Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who would win....

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kenpachi

9 12.50%
  • Barragan

63 87.50%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kenpachi vs Barragan

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi vs Barragan

A while back I was joking with someone on one of the chapter discussions about this but it seems like an interesting thought as well. At the time Soifon had just lost an arm due to respira and people were contemplating how to overcome that respira. When it comes to Kenpachi we know he takes brutal hits all the time and doesn't even flinch. So my idea is would Kenpachi's will to fight overcome the damage he would take from a respira from barragan. Like I could see Barragan using respira and rotting Kenpachi to nothing but a bones, and all Kenpachi does is go "NOW THIS IS A REAL FIGHT" and then all Kenpachi would be is a Skeleton like Barragan due to all his flesh rotting and then we could have an epic battle of the Skeletons . So what do you guys think, could Kenpachi's will power alone be an advantage if he was to fight Barragan who has such a dangerous long range attack with Respira. Or would that not matter and the fact that Kenpachi only fights in close range sword combat would lead to his downfall against Barragan.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kirby800's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenpachi VS Barragan

lol would be funny to see but i don't think even kenpachi could survive respira and keep fighting....

although if the trick to beating respira lies within overwhelming reiatsu to defend against it (hence y i thought shunkou cud help soi-fong win) maybe he does actually have a chance?!?!

but i doubt that very much! lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, I know. Just trying to show Kenpachi some love. The thing is Respira is so deadly that all we've seen anyone do is just run from it, its hard to avoid. So an idea was what if one of the best ways to overcome it was to take a hit from it in order to get close enough to Barragan to hurt him. If anyone out there could take a hit from Respira and then still do some damage, then it would be Kenpachi due to his will power. So thats my mentality surround Kenpachi possibly having a chance, just wanted to try and advance his plus sides in this battle before it becomes a landslide Barragan victory, lol. I guess in the end, if Kenpachi was to pull it off, you would need to way the damage. How hurt did Kenpachi get in taking a hit in order to hurt Barragan. If he did enough damage to Barragan by taking a hit himself then it could be worth it. But at the same time he could very well have risked himself only to do minimal damage, so it really depends on weighing the odds.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm i wonder if that was what soi-fong was thinking or was she just too slow... hmmm...

lol i realised but even so wat part of him is he going to let get get hit? He cant lose a leg cuz then his mobility is decreased which he definitely needs to win and most other parts are too important, so that leaves his hand but if he loses a hand he loses kendo, unles he is really so resilient as to using kendo with a skeleton hand lol!

Hmm i think it comes down to kido being the key and insert hachi and that shud end the skeleton emperors reign...hopefully

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

O yea, you figure without Kenpachi being there there is no one else that could possibly use brute force to take out Barragan, so that only other option is people with long rang attacks of Kido.

Now fir parts the Kenpachi can afford to loss? He could lose a hand cause he doesn't like using Kendo even though its a nice ace in the hole to have, but then again he may not care since Kendo isn't something he likes to use. At the same time, eve if he was to get hit with respira, he may actually be able to still function even with rotting flesh. We know he keeps fighting with what would be mortal wounds to other people. Obviously rotting flesh would become a problem at some point but how long could he go before it affects him badly thats the question. Overall it would probably be the ultimate test of Kenpachi's will cause from everything we've seen, nothing seems to bother him. So Respira might be a good chance to see how far he can go before actually feeling pain, lol.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

yea i do figure but i suppose i cud be wrong... but who else is there? maybe komamaru but i dont think he can take as much as kenpachi, hmm only one who rivals kenpachi in stamina to my view is maybe ichigo but ichigo is not a brute force fighter so yea hmmm....

Well i suppose he could lose a arm but then would he be able to deal a fatal blow to barragan who survived soi-fong's missile? (although he may have actually blocked it and not taken it head on)

Then it comes down to how long can he survive and fight without an arm or leg or worse...

So for conversing purposes were he to lose his left arm down to the bone like soi-fong could he then get past respira, big huge black axe and hierro(think i spelt that right ) to deal a blow to barragan? LOL

I dont think even the great kenpachi could pull that one off maybe if he got shi-kai? lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kirby800 View Post
    yea i do figure but i suppose i cud be wrong... but who else is there? maybe komamaru but i dont think he can take as much as kenpachi, hmm only one who rivals kenpachi in stamina to my view is maybe ichigo but ichigo is not a brute force fighter so yea hmmm....

Well i suppose he could lose a arm but then would he be able to deal a fatal blow to barragan who survived soi-fong's missile? (although he may have actually blocked it and not taken it head on)

Then it comes down to how long can he survive and fight without an arm or leg or worse...

So for conversing purposes were he to lose his left arm down to the bone like soi-fong could he then get past respira, big huge black axe and hierro(think i spelt that right ) to deal a blow to barragan? LOL

I dont think even the great kenpachi could pull that one off maybe if he got shi-kai? lol
    Hmm the way I look at it really, Respira is really only Kenpachi's main issue. If he was to get past that, then he would be able to evenly with Barragan in my opinion until we find something new about Barragan that may cause problems. Other than that, facing a dude with an Axe is the least of Kenpachi's worries, it would mostly just be the Respira. But nonetheless its an interesting thought ^__^.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

another thing to think about is wether barragan can spam respira or what is the range and limit it to it and if he does have that limit it is entirely plausible for kenpachi to win but at the moment i think we can conclude that the odds are heavily stacked against him lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dflynchimp's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenpachi vs Barragan

Or perhaps, like Zomari (7th espada), Barragan's abilities are similar to high level kido, in which case you can overcome it with sheer reiatsu or a Kido counter/equivalent.
    Frak, or Frak not, there is no foreplay.

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, have no fun
    Silence is golden, ducktape is silver
    http://waldonator.mybrute.com

蔣幹打電話給曹操
    蔣幹:「操你嗎?我幹。」 曹操:「我操,你誰啊?」
    蔣幹:「我幹啊!」 曹操:「我操,你到底是誰啊?」
    蔣幹:「我幹啊,你操吧。」 曹操:「他媽的,你到底是誰啊,我操!」
    蔣幹:「我幹,我幹啊!」 曹操:「我操!」
    此時蔣幹的媽媽接過電話:「我幹他媽啊,你操吧?操你媽呢?」

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dflynchimp View Post
    Or perhaps, like Zomari (7th espada), Barragan's abilities are similar to high level kido, in which case you can overcome it with sheer reiatsu or a Kido counter/equivalent.
    Thats waht I was thinking-I have no basis for this but I think if he tried it on Zaraki he would just blow it away with he sheer reiatsu
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Add respira to the ongoing list of questionables for fighters with huge reiatsu (ken is the prime example):

-Would Kira double the weight of Kenpachi's zanpakutou

-Would Syazel's organ voodoo doll work on Kenpachi

-Would Zommari's amor work on Kenpachi

-Would Yumichika's reiatsu draining work on Kenpachi

-Etc.

Time to add respira to that list.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune_Taichou View Post
    Thats waht I was thinking-I have no basis for this but I think if he tried it on Zaraki he would just blow it away with he sheer reiatsu
    Like a reiatsu shield or something?

...Seems doubtful.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

with Kenpachi it never seems to be properly explained-he's just overpowered in the reiatsu department and that allows him to have hierro, block ceros barehanded, and cut released espada in half without bankai. Iliterally think hed be like-you see respira might work on others but my reiatsu is so dense it cant get near me lol.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

People can't assume that Kenpachi could take it due to his reiatsu. It seems pretty obvious to me that Barragan would easily win. I mean Kenpachi needed to take off his freaking eyepatch and use kendo to take out Nnoitra who is much weaker than Barragan. And he's certainly not as fast as Soi Fon so he wouldn't be able to dodge it better than her. Barragan was also fast enough to surprise Soi Fon speed wise when he was unreleased so I also doubt that Kenpachi could hit him. Kenpachi would be completely at his mercy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Definetly Barragan - I think its a bad idea to fight Barragan in a close combat and Kenpachi strenght is close combat. It seems like Kenpachi hasnt any long-range-skills.....

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast