamura's transforms in some way as far as I know. And if you look at them even further, when they release their Bankais, their swords yet again don't change. Could that signify something?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ren Boy-'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The illusions become the reality. Basically Aizen can do what ever he wants lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Aizen's bankai may be like Soi fon's. His bankai's ability may be barely related to his shikai's ability.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen's bankai makes him split into multiple copies. All with the same power and abilities as the original.

Would make sense since he is horribly outnumbered right now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judau Ashta View Post
    Aizen's bankai makes him split into multiple copies. All with the same power and abilities as the original.

Would make sense since he is horribly outnumbered right now.
    Kagebushin no Jotsu ?

I dont think that his Bankai is related to his shikai - i think its something total different....but of course powerful.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think complete control of people surpasses the line of hax. I mean, at least "complete hypnosis" does have some level of weaknesses to it, and it can be "sensed" apparantly. Also, creating tangible situations (Aka, illusions becoming reality) definetly is way too hax as well, "hey, I think I'll imagine a blackhole right now!"

1) kyokasuigetsu means something like Flower mirror Water moon. Well, a mirror reflects a flower, and the water reflects the moon. So, from this, I think a bankai could multiply physical copies of him by at least two, with all of his abilities and everything. It'd be pretty damn hard to fight three, let alone one, Aizen with his abilities.

2) Perhaps his zanpaktou's name means it reflects other things? If so, I think another possible power would be that it materializes his target's zanpaktou. This could mean if they are materialized they can't use the full extent of their abilities, or the actual spirit could turn on them (while they still maintain their abilities). If it made a bunch of sword spirits on his side that would certaintly even numbers out.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yakedo-Tenchou View Post
    I've oddly enough had this feeling for a while that what he says is his Shikai is actually his Bankai. Kanzen Saimin seems like an ability that is itself on the level of a Bankai. He can control everything the enemy sees, tastes, smells, and probably hears.
    Not probably, it does affect your hearing.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member TheLoneWarrior222's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen's Ban Kai is called "I Win". Once he releases he wins at everything, all the time, forever. Different cards, everytime, he still wins.
    Last edited by TheLoneWarrior222; July 10, 2009 at 06:22 PM.

Hey Bub, why so serious?

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Obscenity's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it'll clone not him, but his opponents, forcing them to fight themselves. It'd help explain why he never seems perturbed no mater how outnumbered he appears to be. It would be a perfect way for him to turn his enemies' strength into his own. I just wonder if the "evil twins" will have mustaches or not...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to beat 'complete hypnosis', but I think it would be cool his bankai gave him some kind of Shang Tsung (MK II) ability to steal his opponent's power, letting him fully mimic their zanpakuto.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Keiji's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Obscenity View Post
    I think it'll clone not him, but his opponents, forcing them to fight themselves. It'd help explain why he never seems perturbed no mater how outnumbered he appears to be. It would be a perfect way for him to turn his enemies' strength into his own. I just wonder if the "evil twins" will have mustaches or not...
    Well, that ability has already been taken. Remember WAYY back with that crazy espada that Captain Kurotsuchi killed? (I believe his name was Szayel Aporro Granz if I'm not mistaken) he dispensed a liquid that made an exact clone with the same abilities and stuff. I don't think that tite would use the same ability twice, especially for a character as big as Aizen.

Anyway, I believe that his bankai does relate to his shikai. Just like everyone else's.

I.E - Captain Komamura, Kurotsuchi, Ichigo, Renji, Byakuya, Tosen, Soifon..ect

But the thing is, I don't know what could be better than 'complete hypnoses' since it is "Complete"

Its hard to take a guess at something like that..

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I'm not usually one who speculates about characters' unrevealed bankais unless they seem like something fairly predictable. And Aizen's is a hard one to crack, one I never would have thought I'd theorize about. But I was just thinking now, and somehow, it hit me. Maybe his bankai gives him some sort of abilities of a "god." Now, I know his shikai isn't related to that on the surface, being for purposes of deception. But it does allow him to play God, to manipulate people to do what he wants them to do in order to play into his grand scheme, so you might think of it relating in that sense. And of course, we all know Aizen pretty much has a god complex.

And when I look at all that as Aizen's theme as a character, and look at his analysis of Orihime's abilities, it makes me think of a possible scenario. What if he knew what Orihime's Shun Shun Rika's abilities were (phenomenon/event rejection/negation) not because he's just an incredible genius with amazing perceptive abilities as one might think on the surface, but because he himself is able to create phenomenons/events with the unsealed state of his zanpakuto, his bankai (I'm not sure exactly how something like that would work, and obviously it would have limitations [i.e., he couldn't just activate his bankai and decide "the enemies before me will die," and they drop dead lickety-split; it can't be overpowered in such a stupid way] just like Orihime's abilities have limitations to what and how much they can do [though obviously Aizen's bankai would be more capable than her abilities are now]).

He said that Orihime's power encroaches on God's territory. What if he meant himself as much as he meant a hypothetical "God?" He said she could overturn decisions handed down by God Himself. Again, what if he was half-referring to himself and to his power, in a twisted, amalgamative statement from both the logical (God being a hypothetical, supernatural being) and fantastic (himself being he who is and will be God) parts of his mind? What if his reason for kidnapping Orihime and doing something to her (whatever that was), was to try to keep her from becoming a threat to him, or to use her for his own ends (or both). That would be from the logical part of his mind. Then maybe in a sick, twisted way he really does even want to make her his "bride" as some have theorized. Maybe in the course of enacting his ambitions to rise to deity, along came Orihime into the picture, and on seeing her powers, he both wanted to keep her from being used against him, and wanted to make her his, as though he made the connection that it was fated for him to be with the only woman who could be at odds with and compliment his power (the power of God as he sees it) simultaneously, in the same way a woman's traits are at odds with and compliment a man's traits simultaneously. As though she was his fated, divine companion. That would be from the demented, fantastic part of his mind.

So, by this theory, his bankai would create or set in motion a phenomenon, a happening, would "make it so." And Orihime's ability directly defies his, is there for no other purpose than to "make it not so."

Obviously this is a reeeaaally loose theory, and almost as loose of a concept, but the more I think about it, the more I want it to be something along the lines of this. It'd be so fitting for a villain like Aizen.
    Last edited by JP_Russell; July 13, 2009 at 02:59 AM.

18. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

^Very nice post. Great theory.

I've been thinking about the not-yet-shown Bankais aswell, but Aizen's is undoubtedly the most difficult to imagine. As others have stated, his Shikai is already so incredible, how could his Bankai possibly improve upon it? The way I see it, there are several plausible theories:

1) Aizen's Bankai creates a whole illusionary world in the mind of anyone who sees it. This certainly fits with the theme of Kyouka Suigetsu, allowing Aizen to take full control of everything his enemies experience. While I do like this theory, it seems a bit too predictable; it would basically be an upgraded hypnosis, nothing special (well, it would still be amazing, but you know what I mean). A highly powerful technique from his Shikai might be capable of doing the very same thing.

2) Making illusions a reality. Basically what JP_russel said above. I agree that it would definitely make Aizen feel like a god, but it would obviously be limited. The question is: how would it work exactly? Let's take Grimmjow's arm as an example: Orihime rejected the fact that Grimmjow's arm was gone; in this theory, Aizen would've been able to will a new arm into existence. So basically, Aizen can cause certain events to become real whereas Orihime can reject anything that happens, able to undo whatever it is that Aizen creates. (in an odd parallel, this would technically make Orihime a destroyer and Aizen a creator)

3) My personal theory: Aizen's Bankai influences fate itself. Rather than just create something from nothing, Aizen's Bankai manipulates the whole world slightly to his will. Things like chance and luck would favour Aizen, because his Bankai allows him to manipulate fate and design his own future. I think this sticks with the theme of Kyouka Suigetsu aswell, because he uses those illusions to manipulate everyone around him. It would fit with his desire to become a god, guiding the whole world to his will. This would also explain why Aizen is so incredibly arrogant and never worried: whatever happens, he can just use his Bankai to literally 'get lucky'. Of course, those abilities would still be limited, so he can't use it to take on the whole of Soul Society on his own, for example.

I personally opt for options 2 and 3.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast