Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Would you wish "Bleach Kai" ?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I will see it now

12 66.67%
  • Yes, but only few Arcs/sagas

4 22.22%
  • No, the current Anime situation is good

2 11.11%
  • No, I hate Bleach

0 0%
  • Bleach ? What is that ?

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Bleach Kai - Would you wish that ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Kai - Would you wish that ?

Woul you wish an Anime-serie like "Dragonball Kai", without Filler and in HD, for Bleach ?

My Opinion: Yes, I´ll see it, especially for the first 75 Episodes of Bleach.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Kai - Would you wish that ?

if there was no filler, they didnt strech anything out and made the pacing exactly like the manga, i mean an exact moving interpritaion.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well..haven't they done that with Bleach?

I mean, Kai is notoriously faster than the original, but it can be said that the Bleach anime is even faster than the manga. It took a mere handful of episodes to get rid of Barragan's Fraccion, something that took the manga several chapters, as an example, and Grimmjow and Ichigo's final fight was only about three episodes long. If you erase the filler, that doesn't really change much.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's mainly because the bleach pace is so outright horrid that they really can't do much to avoid catching up. >>

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There would be a greater chance of a "One Piece Kai" than Naruto or Bleach. OP is just more popular in Japan and is on Fuji TV (same channel as DBK, compared to TV Tokyo for Naruto/Shippuden & Bleach).

Considering how OP is known for dragging out their storylines in the anime, it'd be an interesting take as to how their storyline will be. Since OP is already thriving in its run, will we see it in a edited, shortened form 10 years later? I don't know if OP will still take place by then.

And now back to the topic at hand. Would I want a Bleach Kai? Yes. Would I want a Naruto Kai? Yes. Both anime are horribly ruined by their spontaneous filler arcs abrupting the canon. However, I just don't see it happening.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece, while not quite good at dragging them out (And really, I know no anime that really is, at least consistently) they've got this formula for adding filler bits that aren't absolutely horrid somewhat down. Particularly when it comes to fights. A lot of them have some very interesting added choreography that wasn't in the original manga that makes said scenes all the more awesome. Though they don't hit gold all the time of course, but it's the little bits like the prior use of tail and subsequent return of the windmill that make it all the more worthwhile. Should the Kai cut them, I'd frankly suspect the anime would be somewhat inferior.

And ignoring my uptight stance on sensible plots and general thumbs down attitude for retardation for a second, there's something about having Foxy, Hamburger, and Porche as semi recurring villains akin to Team Rocket in fillers from time to time that's outright hilarious.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK View Post
    There would be a greater chance of a "One Piece Kai" than Naruto or Bleach.
    Naruto already sort of has a "Naruto Kai" in Naruto Shounen-hen, which is going to air the episodes of the first part again without the filler parts (I think). It might also show the Shippuuden episodes sans filler when it reaches that point.

Concerning Bleach though, it is definitely too early for this type of thing to be occurring. Bleach doesn't really have as many manga-canon episodes under its belt to warrant a reshowing; perhaps in a couple more years it might be a good idea.

This would certainly be helpful (if it were dubbed although that seems less likely) for those in the US who only watch the American dubs. The way Bleach has departed from the story line to go into alternate story lines for the past two filler arcs (the current one and last one with Amagai) is definitely going to seem confusing to people here, as the dubs shown on American TV don't show the omake shorts at the end of each episode, which at least give some indcation that there is a departure from the actual story. (Hopefully the people who handle localization here will eventually release a DVD set that cuts out the filler in a "DB Kai" -type format for clarity.)

New Reply