Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 54 of 54

Thread: If you were Yama, who would you have sent to Hueco Mundo?

  1. #46
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If you were Yama, who would you have sent to Hueco Mundo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mifune_Taichou View Post
    I agree but I think Unohana is too valuable to SS to risk like that.
    Yama was not risking her, after all he has been with her for centuries so he knows what he is capable of. He wanted to make sure tha there is not only a powerful healer but also a powerful fighter too

  2. #47
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If you were Yama, who would you have sent to Hueco Mundo?

    Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Exactly, which is why it is so similar to the pendulum arc. Either Unohana or the kido chief would have to go as you need a superb healer, who can escort injured people safely.

    Either the Kido chief right now is rubbish or they don't exist. Or most likely, Unohana is just way more capable. The captains had to retrieve all the shinigami/humans from HM and bring them back safe. Nothing does that better than the flying monster thing. Not to mention Unohana can absolutely take care of herself AND anyone she is with.

    If only we knew who the Kido chief was.
    While it is possible that the Kidou Corps may not have yet replaced Tessai and even Hachigen, there are other reasons as to why someone from the Kidou Corps probably wouldn't be sent. The main reason is that this rescue mission doesn't seem to be something that the Kidou Corps would normally handle. This mission has Gotei 13 written all over it.

    From what little we know about the Kidou Corps, it is a secretive entity that exists separately from the other branches of Soul Society's armed forces, and it apparently deals with a select set of affairs. The rescue mission to save Ichigo and friends is not something that would justify the Kidou Corps getting involved unlike the situation a hundred years ago when an unknown phenomenon was plaguing Soul Society.

    There is nothing highly abnormal involved in the rescue mission. It was just a mission to get Ichigo and friends out of HM quickly and safely. The Kidou Corps isn't responsible for general protection of humans and souls; that is the responsibility of Gotei 13. Just like we could query why the Kidou Corps didn't handle this rescue mission, we could also query why the Covert Ops didn't handle this mission, and the reason is that this mission didn't fall under their jurisdiction.

    So, while the Kidou Corps member probably could have been of use on this mission, one shouldn't expect them to be summoned for something like this.

  3. #48
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    17,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If you were Yama, who would you have sent to Hueco Mundo?

    The kido corps were sent before because their ability with kido could prove useful in enexpected situations. Yamamoto did not sent them as a replacement for healers. On the other hand, healers were needed in this backup mission so unohana for reasons I have already mentioned was the best and only choice for the job.

  4. #49
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If you were Yama, who would you have sent to Hueco Mundo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mifune_Taichou View Post
    I know it sounds weird but Hitsu said he needs/can use water in the atmosphere to reforge his bankai and we know for a fact there is no water in HM.
    He can probably use the Reshi particles to create water. And considering that the Reshi particles are abundant in HM, it would be a simple task for Hitsugaya.
    http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/ch...2/page005.html
    Anyway I'd send

    Everyone Yamma sent accept Isane. I think its a bad idea to send the Captain and Vice Captain of the Medical Corp to the same location. Also, I would have sent about a thousand fodder Shinigami including a sizeable detatchment of the Medical Corp. Then send 1400 Shinigami including Isane
    to FKT, the remaining 1500 would remain at SS, led by the Kidou Captain.
    Shodai Mizukage-dono

  5. #50
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    17,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If you were Yama, who would you have sent to Hueco Mundo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u View Post
    Everyone Yamma sent accept Isane. I think its a bad idea to send the Captain and Vice Captain of the Medical Corp to the same location. Also, I would have sent about a thousand fodder Shinigami including a sizeable detatchment of the Medical Corp. Then send 1400 Shinigami including Isane
    to FKT, the remaining 1500 would remain at SS, led by the Kidou Captain.
    That would probably be a bad idea IMO. A menos is a creature which only elite shinigami can fight with. In each division there are 18 seated officers which are considered elite(captains and VC not include). That means that only 234 shinigami in SS can fight at least on par with a menos. Someone told me the manga stated only 5th seats and up could defeat menos but I have never been able to confirm it. If that is true then the number of shinigami who can fight menos is even smaller. Las noches has been implied hundreds of incomplete arrancar(which are stronger than menos as GF proved), at least 88 numeros and fraccion(numbers go from 11 to 99) then there are privaron espada and finally the espada.

    In that sense the sheer military power las noches has should be superior to the one SS has at the moment. Even then, fighting with anything less than a espada is absurd given the absurd power difference between the captains and the menos so far. Invading las noches in the way you suggest would have been a terrible idea IMO.

  6. #51
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If you were Yama, who would you have sent to Hueco Mundo?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    That would probably be a bad idea IMO. A menos is a creature which only elite shinigami can fight with. In each division there are 18 seated officers which are considered elite(captains and VC not include). That means that only 234 shinigami in SS can fight at least on par with a menos. Someone told me the manga stated only 5th seats and up could defeat menos but I have never been able to confirm it. If that is true then the number of shinigami who can fight menos is even smaller. Las noches has been implied hundreds of incomplete arrancar(which are stronger than menos as GF proved), at least 88 numeros and fraccion(numbers go from 11 to 99) then there are privaron espada and finally the espada.

    In that sense the sheer military power las noches has should be superior to the one SS has at the moment. Even then, fighting with anything less than a espada is absurd given the absurd power difference between the captains and the menos so far. Invading las noches in the way you suggest would have been a terrible idea IMO.
    Hundreds of Incomplete Arrancar? I don't know about that. But then again you could be right. However I'm sure a dozen foddergami could take down a Menos. Not to mention Captains could dice through those Incomplete Arrancar like fodder.
    Oh Right and in the Anime (I know non-canon) even Hanatarou almost killed a Menos. The way I look at it Shinigami could fight them off using sheer numbers.
    3900
    vs.
    say
    1000
    --
    Also the Gotei 13 are elite Shinigami. The number of actual Shinigami including the other two elite groups, the Kidou Corp, and the Omitsikidou should number at least 10,000. Thats a 10 to 1 ratio.
    I mean look, Karakura town has 100,000 people right. Even if that means that there is 1 Shinigami per 100,000 people, that is still about 60,000 Shinigami. And if its every town has a Shinigami there are 27,000 towns in the U.S. alone, 600,000 towns.
    This isn't even counting the fighters who aren't even seated officers. I mean lets look at Rukia, who isn't even a seated officer (yes I know she's a special case) but at the same time, the four noble families each should have numerous members at Officer level, but are witheld from normal duties due to their status. Another good example is the number of powerful soldiers under the Kasumi-Ojii clan (Yes I know Anime but its rare that we get to see the inner workings of SS in the Manga)
    Also we have
    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Zennosuke_Kurumadani
    This guy not even a seated officer. My point being is that the Gotei 13 shouldn't be underestimated.
    Also
    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Toshimori_Umesada
    The 9th division has 15 20th seats. Aside from VC any position can be shared so there can be numerous seated officers.
    ----
    P.S. lets be honest how awesome would it be to see an all out war in the workings with thousands of combatants.
    Last edited by Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u; August 11, 2009 at 03:08 PM.
    Shodai Mizukage-dono

  7. #52
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    17,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If you were Yama, who would you have sent to Hueco Mundo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u View Post
    Hundreds of Incomplete Arrancar? I don't know about that. But then again you could be right. However I'm sure a dozen foddergami could take down a Menos. Not to mention Captains could dice through those Incomplete Arrancar like fodder.
    Oh Right and in the Anime (I know non-canon) even Hanatarou almost killed a Menos. The way I look at it Shinigami could fight them off using sheer numbers.
    3900
    vs.
    say
    1000
    --
    Also the Gotei 13 are elite Shinigami. The number of actual Shinigami including the other two elite groups, the Kidou Corp, and the Omitsikidou should number at least 10,000. Thats a 10 to 1 ratio.
    I mean look, Karakura town has 100,000 people right. Even if that means that there is 1 Shinigami per 100,000 people, that is still about 60,000 Shinigami. And if its every town has a Shinigami there are 27,000 towns in the U.S. alone, 600,000 towns.
    This isn't even counting the fighters who aren't even seated officers. I mean lets look at Rukia, who isn't even a seated officer (yes I know she's a special case) but at the same time, the four noble families each should have numerous members at Officer level, but are witheld from normal duties due to their status. Another good example is the number of powerful soldiers under the Kasumi-Ojii clan (Yes I know Anime but its rare that we get to see the inner workings of SS in the Manga)
    Also we have
    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Zennosuke_Kurumadani
    This guy not even a seated officer. My point being is that the Gotei 13 shouldn't be underestimated.
    Also
    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Toshimori_Umesada
    The 9th division has 15 20th seats. Aside from VC any position can be shared so there can be numerous seated officers.
    ----
    P.S. lets be honest how awesome would it be to see an all out war in the workings with thousands of combatants.
    I am still inclined to believe las noches is superior in numbers to soul society. At the very least it has a greater number of warriors with power on par or above a gillian(this would include numeros, fraccion, espada, privaron espada and fodder incomplete arrancar as grand fisher)

    I also want to point out that "shinigami" is a title given to the members of the gotei 13. Only the elite are made shinigami but when talking about "elite shinigami" the context changes. The elite shinigami are esentially the seated officers. My point was that even among them the power to fight a gillian seems to be rare.

    Also, the kasumi oji thing, and the hanatarou beating a menos thing, they are all fillers which means they are not cannon and have no impact on the manga whatsoever. As for the 1 shinigami for 50000 thousand people, I would think that is an inconsistensy lol, it makes no sense. We know for a fact that each division has around 200 members. I guess kubo has some explaining to do there lol.

    Also, I am reasonably sure the thing about that guy being a 20th seat along with 15 other guys is a mistake lol.

    A war in the way you suggest would be awesome, that's true but I do think there is a reason for which it has been avoided. Take a look at chad. The guy singlehandedly defeated the entire 11th division (without the top dogs) and yet later on he was easily treated like trash by an unreleased d-roy. D-roy was one of the weakest arrancar to date and probably did not even reach VC level yet chad was incapable of even reacting to him; yet chad defeated around 200 shinigami of the gotei 13 on his own. A war in the way you suggest would be pointless simply because the top dudes around are so insanely strong that they would brush away the thousands of numbers with 1 or 2 attacks. Just imagine byakuya against hundreds of imcomplete arrancar. Just his bankai alone would decimate them without byakuya even making a real effort. same thing would go for an espada. An entire division(save the captain) would be easily defeated by any espada(considering chad was capable of almost that).

  8. #53
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,496
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If you were Yama, who would you have sent to Hueco Mundo?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am still inclined to believe las noches is superior in numbers to soul society. At the very least it has a greater number of warriors with power on par or above a gillian(this would include numeros, fraccion, espada, privaron espada and fodder incomplete arrancar as grand fisher)

    I also want to point out that "shinigami" is a title given to the members of the gotei 13. Only the elite are made shinigami but when talking about "elite shinigami" the context changes. The elite shinigami are esentially the seated officers. My point was that even among them the power to fight a gillian seems to be rare.

    Also, the kasumi oji thing, and the hanatarou beating a menos thing, they are all fillers which means they are not cannon and have no impact on the manga whatsoever. As for the 1 shinigami for 50000 thousand people, I would think that is an inconsistensy lol, it makes no sense. We know for a fact that each division has around 200 members. I guess kubo has some explaining to do there lol.

    Also, I am reasonably sure the thing about that guy being a 20th seat along with 15 other guys is a mistake lol.

    A war in the way you suggest would be awesome, that's true but I do think there is a reason for which it has been avoided. Take a look at chad. The guy singlehandedly defeated the entire 11th division (without the top dogs) and yet later on he was easily treated like trash by an unreleased d-roy. D-roy was one of the weakest arrancar to date and probably did not even reach VC level yet chad was incapable of even reacting to him; yet chad defeated around 200 shinigami of the gotei 13 on his own. A war in the way you suggest would be pointless simply because the top dudes around are so insanely strong that they would brush away the thousands of numbers with 1 or 2 attacks. Just imagine byakuya against hundreds of imcomplete arrancar. Just his bankai alone would decimate them without byakuya even making a real effort. same thing would go for an espada. An entire division(save the captain) would be easily defeated by any espada(considering chad was capable of almost that).
    I hope some more of the top 5 seated officers from different divisions are shown. I would imagine that the seated officers in the first division for example would be pretty powerful. Other than that I pretty much agree with the above.

    Most shinigami are simply fodder...which I think is kind of dumb because, don't they all go through the same Academy? If all Shinigami have to go through the same academy, I don't see why there are such huge gaps in strength because they all received the same training. If that's the case then the academy must be useless, if some 15 year old kuso-gaki like Kurosaki Ichigo can, in a few days, surpass all the weaker shinigami and reach VC level

    They should hire Urahara/Yoruichi to train all new recruits instead. They could probably get most of them to Shikai/Bankai level thousands of years earlier that they ordinarily would. Then you'd have hundreds of shinigami with Bankai, which would greatly increase Seireitei's military capacity.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; August 11, 2009 at 05:47 PM.

  9. #54
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If you were Yama, who would you have sent to Hueco Mundo?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am still inclined to believe las noches is superior in numbers to soul society. At the very least it has a greater number of warriors with power on par or above a gillian(this would include numeros, fraccion, espada, privaron espada and fodder incomplete arrancar as grand fisher)
    Well I consider the Numeros to be the equivalent of the seated officers. Privaron Espada are high Lieutenant level.

    Quote Quote:
    I also want to point out that "shinigami" is a title given to the members of the gotei 13. Only the elite are made shinigami but when talking about "elite shinigami" the context changes. The elite shinigami are esentially the seated officers. My point was that even among them the power to fight a gillian seems to be rare.
    Hm this is true but that dude who replaced Rukia wasn't even a seated officer, and yet he had Shikai. This means that every seated officer has at the very least Shikai, and that puts them on Gillian level. It is true that a Captain-level fighter could obliterate an entire division of the lesser warriors, but I think every shinigami capable of Shikai is capable of posing a moderate threat to a Menos.
    Also remember this guy in the Forest of Menos arc (Yes it is filler but filler made by Kishi himself.)
    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Ashido_Kan%C5%8D

    Quote Quote:
    Also, the kasumi oji thing, and the hanatarou beating a menos thing, they are all fillers which means they are not cannon and have no impact on the manga whatsoever. As for the 1 shinigami for 50000 thousand people, I would think that is an inconsistensy lol, it makes no sense. We know for a fact that each division has around 200 members. I guess kubo has some explaining to do there lol.
    This is where my theory of the lesser Shinigami existing thing goes. I mean the fact that Sado easily blew threw a division is kind of ridiculous. The way I look at it is that the sheer number of Shinigami should be massive. I mean yes Sado's feat of blasting through the eighth division while impressive, makes me think that he happened to have picked the easiest route. I mean, the third seat was there for comic release...the idiot didn't even release his sword XD.
    Quote Quote:
    Also, I am reasonably sure the thing about that guy being a 20th seat along with 15 other guys is a mistake lol.
    Maybe not remember
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/119/07/
    Here's the scan XD
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/119/12/
    Quote Quote:
    A war in the way you suggest would be awesome, that's true but I do think there is a reason for which it has been avoided. Take a look at chad. The guy singlehandedly defeated the entire 11th division (without the top dogs) and yet later on he was easily treated like trash by an unreleased d-roy. D-roy was one of the weakest arrancar to date and probably did not even reach VC level yet chad was incapable of even reacting to him; yet chad defeated around 200 shinigami of the gotei 13 on his own. A war in the way you suggest would be pointless simply because the top dudes around are so insanely strong that they would brush away the thousands of numbers with 1 or 2 attacks. Just imagine byakuya against hundreds of imcomplete arrancar. Just his bankai alone would decimate them without byakuya even making a real effort. same thing would go for an espada. An entire division(save the captain) would be easily defeated by any espada(considering chad was capable of almost that).
    This is true but I think some of the dudes he pwnd weren't even full Shinigami. I mean this guy's Zanpaktou bent XD
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/102/13/
    The Academy Momo and CO had better showings than he did.
    Shodai Mizukage-dono

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts