Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Pandora Hearts: 19th century or 18th century?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • 19th century

13 35.14%
  • 18th century

5 13.51%
  • Only the author knows it! xD

19 51.35%
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Pandora Hearts by Mochizuki Jun

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Razeus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pandora Hearts by Mochizuki Jun

Finished the chapter must say the story is flowing well. I say vincent having two chains is quite the twist and the reson he does all this is to die o_0...so vincent is kinda like chaotic neutral its really poetic. Interesting to see that the Raven was bounded to Gil for over 100 years. I'm looking forward to the next chapter the last panel is amazing to see glen back.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely like the plot twist and surprise about the chain of Queen of hearts as well as Leo's eyes.
    Though I still feel sad to Elliot's tragedy, and the more I don't like Vincent.
    Also, I'm still not much convinced that Leo is Glen. Can't wait for the next chapters as how will Glen's new vessel would arise.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED]Pandora Hearts by Mochizuki Jun

Just catched up on chapters 61-66.. nevermind the queen of hearts, so many plot/character surprises happened and I can't believe what Rufus Barma did, and how Gil traces back some of his memories (..won't spoil the details to those didn't read the chapters yet).
    The story gets more interesting on the last 2 recent chapters which reveals how Jack and Lacie met.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED]Pandora Hearts by Mochizuki Jun

WOW that was such an awesome twist with Lacie and Jack meeting and Glen actually probably being the 'hero', I wonder if Lacie is the will's and alice's mother or actually alice and the will had once been her. Lacies chain did look like B-rabbits powers i think, but it looked familiar when she used it ><

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pandora Hearts has become an impressive manga series. I completely didn't see Jack's true intentions at all. But it makes sense now - all his odd mannerisms that I had thought were sheerly fanservice are actually what he became through his experiences as a whore. He truly is the great seducer. He seduced the entire country into fighting for him. He seduced Oz & Co into searching for his soul.

Lacie is also three fries short of a happy meal. But I do adore her speech about "I try to see the world from every angle". She also appears to be the earliest contractor of B-Rabbit.

I have a theory that perhaps B-Rabbit's power was drained into someone else causing Lacie's death, then into Alice, and now into Oz (and Alice is disappearing).

Darn it, so many parts of this chapter I wish I could act, but I don't know of anyone who'd be willing to act Jack out.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack is the greatest deceiver I have ever known in the history of manga.

I'm getting more confused now... Lacie is near death? Glen at that time is not the Glen we know, but Oswald, Lacie's brother? And what's with Miranda Barma? She seems scary and (I think) she's beheading people? What's with her obsession towards Oswald? I'm getting headache... Everything is not as it seems before... It's not clear who's the bad guy here anymore... I was hoping the new chapter will give us more light onto the mystery but it seems the spiderweb is more complicated than it seems.

Somehow the story makes me learn about something. History is not always the truth. Jack manipulates the history... I wonder what leads him into doing it... Jack, Jack... *sigh* You destroy my perfect image of you. But even among this tangle of web, Jack has become a more interesting character, not just the hero in the past.
    Last edited by yukihime03; November 27, 2011 at 10:58 AM.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Retrace 69 is up.

I like the current chapter how they reveal's Alice as...
    Spoiler show

The current chapter somehow gave answers from what was I was looking for from the earlier chapters before the tragedy of Sablier happened.
    Can't wait to see more revelations, as Vincent and Gil (and probably Break) enters on the retraced story after they introduced how Alice was brought up.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by <.Haruka.> View Post
    Retrace 69 is up.

I like the current chapter how they reveal's Alice as...
    Spoiler show

The current chapter somehow gave answers from what was I was looking for from the earlier chapters before the tragedy of Sablier happened.
    Can't wait to see more revelations, as Vincent and Gil (and probably Break) enters on the retraced story after they introduced how Alice was brought up.
    iirc, Break doesn't come in until vince and gil are with the will of the abyss [just after the killing in the Tradegy]. What's really bothering me now is who's Alice's father u.u And their seeming ability to switch between each other (the converasation with Glen and Alice with Jack nearby implies it), so what does that mean for the current Alice and the Alice Oz saw in chapter 1 after he touched Jack's watch @-@

so confusing like ever <3
    Last edited by yumimi; January 24, 2012 at 12:39 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yumimi View Post
    iirc, Break doesn't come in until vince and gil are with the will of the abyss [just after the killing in the Tradegy]. What's really bothering me now is who's Alice's father u.u And their seeming ability to switch between each other (the converasation with Glen and Alice with Jack nearby implies it), so what does that mean for the current Alice and the Alice Oz saw in chapter 1 after he touched Jack's watch @-@

so confusing like ever <3
    The father was already mentioned in this chapter it was the previous holder of the name Glen before Oswald inherited it - he already mentions he impregnated Lacie for the sake of creating an experiment but what they didn't foresee was that she'd have twins and as a result the question is which among the twins is the true vessel for the Will of the Abyss along with why only Alice was summoned while the other one remained in the Abyss.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

iirc, Break doesn't come in until vince and gil are with the will of the abyss [just after the killing in the Tradegy].
    That reminds me of the chronological events, what i look forward to see is how Alice lost her memory along with the few moments before the tragedy of Sablier happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    The father was already mentioned in this chapter it was the previous holder of the name Glen before Oswald inherited it - he already mentions he impregnated Lacie for the sake of creating an experiment but what they didn't foresee was that she'd have twins and as a result the question is which among the twins is the true vessel for the Will of the Abyss along with why only Alice was summoned while the other one remained in the Abyss.
    I'm also quite curious to know who would be the real vessel too but i think since the other alice twin (Alyss) was left in Abyss, it looks like she served as a temporary vessel for the abyss. Though i'm not convinced as whether the two alice are biologically twins (even though it was said by the former Glen/Revis), since the Abyss seems not to be a normal world/dimension.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by <.Haruka.> View Post

I'm also quite curious to know who would be the real vessel too but i think since the other alice twin (Alyss) was left in Abyss, it looks like she served as a temporary vessel for the abyss. Though i'm not convinced as whether the two alice are biologically twins (even though it was said by the former Glen/Revis), since the Abyss seems not to be a normal world/dimension.
    Irregardless of whether they're natural twins or not fact remains there are two who were born from Lacie and furthermore is the mystery of who is the rightful vessel. The tragedy I think is starting to make sense in that it is most likely a result of them trying to bring about the other Alice from the abyss but what is most curious is Alice's memory of being killed... I wonder as to why Jack would have had to kill her given his devotion to Lacie, she's practically a carbon copy (perhaps as a result of the Abyss?), so if anything he'd probably want to have her for himself would be the most normal reaction. In any case at least the reason for summoning the abyss has been established in that it is probably related to the Baskervilles with good intention to summon the other twin to live with them, but clearly somebody is going to mess it up (I don't think Glen would have used a summoning method that would bring about a lot of deaths he seems too nice for that and would most likely avoid it so its probably Jack and the Barma lady).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually all that was ever stated was that Lacie agreed to carry out (blonde) Glens experiment. It actually doesnt specifically say anywhere that Glen is the father, and since this is ph its important not to take things as given XD I mean, just look at all the flashbacks we thought were Glen's, but were actually Jack's.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Irregardless of whether they're natural twins or not fact remains there are two who were born from Lacie and furthermore is the mystery of who is the rightful vessel. The tragedy I think is starting to make sense in that it is most likely a result of them trying to bring about the other Alice from the abyss but what is most curious is Alice's memory of being killed... I wonder as to why Jack would have had to kill her given his devotion to Lacie, she's practically a carbon copy (perhaps as a result of the Abyss?), so if anything he'd probably want to have her for himself would be the most normal reaction. In any case at least the reason for summoning the abyss has been established in that it is probably related to the Baskervilles with good intention to summon the other twin to live with them, but clearly somebody is going to mess it up (I don't think Glen would have used a summoning method that would bring about a lot of deaths he seems too nice for that and would most likely avoid it so its probably Jack and the Barma lady).
    Yeah I think Miranda is a little to suspicious for all this x.x And it is called the Headhunter arc, both Vincent and Miranda suite this role. Actually Miranda's been hinted as being behind thr Tragedy for quite a while... she was shown to be the one telling Vince how to open a door to the Abyss (in the Sablier arc).

I can't say anything on your theory, sadly in PH's case I've learnt to watch and wait; while trying to remember all the clues u.u But I have to wonder how Gil/Vince fit into this madness >_<

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually all that was ever stated was that Lacie agreed to carry out (blonde) Glens experiment. It actually doesnt specifically say anywhere that Glen is the father, and since this is ph its important not to take things as given XD I mean, just look at all the flashbacks we thought were Glen's, but were actually Jack's.
    Given that he specifically states himself as being the one to impregnate Lacie:
    http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/69/26
    I took it that he was the father, rather than Jack or any random guy, for the other purpose that this is an experiment that appears to have been kept within a small circle - i.e. Revis & Oswald are so far the only ones shown to be involved at the experiment (not too sure about Oswald perhaps he was just informed of it later). I think proof of this is that the other Baskerville servants don't seem to be fully aware of the meaning behind the tragedy and simply carried out orders, to them it seems like they just wanted to summon the Abyss but here we see that it is most likely if there was a reason to summon the Abyss was to bring Alice's twin to the surface.

I'm fully aware of how Pandora Hearts does love twists but clearly Lacie can't get impregnated by herself and the only two men who have had contact with her and are aware of the experiment are Revis & Oswald so these are the two main candidates, Oswald doesn't seem to be the incestuous type so that leaves Revis who would be cold enough from the looks of it to do such for the sake of an experiment since its not as if he has much longer to live himself. We could look at the other Baskerville servants, none of which appear to be dead save the one Break killed, but hey most are women and the only guys don't show any affinity or hint of being Alice's father so far.

Edit: Another thing to consider really is the translation there really is no other way to read "I impregnated her" other than Revis referring to himself had he said "I HAD her impregnated" then yes it would mean someone else did the deed. In nihonggo there isn't much confusion either with the way you'd read that sentence, unless someone could provide the RAW page or script and look at this specific dialogue and contest otherwise that it could be read a different manner. However, given the track record of the translation I'm prompted to believe in their reading hence believe that Revis is the father.
    Last edited by Hamy; January 26, 2012 at 12:18 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest PH Chapter: "Oh, so your life is good right now? You're happy? Having fun in the summer? Here, let me fix that for you. Have all the feelings! Have all the tragedy and angst and death and sadness and hate and anger and fear. Have fun staying sane until the next chapter!"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Pandora Hearts has been caking on the layers of angst and despair for the past year. I love how overwhelming it is, though. Most mangaka aren't brave enough to make their series that angsty.

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8