Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Aizen's growth and development

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen's growth and development

Aizen, seemingly the most powerful force to be reckoned with in the Bleach universe. All along we've seen Aizen doing amazing feats as a shinigami, seemingly without explaination.

1. Using his shikai, he made a fake corpse of himself that was able to fool several vice captains, a couple of captains, and even Unohana herself (though, not entirely) even his lieutenent could deduce the corpse was not him. In addition, he was able to fool everyone into thinking the Central 46 was still alive.

2. Without an incantation, he achieved only 1/3 of a level 90 "hakudo" spell, and was able to drop a captain.

3. He was able stop a highspeed bankai (Ichigo's) with one finger.

4. As a lieutenent, he was able to stop a high level hakudo spell with an incantationless bakuda "danku", of the friggin kido corps captain.

5. Using only his reiatsu, he was able to stop the punch of a big hollow and then kill it, with only his reiatsu. In addition, he brought Tousen (whom had achieved bankai as a 5th seat) to his knees with only his reiatsu, and then later Grimjoww, the 6th espada.

6. More of a passive thing, but he was able to hide his large reiatsu for years as a lieutenent and under.

So, how DID Aizen come about getting all of this insane power? While we may view him as a genius/beast among shinigami, no one else has called him a genius or a prodigy. No one has said he was like hitsugaya in this sense.

So, 100 years ago a 5th seat and a vice captain were able to achieve bankai. How did they get it so quickly?

My theory: Aizen is very ambitious, and very smart, as we've seen in the manga so far. Due to the fact that he wants to "be god" he is power hungry, and wants to be at the top. What if he was like this since he started his life as a shinigami?

What if Aizen had found a way (as an unseated/seated officer, just not VC/captain) to materialize his zanpaktou, so he could achieve bankai faster and rise through the ranks faster/gain more power. Essentially, an earlier/prototype/different way of urahara's invention. We were never really told what would happen if the user didn't beat their zanpaktou in 3 days, Ichigo just said "I don't want to know".

What if, at the end of these 3 days, the zanpaktou literally takes over the user. Kind of like how a hollow takes over them, except it's the zanpaktou's spirit. Aizen's sword just "keeps his conscious in the back of his mind" or something. And the reason why he achieved shikai/bankai so fast is because the sword spirit WAS in control, so it has perfect synchronization already. And then the spirit was easily able to master kido/hoho/hakuda.

Perhaps it doesn't have to go down exactly like that, but the basic theory is Aizen's zanpaktou takes over his body.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aizen's growth and progress

Quote Originally Posted by Dark God Zeus View Post
    Aizen, seemingly the most powerful force to be reckoned with in the Bleach universe. All along we've seen Aizen doing amazing feats as a shinigami, seemingly without explaination.
    Fixed.

What if, at the end of these 3 days, the zanpaktou literally takes over the user. Kind of like how a hollow takes over them, except it's the zanpaktou's spirit. Aizen's sword just "keeps his conscious in the back of his mind" or something. And the reason why he achieved shikai/bankai so fast is because the sword spirit WAS in control, so it has perfect synchronization already. And then the spirit was easily able to master kido/hoho/hakuda.

Perhaps it doesn't have to go down exactly like that, but the basic theory is Aizen's zanpaktou takes over his body.
    Imagine Shinji breaking Aizen's zanpaktou, and Aizen has color return to his eyes and faints. Shinji later on explains he knew about this all along =O

Aizen later on wakes up and still has all the power he had before, only with a non-badass mind set.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this theory.

Me and a friend have always thought he might have used his Zanpakutoh on himself to make himself think he;s invincible lol but we never considered what we're seeing might be Kyakasuigetsu and Aizen is at the back somewhere screaming to be let out. Lol for all we knoe this is Hollow Aizen?
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune_Taichou View Post
    I like this theory.
    Lol for all we knoe this is Hollow Aizen?
    That's actually a good point...Aizen's hollow was so strong not even he could beat it? I want to doubt that, but its a possibility...

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    That's actually a good point...Aizen's hollow was so strong not even he could beat it? I want to doubt that, but its a possibility...
    Yh if you think about it apart from him there are no evil shinigami. Even Gin seems reluctant to just kill like the espada would-that kind of savagery seems reserved for hollows. For all we knoe Aizen really was like he seemed to be but at some point he tried to become a vaizard and got whipped by his Hollow-if his Hollow is THIS badass who can blame him?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aizen's growth and development

Hmmm, I like the concept that his inner hollow took over and that is why Aizen is so evil. It seems like a stretch yet it is very interesting nonetheless. The only thing I would be wondering about now is why would his inner hollow be doing tests for Hollowification and now the use of the Hogyoku. If Aizen was to then already be a failed attempt at a Vaizard, then how could his inner hollow (now outer ) be able to use the Hogyoku at all? Another thing is from what we have seen with Ichigo, the more his inner hollow took over, the more of a hollow he became, so if Aizen's inner hollow was to take over then Aizen would be a full hollow then. So as interesting as the concept seems, and it would be a great explanation for why he is so evil, its just such a very large stretch, lol. Very creative though

As for the original theory that the Zanpaktou took over thats also very unique. We do know from Ichigo's inner struggle that whoever is on top out of the 3 will be in charge. So I am curious what would happen if the Zanpaktou was ever to take over and be the king. Do I think that has happened with Aizen, once again a stretch, but nonetheless a very interesting and creative idea
    Last edited by Arrogance; July 15, 2009 at 02:26 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member drakend's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all Dark God Zeus's theory is really original: I've NEVER read about the zanpaktou taking over. It's a possibility, of course, but many others. I think it's quite more likely that Aizen was taken over by his hollow instead, as he was always dealing with the hybridization thingy. If you think this well there is only ONE other character which resembles Aizen's badassery and cold blood: Shirosaki. Anyway guys you have a short memory: this theory about Aizen being possessed by his own hollow was posted on these boards more times eons ago, one of those by me!
    Anyway even taking into account Aizen was possessed by his hollow, it doesn't explain why he's so powerful and why he knows so many things about Royality. Most likely Aizen is related to the Royal Family somehow AND he was taken over by his own hollow...
    Maybe Aizen himself is the king...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

although how can it be his inner hollow taking over when he shows no outward changes?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

although how can it be his inner hollow taking over when he shows no outward changes?
    Thats what I was saying is the big flaw. When Ichigo's inner hollow began to take over, Ichigo became more and more like a hollow. If shirosaki was to take over he would be a full hollow, so I would see that being the same for Aizen. Unless......Aizen's inner hollow used absolute hypnosis to make Aizen appear as if he was still a Shinigami and not a hollow

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member drakend's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys Ichigo's hollow is evolving so it keeps changing appearance.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drakend View Post
    Guys Ichigo's hollow is evolving so it keeps changing appearance.
    Yeah, but if Aizen's zanpaktou took over wouldn't it be just as blood thirsty? Aizen has yet to kill anyone. And also, wouldn't Aizen have SOME outside change, such as a mask, voice, etc...you just can't mask that kind of thing

And another idea I had, Aizen's zanpaktou means "mirror flower water moon", just the idea of the reflection kind of makes me think that maybe he was talking with his zanpaktou one day, trying to achieve bankai the normal way, when it spoke with him and offered to just give him his bankai. And then his spirit trapped him in a mirror or something, and manifested itself in the form of Aizen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ozehro's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

lol I've heard the same theory except it's on Ichigo.
    so zangetsu ends up taking over. both zangetsu and shirosaki even talk to themselves when Ichigo is not around. conspiracy against the king much?
    but yeah I guess this is possible for Aizen. although I think that would end up
    ruining Aizen's perfect villain status since he ends up being a victim.lol.

*Predictions:*
    |Ulquiorra was the only VL under Aizen|
    |Aizen is not the last villain in Bleach|
    |Use the espada sig and Credit Geoff|

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Aizen could be taken over. I don't think anyone can be taken over. I also thought the zanpakto to be just an extension of their soul. If the spirit was to take over, they would still be the same person.

But to be honest it sounds like a plausible scenario.

I would prefer that Aizen was taught by someone. Maybe an evil master as good as Yama. It just seems odd that he can be so powerful as a VC without anyone knowing. Someone must have taught him.
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    I don't think Aizen could be taken over. I don't think anyone can be taken over. I also thought the zanpakto to be just an extension of their soul. If the spirit was to take over, they would still be the same person.

But to be honest it sounds like a plausible scenario.

I would prefer that Aizen was taught by someone. Maybe an evil master as good as Yama. It just seems odd that he can be so powerful as a VC without anyone knowing. Someone must have taught him.
    Somewhere in the back of my mind I keep thinking Yama is in on this. Either being evil or him and Aizen found something out ages ago that means the King is evil or something and this is them working together to bring him down/achieve something we cant conceive of yet. Ive also wandered if Yama could turn out to be evil and Aizen actually good, only he couldnt implicate Yama so he did this instead. Its a massive stretch but could explain Tosens devotion. I would liek it if it turns out that Aizen is good because despite all the Aizen bashing I do I think he is fricking awesome-I bash him mostly to bring his fanboys down a peg or two.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune_Taichou View Post
    Somewhere in the back of my mind I keep thinking Yama is in on this. Either being evil or him and Aizen found something out ages ago that means the King is evil or something and this is them working together to bring him down/achieve something we cant conceive of yet. Ive also wandered if Yama could turn out to be evil and Aizen actually good, only he couldnt implicate Yama so he did this instead. Its a massive stretch but could explain Tosens devotion. I would liek it if it turns out that Aizen is good because despite all the Aizen bashing I do I think he is fricking awesome-I bash him mostly to bring his fanboys down a peg or two.
    Why would Yama go through all this trouble then?

New Reply