Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Manga auto cleaning program

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manga auto cleaning program

Ah, I see 1) now. I didn't think to use the View list to find the edit frame in there. Also, is there a possibility to select multiple frames so you can have it clear outside of all of them?
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the next part, the panel selection. The frame selection is used to rotate the page. The panel selection will do two things, it will redraw the borders and it will be used to completely clean anything that's not in the panel. The frame is only definable as 4 points, where as the panel you will be able to add points to the panel, in the case that its not a quadrilateral. I will also put in a sort of edge detection where it will try and determine the pieces of the panel, in the case of a panel which has a text bubble or some other graphic sticking out of it, to manually go through and add every point will be annoying.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member waldo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

KUDOS!!! you are a brilliant man... keep the ideas up!!!
    Thanks to the moon's gravitational pull, the midnight is just so romantic... A hallow scenery of insanity within... Divulge in deep thoughts of rampant madness...

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I found your effort very appreciable. I would like to suggest some things can become useful:

1] making program that "thinks" like human is very hard because they lack on "global understanding" of the environment (in this case the image)

2] if u are taking the way of making compromise and planning on adding some human interaction probably will be easier to create some kind of script that can do the same things directly inside photoshop (i think it's the defacto standard for this kind of thing).
    - u can solve the problem about interoperability (photoshop accept javascript/applescript/vbscritp)
    - u already have all the function implemented in photoshop usable (like levels, layers, clone brush, ecc ecc)
    - i think it's not impossible apply some kind of more complex human interaction
    - if u like to use many complex mathematical functions i think the program will became really slower (in the end it's not compiled at all, so u can guess this easily), but with multicore platform maybe thinks can turn better
    - the documentation about the scripting on "indesign" could be found on adobe site, i think even the one concerning photoshop id freely available.
    - a very great thing will be have the "developer" version of photoshop and with that u can realize real compiled "plugin" to use. But i think this is really hard to realize something good in medium time (i saw the developer version of indesign and this thing have a 6month learning curve only to start making real plugin works).
    - please take our time to evaluate this possibility. i tell u not for my personal glory but for the will to help u don't waste many energies on a java program that will need many more "work from scratch" to add basic functions.

I hope for u to make a great program.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member chvis002's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to say that the auto level funktion is perfect when i comes to HQ raws. It's lightyears ahead of photoshops version!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

About the leveling, thanks a lot. I just wanted to let everyone know that this project isn't dead, I've just been quite busy lately with work/holidays/Final Fantasy XII, so I really haven't had time to put any significant amount of time into it. Now that holidays are over, and I'm very close to finishing FFXII, I will be devoting myself to this project again.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stringman520
    About the leveling, thanks a lot. I just wanted to let everyone know that this project isn't dead, I've just been quite busy lately with work/holidays/Final Fantasy XII, so I really haven't had time to put any significant amount of time into it. Now that holidays are over, and I'm very close to finishing FFXII, I will be devoting myself to this project again.
    Excellent! Good luck with the project! Now that I think about it, I should probably start playing my FFXII again...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rankgain
    Excellent! Good luck with the project! Now that I think about it, I should probably start playing my FFXII again...
    Yeah, its quite a bitch, especially being a perfectionist, needing to get everything.[br]Posted on: January 03, 2007, 11:34:55 AM_________________________________________________Okay, after a long hiatus, I'm back on this project. You should be expecting an update in the next few days with full batch support of current applications, which should really help with auto leveling and other things. I was considering for a while dropping the project and redesigning it as more of a Photoshop plugin, but I don't know the beginnings of any of that, and being a realist, I wouldn't want to devote the time to figure it out and create everything. This should be used in addition to Photoshop, to help with the more repetitive, menial tasks associated with cleaning and scanlating a manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thought this was dead. >.> I know I would have gave up. Sounds so difficult. But keep up the good work, man!

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

The download link is down. This program should help in training new members for my group.

Can you kindly re up the mirror? Thanks a lot. i just want to try it out.

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_uchiha's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Link expired! Con someone kindly re-up please

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zidane's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, would you please update it again?

Banned 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, please reupload it again....

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Uchiha Dany's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, you're brilliant! I'll keep a close eye in this project! I guess I want to be like you when I grow up, hahahahahahaha
    Really, I don't even want to wonder the size of the code, I mean, to make a program 'understand an image', it must be really complex, xD
    If you need help to make a small hotsite for the project or something of the sort, talk to me will ya?

PS: Is the project still alive? If not, at least release the source code, it may show to be useful to someone someday, xD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently I had been unsubscribed to this topic, I thought interest had sort of died on this because I hadn't received any notifications about this recently and thought interest had died, and then I receive a PM about it. In actuality, I've been looking to restart this project but thought that it was dead due to a lack of interest, when I look back at the topic, and see there had been a few responses. I had worked on a totally different project and completed it since then. Actually, to plug this other project, I wrote a program which will download and compress any available manga on onemanga.com, so if you want to read an entire manga available on there, it will download, and compress every image of a chapter into a zip file. Now, I'm willing to release this program as long as it won't piss off anybody involved with their site. I'm very appreciative of what they do, and don't want to annoy anybody involved (or get myself banned from their site). I did it more as a "can I do this?" rather than as a public project, and it will actually help a lot with this project, since I learned a lot about thread safety, which will be tremendously helpful with the cleaner. Back to the cleaner, since I am planning on doing this again, I offer this to the community. Play with what is available (I will reupload to sendspace and rapidshare and update the link on the OP) and tell me what you'd like to see. I think my plan is still to implement batch processing, as with the current image functions available, batch processing would be tremendously useful.

Oh and I cannot stress enough, if you are interested in trying this program and are getting error messages or unexpected results, go here: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp. When playing with the program tonight, I realized that it if you do not download the JDK (instead of the JRE, which is what is distributed by default with Windows), some functions will not work properly (specifically auto level/level). If there ever is a wide distribution, this will be handled by some sort of an installer, but for now since at best this is an alpha release, I rely on you to deal with this.

EDIT: uploaded current version to http://rapidshare.com/files/83519803...ject.jar.htmll
    and http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ac0mg
    Last edited by stringman520; January 13, 2008 at 12:36 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast