Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Pandora Hearts: 19th century or 18th century?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • 19th century

13 35.14%
  • 18th century

5 13.51%
  • Only the author knows it! xD

19 51.35%
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandora Hearts by Mochizuki Jun

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ketorin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pandora Hearts by Mochizuki Jun

Name: Pandora Hearts
    Author: Mochizuki Jun
    Serialized in: GFantasy (Square Enix) and Yen Plus (Yen Press) (English)

Summary:
    Oz Bezarius, heir to one of the duke houses, has just turned fifteen. His life is rich and carefree, darkened only by the constant absence of his father. At his coming-of-age ceremony, however, everything changes. For no reason that he can discern, he's cast into the prison known as the "Abyss", only to be saved by a "chain" known as Alice, the bloodstained black rabbit. Why was he cast into Abyss, how does Alice factor into it all, and what does the organization known as "Pandora" want with him...? -from Storm in Heaven-

Pandora Hearts at MH
    Read Pandora Hearts here: MangaFox or OneManga

Scanlation Progress: Chapter 39 has been released by the Black Abyss

Now let's Discuss ^_^

(just tell me if I missed anything)
    Last edited by ketorin; July 21, 2009 at 02:14 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cleodux's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pandora Hearts by Mochizuki Jun

I have only watch the anime. Though usually i will check the manga if the first few episodes caught me interested.

And so far i have only manage to watch up to ep 5 or 6 i think. Maybe it is not my cup of tea. Although i am curious about the mysterious blonde guy that Oz encounter on every single Alice's memory. And what is his relation to all of them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Siberia's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read the manga but I found out its too difficult to understand (perhaps Im too stupid). I love its artwork n fairy tale style.

btw, does it belong to Shounen type?
    MyList of reading n watching

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    I have read the manga but I found out its too difficult to understand (perhaps Im too stupid). I love its artwork n fairy tale style.

btw, does it belong to Shounen type?
    yes, it has been categorized as a shounen everywhere I have looked.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Heat Salamance's Avatar
    Currently in EchoRidge of the Ryuusei no Rockman/Megaman Starforce World
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

YES!!! A Pandora Hearts Thread!!! Now I finally have someone to rant my fandom too! YAY!!!!!!!!! Has anyone read the newest Pandora Hearts yet? Oh and what is so confusing about the manga? I can read it just fine... Though there are parts that just don't make sense some times... (I'm too lazy to look them up right now...)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    There is nothing better from a reader's stand point, than to be completely wrong about what they think will happen.
    Dragons!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yup, I just had to make a Pandora Hearts thread, cause one it has to be my second favorite manga (right after DGM)
    yes I've read the lastest PH and I can't wait till the next chapter (i've seen the raws, it looks really really good ^_^) Probably one reason why it's so confusing(to some) is that a bunch of the questions don't get answered right away, but I recommend anyone read this.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree! I agree! Pandora Hearts is such a good manga! I like it so much... I've read the last chapter posted one onemanga, I was so excited for the next chapter! Oz meets up with Eliot again!! But this time Gilbert and Alice are around to see the interaction between Oz and Eliot, and what caused the big chance with Oz! Yea... I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!! @_@ *spazzes out* ...*not really*
    There is nothing better from a reader's stand point, than to be completely wrong about what they think will happen.
    Dragons!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

man 38 just was released and now I really want to read 39, I think it's going to be really good. We just saw another fragment of Jack's soul so I wonder how many there are, who knows how much, maybe hundreds (though I don't think so)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

(Finally caught up.) I'm curious too. I wonder how Jack's soul got shattered. I mean losing one's memories is NOT the same as losing pieces of one soul... Wah, I'm curious!!! But one thing is for sure, Oz + giant scythe = SCARY!!!!
    Dragons!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, I read on wikipedia like two months ago that he got the giant scythe and ever since then I have been looking for raws and just waiting for the chapter with the scythe to come out ^_^ so now I am happy and I know that chapter 39 is coming out on Saturday(according to The Black Abyss) though I think it might be more of Gil and Jack, maybe Alice will meet up with Oz, Elliot, and Reo.

okay so this I wrote on another forum but it's not really active so I will just put it here too.

talking about how Alice became a chain and if Jack had a chain, just like how Break wanted to change the past what if Jack also wanted to change something, like for example change the fact that Alice was alive again, so that's what the chain did(who I think is the orginal B-Rabbit) and so the B-Rabbit possesed Alice's body or something like that and made her a chain.

Oh also I just thought this up. Oz's sin is for existing right, so what if his mother got pregnant with him w/o her doing anything. (if you guys get what I am saying here)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, does anyone know how far Japan is in the Pandora Hearts series? And about Alice, I always figured that since Alice and the Will of the Abyss are twins the Black Blood-stained Rabbit was th e manifestation of Alice's Abyss power. It would actually be kinda sad (as in depressing sad) if Jack made the same mistake as Break. Jack doesn't seem like the person to go around killing people to get to the Will of the Abyss.

Oh and about Oz's existence, how can it be a sin for someone to exist and if it is wouldn't be the parents' fault not the kid. Like the kid has any control over whether or not he/she comes into existance. I seriously doubt that Oz was born with a virgin mom.... That's too godly... *is Christian* But, that my personal belief.

PS: YEA FOR GIANT SCYTHES!!!! Oh and does anyone know when the next Pandora Hearts comes out and its updating cycle?
    Dragons!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

the next issue is on August 18th ^ ^

and I think that the father realized the true nature of his child after he was born somehow, he always knew that one day he will and must be dragged to the Abyss in order to prevent the will of Abyss from causing another disaster after learning that Oz is the container of Jack, and thus he stayed at a distance from his child trying to get very attached to him and be all heart broken when he's gone...

I still have no idea what Lasie is or what connection Eliot has with Glen, Eliot said he wrote that melody, makes him sound like Glen, now I'm confused, is Eliot the new Glen's body after he failed getting Gil's body 100 years ago or is he still after Gill? coz it was said that for Glen's transferring to succeed he needs to move all 5 chains in him to the new body, and Gill has Raven now...

and lolz I feel sorry for Vincent!! poor pervert!!

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm two chapters behind thanks to summer break, gaah!

This manga is superb. I really love it. It comes very close to why I used to adore DGM and that's a good thing. Also, just like Black Butler, it's frequently giving fanservice for BL fangirls... that can't be bad >.>

Is anyone watching the anime as well?

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

this manga is also one that gives the same feeling of DGM, which makes me happy!! I didn't watch the amine yet, I'm being lazy lately I guess.....

some hidden yaoi-ish panels here and there can be exiting, though I think they're more obvious in Kuroshitsuji, many time I thought Ceil and Sebas are about to kiss....

I have the feeling that this manga wont be a long running one, like 70 chapters or so maybe...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi View Post
    and I think that the father realized the true nature of his child after he was born somehow, he always knew that one day he will and must be dragged to the Abyss in order to prevent the will of Abyss from causing another disaster after learning that Oz is the container of Jack, and thus he stayed at a distance from his child trying to get very attached to him and be all heart broken when he's gone...

I still have no idea what Lasie is or what connection Eliot has with Glen, Eliot said he wrote that melody, makes him sound like Glen, now I'm confused, is Eliot the new Glen's body after he failed getting Gil's body 100 years ago or is he still after Gill? coz it was said that for Glen's transferring to succeed he needs to move all 5 chains in him to the new body, and Gill has Raven now...
    You may be right about the father thing; too bad it left such a bad mark on Oz. And I have no idea about Lasie too. It could be she was part of the circle of friends that Jack and Glen were. Anyways, I always figured that Eliot was the reincarnation of Glen. And when did they say that Glen wanted Gill's body?! I don't remember that!!!
    Dragons!

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast