Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: ghostexiled's yaoi thread

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What became of that exiled ghost?

Now that I have earned my brownies... does anyone else have anything I can do for them? :P

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Heya, ghostie! My promised post, which also comes with a glomp.

A few questions for ya:

When and how did you get into manga/anime?
    Any plans to try out some shoujo? If no, why not?
    What kind of music do you like? Any favorite artists in particular?

Hmmm.... I think that'll do for now. More later.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    Heya, ghostie! My promised post, which also comes with a glomp.

A few questions for ya:

When and how did you get into manga/anime?
    Any plans to try out some shoujo? If no, why not?
    What kind of music do you like? Any favorite artists in particular?

Hmmm.... I think that'll do for now. More later.
    Glomps are always welcomed!

well let's see... I got into anime first and it was Dragonball when I was 16 years old. I continued for a good while only watching anime, until sometime during college I learned that some anime was based off manga so I started to read the mangas to the shows that I was currently watching (Bleach, Naruto and One Piece)

I am sorry... what is shoujo exactly? I know shonen and seinen... but outside those 2 I have not really gotten into. I am not against new stuff, I just know there are tons of stuff out there... so I usually stick to stuff that I am familiar with. Boring I know! But if there is anything that anybody is willing to recommend, I am willing to take a peek!

I do have to say I really have never gotten into mech based stories... but there have been exceptions to this. Full Metal Panic, I absolutely love! There are a few others that I have liked but can't seem to remember their names at the moment...

Music... I like all kinds really, but nothing too the extreme of any genres. ex: Gangsta rap - I like hip-hop more and Heavy metal - I like just rock.

Right now I just got into Elbow, they are an indie group from England. I also like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Queens of the Stone Age and Method Man & Redman... at the moment.
    Last edited by ghostexiled; August 23, 2009 at 06:09 AM.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

hello, ghost

Is there any story behind your nick?
    Where exactly do you live in the US?
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Shoujo is THE genre to read when it comes to manga. Everything that's not super mainstream yet mindblowing comes from that genre...Oh, apart from School Days... it's sick!!!!!! Shoujo manga is manga aimed to the female audience at the age of like... 12-18 (something like that) and it's often either drama, romance and/or comedy. It circulates around a girl and how she things, with one or more beautiful (fan-service) male character(s) that circulates around her. It's drawn in a way to attract the female audience with a lot of work done on the males to make them look hawt but also at the girls for equalizing the beauty-aspects.

Nevertheless....

It owns :x

Read Skip Beat, Fruits Basket and Ouran High!!! NOW!!!!!

I haven't found this question here yet so I'll ask, what ARE you currently reading? (genre wise)?
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    hello, ghost

Is there any story behind your nick?
    Where exactly do you live in the US?
    Hello, koenosaki!

the story behind my nickname... hrmmmm. Well it comes from several different places actually.

Ghost - comes from me being kinda on the pale side, I can't get a decent tan to save my life! Also, when I was younger I was kinda like a ghost... few people paid attention to me and I stayed out of the path of the "All seeing eye"!

Exiled - comes from always coming and going from places... I moved around a lot when I was younger. So it also felt that I was being exiled to a new place when I was younger.

I live in Kansas City, Missouri. I am desperately trying to leave... it sucks here! I need/want to travel more... Japan is in my cross hairs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    I haven't found this question here yet so I'll ask, what ARE you currently reading? (genre wise)?
    Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tale, DGM, Gantz, Psyren and Reborn. So Shonen and Seinen.

I am breezing thru Rave Master right now in my spare time.

I need to start FMA, I watched their first go thru of it and found out they went away from the manga half way thru it. I am also watching the new one that is suppose to be more faithful the manga.

I have to go record saying that do know about a ton more series out there... I have watched their respective animes, I just have not gotten around to reading their respective mangas.

But Blai, I will fo sho check out those Shoujo that you recommended me!
    Last edited by ghostexiled; August 23, 2009 at 06:47 PM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    Glomps are always welcomed!
    How about another? Hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled
    well let's see... I got into anime first and it was Dragonball when I was 16 years old. I continued for a good while only watching anime, until sometime during college I learned that some anime was based off manga so I started to read the mangas to the shows that I was currently watching (Bleach, Naruto and One Piece)
    Nice. ^^ I think Dragonball was the first anime for a lot of people around here. I was a bit of a late bloomer entering into the otaku world, so I've never seen/read it. I started out with Inuyasha instead. I found anime on adult swim and then eventually made my way to manga after I discovered its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostie
    I am sorry... what is shoujo exactly? I know shonen and seinen... but outside those 2 I have not really gotten into. I am not against new stuff, I just know there are tons of stuff out there... so I usually stick to stuff that I am familiar with. Boring I know! But if there is anything that anybody is willing to recommend, I am willing to take a peek!
    It seems Blai already explained shoujo pretty well, but yeah, you should really give it a try (I was hesitant to branch out as well, so don't feel bad ). It's good if you're in the mood for something sweet or angsty/dramatic (depending on the series you choose). I'd personally say to give NANA a try if you're looking for something on the more angsty side (plenty of comedy in here, too) or Kimi ni Todoke for something a little lighter on the drama.

I do have to say I really have never gotten into mech based stories... but there have been exceptions to this. Full Metal Panic, I absolutely love! There are a few others that I have liked but can't seem to remember their names at the moment...
    Yep, I'm the same way. Not big into mecha, but I've run into a few that I really liked. Code Geass, for example, was awesome but I found myself bored and spacing out a lot during the mecha scenes.

Music... I like all kinds really, but nothing too the extreme of any genres. ex: Gangsta rap - I like hip-hop more and Heavy metal - I like just rock.

Right now I just got into Elbow, they are an indie group from England. I also like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Queens of the Stone Age and Method Man & Redman... at the moment.
    Rock would be my preferred music as well. ^^ Love QOTSA! They were veeery disappointing live, though. Saw them a few years back -- and maybe I caught them on a bad day -- but Josh Homme sounded like crap.

Hmmm.... more questions.... What's your favorite food? Do you have any guilty pleasures?
    Last edited by igotthegoods; August 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How about another? Hehe...
    Keep em coming... no complaints here!

Hmmm.... more questions.... What's your favorite food? Do you have any guilty pleasures?
    Favorites food... wow, lets see here... I like all kinds really! But if I had to pick, I would say that I am a steak and potato kinda man. I was raised in the country, so I am a carnivore!

Guilty pleasures would have to be... I am a sucker for chick flicks and romantic comedies! But don't tell anyone!

Also I like emotional stuff (very unmanly) "Wolf's Rain" had me crying like a baby at the end of that flipping series!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorites food... wow, lets see here... I like all kinds really! But if I had to pick, I would say that I am a steak and potato kinda man. I was raised in the country, so I am a carnivore!

Mmmhmm, me too. I could never be a vegetarian. I don't know how people do it. Seriously.

Guilty pleasures would have to be... I am a sucker for chick flicks and romantic comedies! But don't tell anyone!

Also I like emotional stuff (very unmanly) "Wolf's Rain" had me crying like a baby at the end of that flipping series!
    You like chick flicks, eh? Then what's your favorite... *thinking of stereotypical chick flick actor/actress*.... Meg Ryan movie? No wait! Your favorite Hugh Grant movie?

J/k, I actually think it's good if you're in touch with your emotional side. And now I'm more convinced than ever that you need to try some shoujo!

So, being serious this time, what *are* some of your all-time favorite movies?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No wait! Your favorite Hugh Grant movie?
    It is funny you should say him... one of all my time favorites is "About a Boy".

So, being serious this time, what *are* some of your all-time favorite movies?
    Well as mentioned above, About a Boy... would be one of them.

Lost in Translation, Garden State, Equilibrium, Groundhog Day, Leon the Professional, Last Samurai, Memoirs of a Geisha and pretty much all of Satoshi Kon's movies.

I use to work at Blockbuster for 4 years... so I have seen aloooooooooooot of movies and there are alooooooooooot that I like. But these are some that stand out, that I can remember at the moment!
    Last edited by ghostexiled; September 03, 2009 at 05:21 PM.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmhmm, me too. I could never be a vegetarian. I don't know how people do it. Seriously.
    Same over here. When eating a dish, when looking at my meal (or better when looking at a vegetarian's meal), I always think: meaaaaatttttttttttt (or screw you )

Lost in Translation, Garden State, Equilibrium, Groundhog Day, Leon the Professional, Last Samurai, Memoirs of a Geisha and pretty much all of Satoshi Kon's movies.

I use to work at Blockbuster for 4 years... so I have seen aloooooooooooot of movies and there are alooooooooooot that I like. But these are some that stand out, that I can remember at the moment!
    I liked Memoirs of a Geisha a lot. I have a cool anecdote:
    I watched that movie unintentionally. I remember I saw a cool trailer of another asian movie on TV. I think, it was golden flower, cursed flower, or something like that. I said to some mates: "damned, that movie looks pretty awesome. Chinese war romance/historical movie. Crouching tiger, hidden dragon, hero, etc always cool movies to see those martial arts scenes". They don't love these kind of movies as much as I do, but well I could convince them to watch it in the cinema

You had to see me after the movie. I was so happy I had mistaken myself. I loved the movie and my mates loved it too. I think they happily blamed my mistake

btw, any opinion about crash?
    Last edited by Koen; September 06, 2009 at 05:15 PM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Curse of the Golden Flower that was a really awesome movie, I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    btw, any opinion about crash?
    Crash the movie? Which one?

This one or this one ?

I am sure you mean the first one, if so... yeah I liked that movie! The other one was a bit too weird for me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hdiuy's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, care to list your top 10 manga that you're currently reading? I figured Bleach must be high on your list since you had an avatar of Ichigo, but then again since Reborn isn't my number 1 even though its in my signature. So yea.
    Last edited by hdiuy; November 08, 2009 at 05:01 AM.
    ..: The night is forever old :..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdiuy View Post
    Just curious, care to list your top 10 manga that you're currently reading? I figured Bleach must be high on your list since you had an avatar of Ichigo, but then again since Reborn isn't my number 1 even though its in my signature. So yea.
    Haha... first let me thank you for coming to this thread and asking me stuff! I do follow Bleach, but it is not my favorite anymore. I just thought that when Ichigo released into his new form a while back, I thought it was really cool... so I drew my interpretation of him.

anyway, my top mangas right now are (as in which I find really rolling with the greatness at the moment)

1. One Piece
    2. Psyren
    3. Reborn
    4. D. Gray Man
    5. Naruto
    6. Fairy Tale
    7. Gantz
    8. Bleach

I would put Gintama for #4, but I was late to that manga and there is like 10 or so chapters around the 60th chapters that have not been scanned and translated... so I am stuck until that changes!

That is all at the moment... I suck at finding more and interesting manga to read. I just finished Rave and I am currently catching up with Berserk and Blade of the Immortal.

Like I have said, I am always looking for new suggestion!

btw, call me an idiot... but who is that in your avatar? Is is Hibari?
    Last edited by ghostexiled; November 09, 2009 at 12:17 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hdiuy's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Nice. *high five* we both like One Piece as our #1. Oh and that drawing was really nice.
    I'm a sucker when it comes to manga cause i don't really read much mangas. I think mainly its because i can't appreciate humour in manga, so i can't really suggest any manga to you. Well other then Samurai X and death note ,since you didn't mention here so i assume either you finished it or you didn't read it. Flame of Recca too, though i watched the anime instead of reading the manga.

Actually the guy in the avatar is the lead character in Persona 3. You're the 2nd person who said that it looks like Hibari. I first got it from a friend on MSN who said that the character was Hibari.She supposedly got the avatar after she googled Hibari. After looking at it after having it i realised that it wasn't Hibari. It was untill i saw someone with the same character as his avatar then i asked that person who the the character was. And thus that's how i knew it was the lead character from Persona 3. Its kind of ironic huh.
    Last edited by hdiuy; November 09, 2009 at 07:42 AM.
    ..: The night is forever old :..

New Reply
Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast