Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harribel

51 52.58%
  • Soi Fon

46 47.42%
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Harribel vs Soi Fon

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Izkity's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Harribel vs Soi Fon

This is the match-up I originally wanted to see happen in Karakura. But who do you think would win? I'd go into detail but I'm running short on time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harribel vs Soi Fon

Soi Fon for a few reasons.

1st I'll probably be the only one fighting her corner and the girl needs some love lol.
    2nd Hallibell isnt all that fast and doesnt have any way to keep soi fon away from her like Barragan can so presumably soi fon might be able to kill her in Shikai(oh yes i know sacreledge a captain killing the vaunted espada in shikai).

People keep whining about how Hitsugaya is only surviving Hallibell because he got the Exact opponent thats good for him and that Hallibell would look good if she got anyone else but that also applied for soi fon. She'd be a beast against ANYONE else but Barragan she just got paired with the worst possible opponent.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ANYONE else?

How about Yoruichi? Her in shikai couldn't take on Yoruichi without a zanpakutou, and her shunko also paled in comparison to Yoruichi.

I'd reckon that other speedsters like Byakuya, Ichigo, and Ulquiorra wouldn't have much a problem with her either.

Spoiler show

Plus, I'd consider that pretty decent speed.

Add to the fact that her water attacks can't be negated by freezing, and I'd give Halibel the win. Soi Fon hasn't shown us anything impressive so far besides her 2hko shikai, but even that+shunko couldn't take down Yoruichi.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    ANYONE else?

How about Yoruichi? Her in shikai couldn't take on Yoruichi without a zanpakutou, and her shunko also paled in comparison to Yoruichi.

I'd reckon that other speedsters like Byakuya, Ichigo, and Ulquiorra wouldn't have much a problem with her either.

Add to the fact that her water attacks can't be negated by freezing, and I'd give Halibel the win. Soi Fon hasn't shown us anything impressive so far besides her 2hko shikai, but even that+shunko couldn't take down Yoruichi.
    Ok, but this was Yoruichi she was dealing with. The God of Flash, and even she got hit in a bunch of places. If Soi Fon used Shunko against Harribel, i'd say it'd be easy to avoid some water guns and hydro pumps. She could even pull out some bakudo's, which we know she can use.

I'm pretty sure she's tied with byakuya in speed. As for Ulquiorra...well its Ulquiorra, he can wreck Vizard Ichigo ezpk.
    Last edited by Zatono; July 11, 2009 at 05:23 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How are you so sure she could avoid the water attacks, and how do you know the bakudo's would be enough to hold her down when the ice obelisk failed?
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How are you so sure she could avoid the water attacks, and how do you know the bakudo's would be enough to hold her down when the ice obelisk failed?
    Because if Hitsu , who I assume isn't as fast as Soi Fon, can put his sword up in time to turn water to ice, then I'm pretty sure that Shunpo'ing away from the water wouldn't be that much of an issue. As for the bakudo's, I'm not saying it'd hold her down indefinitely, just that it could buy her some time. to 2HKO?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the difference though, for Hitsu, as soon as he sees the attack, he can freeze it, the fact remains that Soi Fon has to not only dodge Halibel's water attacks, but also manage to work her way up close, which Halibel won't make easy if she spams water attacks.

Also, even if she does get up close, Halibel's not exactly a shabby close range fighter from what she did to Hitsu.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Soi Fon would win. If she can keep Yoruichi on the defensive most their battle, using her speed and shikai, she probably could beat Halibel.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Soi Fon vs Youroichi is a poor example to be quite honest.

It's a psychological battle on Soi Fon's part, she'd be fighting her old master/idol. Regardless if she believes in upholding justice or wants to surpass her, psychologically I'm guessing she COULDN'T go all out on Youroichi.

I mean, if Soi Fon was serious she would have gone ALL OUT, bankai, "death in two steps", etc. And even at the end she broke down, crying. Youroichi was the worst possible opponent 1) Because she's pretty much a more experienced/better Soi Fon, and 2) She couldn't go all out.

As for Soi Fon vs Halibel, this is the match up I wanted too.

I'd give it to Halibel.

1) Unless soi Fon was uber fast/reactive, she'd have a hard time evading that "air cut".

2) She may be able to avoid the water attacks, but we know Halibal hasn't gone all out yet. And she does have an attack to fire in rapid succession (La Gota?).

3) MAYBE her bankai could do it in, assuming it's explosion does something/it has an after effect/her bankai does more. Halibal didn't show any defensive moves.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Soi Fon, if she is able to use her "Death in Two Strikes" technique. She is also much more adept in close combat than Hitsugaya is, and the reason why she was overpowered by Barragan was because his "age" technique prevented her from so.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner hiei1290's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to point out something there, Soifon was faster than Yoruichi throughout the entirety of their fight, and she only stopped because Yoruichi showed Shunko.

The same RUSTY Yoruichi also sped past Byukuya WHILE carrying Ichigo.

I don't see where you get the impression that Byukuya could outspeed Soifon.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, having seen the damage Soi Fon's bankai did to Barragan and Hachi's eEPIC barrier AND how shocked Hachi was at its power considering he hangs out with the VAIZARD-at least four of which (Shinji, Kensei, Love and Rose) should have the power to curbstomp Hallibell in seconds flat, my belief that soi fon would win has since increased.

First:

she is by far faster than Hallibell. As someone up there pointed out she was actually faster than yoruichi-yoruichi was just better at shunko. Since this implies she is also faster than byakuya, who can keep up with the fastest espada it would seem to establish as near as possible as fact that Soi Fon is much, much faster than Hallibell.

With that premise, she could conceivably dispatch Hallibell with her shikai alone-lets not forget Barragan is the only person she couldnt do that to.

Now seeg her bankai and her ability with bakudo it seems a fairly simple thing of hitting Hallibell with some bakudo to kepe her in place for a sec and then Hitting her with her bankai attack. On the latest evidence I really dont think Hallibell could survive it. I dont think we've seen anything in bleach that matches it for pure distructive force.

The obelisk didnt fail-she didnt break out on her own power or else she would have done it without waiting to see what would happen. she was rescued by WW.
    Last edited by Mifune_Taichou; August 21, 2009 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Halibel wins because her boobs are bigger.

j/k

I vote Soi Fon. She has a freaking nuclear missile. I find it hard to believe that Halibel can pull something out from her hot *** that can deal with that.

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ozehro's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

you don't think harribel can dodge the missile?
    also that bankai is extremely risky. she can only do it once every
    threedays. oh wait she found a way to do it twice.
    guess she could even do more as long as that's what's required
    to beat the enemy. not so sweet deus ex machina.

*Predictions:*
    |Ulquiorra was the only VL under Aizen|
    |Aizen is not the last villain in Bleach|
    |Use the espada sig and Credit Geoff|

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

She could barely even stand after two, though granted she was pretty tired after the first one too so it may be just needing a breather sort of thing.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast