Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who would win....

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Isshin Kurosaki

18 78.26%
  • Ichigo Kurosaki

5 21.74%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ichigo vs Isshin

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo vs Isshin

Something that would be cool is if Isshin gets more developed through out the series, I'd personally like to see him fight with Ichigo. You figure they wouldn't fight as enemies obviously but it would be more for training purposes. You figure when Ichigo is home with him, Isshin tries to get competitive with him so I can see some good combat taking place between them. Isshin trying to challenge his son and the two of them going all out as far as possible without killing each other just because it was fun . So if this battle was ever to take place, who do you guys think would come on top. The more experience father who appears to have been of Captain lvl (possibly higher) in his hay day yet has not taken part in any extensive combat for several years and may still be rusty or Ichigo who is a Vaizard and is constantly growing in powers and abilitites yet he doesn't have the experience that Isshin has had.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo vs Isshin

experience means crap in bleach.

And we haven't even seen Isshin fight yet.....nonetheless do much of anything except swing his sword at grandfisher.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Katz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if I'm wrong...but Do we even know what Isshin is capable of....I know he's a former captain and all...but besides that, do we know anything else >>

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No we don't, but even so its something I'd be curious to see happen. But we have a general category to put him in. He appears to be in captain level (maybe higher o.O) and he seems to be very experienced in his skills. I would expect him to be formidable otherwise why even bring him into the series , so I was trying to create a situation in which we could see a father and son combat, cause thats always something interesting to see. Hopefully when he does get more developed we'd have more of an idea on what his fighting style is like and then this thread could flourish, lol.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Well.... info from ichigo 190%.... vs info of isshin 10%, i will quote Byakuya in this

"Its 1000 Years to early...."

to even matching these two characters and isshin is obviously above captain level. I mean above the regular captains

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Proof that Isshin is above average captain level?

We don't know a thing about Isshin except that he can kill a imperfect arrancar (who was not even a menos when still hollow) with unreleased zanpautou... not very impressive if you ask me. So all we know for now is that Isshin>Imperfect non-Menos Arrancar.

We also don't know much about Ichigo due to Kubo's tendency to fluctuate his power level. In his Ichigonator form, we don't know the limit of his power, we just know that Ichigonator>Ulquiorra. As for normal vizard Ichigo, we know Unreleased Ulquiorra<=Ichigo w Vizard Mask<Ulquiorra Resurreccion.

It's impossible to decide from the evidence given so far.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Well well the very fact that he can calmly kill an arracar without even getting impressed like your average captain, like "i dont know what are you, but i sure know you are death" is enough for me, Without releasing, without using anything just a mere two cute cuts. And also i havent seen a character that is hidden and is weak aif we are talking about KT here (ex. WW) Sorry is not a proof but is a fact, deal with it

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    Proof that Isshin is above average captain level?

It's impossible to decide from the evidence given so far.
    Proof? The very fact that he was introduced makes him above average captain. There'd be no point if he was weaker then say, byakuya. I'm personally hoping he was RG quality.

So nah, its not too impossible.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josear XIII View Post
    Well well the very fact that he can calmly kill an arracar without even getting impressed like your average captain, like "i dont know what are you, but i sure know you are death" is enough for me, Without releasing, without using anything just a mere two cute cuts. And also i havent seen a character that is hidden and is weak aif we are talking about KT here (ex. WW) Sorry is not a proof but is a fact, deal with it
    Sheesh, as expected, tons of Isshin fans, just like the Hitsu, WW, Aizen, Vizards, Urahara, etc. fans.

Your saying that nowadays killing a non-menos incomplete arrancar is a feat attributed to a high leveled captain?

Doubtful.

You can say that these are facts, but they are just observations you make.

Off the record:

I agree Isshin is likely powerful, however, this is the biblioteca de bleach, the library of bleach, where we use facts given to make arguments. So sure, my personal opinion: Isshin is relatively powerful, the facts given by Manga so far, we have no idea except he can kill a arrancar and has a captain's haori.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

you seem to expect a lot, just a grave mistake here, im not Isshin's fan. And you cant deny that he killed him like piece of cake. That comes first, second I have seen mister Average Captains getting the hell of a day killing a simple Number (Hitsugaya, Komamura, and the sorts of em). I just presented you the facts that make bleach...... BLEACH.

KT tends to introduce strong characters as charismatic and misterious from the beggining and then BAM super strong people. EX: Shinji, Urahara and even Kyoraku who we though was just the regular womanaizer. but he turn to be one of the most powerful captains.

AND WTF... cant a pure blood not have the talent of his bloodline? Ichigo...

Well i dont tend to look into the story facts as the whole while im analizyng the character, but what tendency the mangaka uses to take while developing them, because if it were for that, (just the fact that the story tells) Hitsugaya would be STRONGER than most, thing that not much people agree even if the story so far tells the opposite

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Makayo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i want to know how long isshin was a captain for and how he got to know urahara
    EVERYONE LIVES BOUND BY THEIR OWN KNOWLEDGE AND AWARENESS - THATS CALLED REALITY- BUT KNOWLEDGE AND AWARENESS ARE VAGUE AND PERHAPS BETTER CALLED ILLUSIONS. EVERYONE LIVES WITHIN THEIR OWN SUBJECTIVE INTERPRETATION DONT YOU THINK?
    HOW FAR CAN YOU SEE?

Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont even thin he was a captain

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josear XIII View Post
    i dont even thin he was a captain
    Then what do you think he was ???

Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok here is something i think, I think he is royal guard, till now i speculate that Division 0 is formed of Captains, and above level captains, the mere fact that Shinji who was captain for a loooooooong time, and he wasnt able to identify the reiatsu of isshin when he felt it for first time while he was talking to Ichigo, is my lead.

Shinji would have said something like "this reiatsu feels familiar or something" i dont argue with the fact that he would have been a captain, but it was not his last position as a shinigami. Royal guard is my guess

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with that . The point I was getting at was that if he was to be royal guard, then its safe to assume that he was a captain first because from what we know is that the royal guard is full of promoted captains to that position. So basically at some point he was a captain even though it may have not been one last he still was at some point

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast