Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who would win....

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mayuri Kurotsuchi

3 6.12%
  • Kisuke Urahara

46 93.88%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mayuri vs. Urahara

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayuri vs. Urahara

So out of the two division 12 captains we have seen, who is the better. Mayuri is a sadistic mastermind who always seems to have something up his sleeve and has shown to be very versatile in his use of his Bankai. Urahara is a mastermind as well although his research isn't as creative in some senses as Mayuri's, Urahara can possibly but at another level due to his works in developing the Hogyoku. Plus you can say that SS has turned to Urahara on several occasions for things like getting people to Hueco Mundo as well as the barrier instead of having Mayuri and division 12 do things like that. So it could seem that Urahara may have the upper hand in the genius category. So what do you guys think, the sadistic mastermind that Mayuri is or the Genius and unknown powers of Urahara.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mayuri VS. Urahara

Urahara would win, no doubt. He's most likely smarter then Mayuri, his shikai alone rocks, with its energy attack and shield, and all Mayuri can probably do to him is poison him with his bankai, but Urahara could probably do something like put one of his shields around his head so he doesn't breathe in the poison. In addition, we still have to see his bankai.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mhm, just to show Mayuri some love, he always seems to scout his opponents out first and always comes prepared to the battlefield, and he never does the exact same thing twice when it comes to his battles. You figure that since Urahara also mentored him if you will, Mayuri may have a lot of data on Urahara as well. Not that I don't think Urahara can win, I just wanted try and level the playing field just for discussion's sake .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with Urahara for many reasons. He was Mayuri's supperior, he is proficent in all of Zankensouki, he's never bled, he's never been in a situation he couldnt handle with Shikai alone and he's a been forshadowed to be a beast.

That said...Mayuri is someone you should NEVER ever underestimate for any reason. If I was a captain class shinigami and had to pick opponent he would probably be the person I'd be most hesitant to fight with the possible exception of Yamamoto/Aizen because of his poisons and dirty tricks. Still Urahara>Mayuri for me.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Right, if you were to base it just on power alone, Urahara would win hands down, but Mayuri's evil plans and sneaky tactics can always catch you off guard and can often even level the playing field depending on what he has actually pull out of his butt, lol.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In power, obviously Urahara would win, but I think he could at least match Mayuri in clever tactics and devices if he needed to, as well, ultimately canceling out that advantage Mayuri normally has over his opponents. I think Urahara would win. He might even manage it without going bankai. Maybe. Depends on how powerful Mayuri's bankai can be at things other than poison gas. We've never really gotten a fair show of what it can do in that respect. Against Ishida, it dashed toward him only to be ripped a new one by an arrow from the final form. Against Szayel, it just flopped down and ate him while he was weakened and panicking from the poison.
    Last edited by JP_Russell; July 19, 2009 at 03:06 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

This one is kinda hard. For one thing, does mayuri have nemu with him? She is a very convenient object for mayuri to have and it would make a significant difference IMHO considering how she has been used before.

Now, lets see:
    -Urahara was an assassin from the second squad.
    -Urahara has intellect on par with that of mayuri(mayuri is not bounded by things as consideration or morality whatsoever though)

Swordmaship: Urahara as a former assassin should have at least decent skills here. I would think urahara is superior in this department.

Shunpo: A must have for a former assassin. Doing speedily stealthy things is the only way for a former assassin. Considering he trained with yoruichi, he should be fairly proficient in this department. Mayuri has shown shunpo but there is nothing to suggest he is a beast with it and even the databook gives him a relatively low number in this.

Hand to hand combat: For obvious reasons, I would think urahara has greater skill in this department. Mayuri's only plus here is his uncanny ability to replace and modify his own body to his liking. In that sense, mayuri could be a threat in this department.

Kido: Both seem to have great mastery over this area, really hard to say who is the better one. I would say they tie in this department or maybe mayuri even has the edge.

Also, an important question would be on how would kisuke deal with mayuri's bankai poison. The poison would just rapidly cover a large area regardless of anything and I doubt kisuke can come up with an antidote immediately(specially for a poison made by mayuri). I know we have not seen kisuke's bankai but I doubt it would specifically protect him from poison even if it can overpower mayuri's.

There is also that convenient trick mayuri can use to turn himself into an invincible incapable of attack liquid. In that case, kisuke would be incapable of harming mayuri and mayuri would be incapable of harming kisuke.

I would have to say kisuke is overall much stronger than mayuri but mayuri's tricks and abilities could result in a tie or even a long term eventual defeat of urahara(as was the case when the poison almost killed ishida)

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mayuri vs. Urahara

Just thought of something for Urahara to defend against the poison....
    Spoiler show

Urahara does have this shield he can make, I wonder to what extent he could use it, maybe even wrap a shield around him in order to block the poison from surrounding him....just a thought

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

its a cloud of posion i dont think a simple front barrier would save him, look the dust behind the barrier, people are giving a lot of credit to urahara im fan of them both but you should know that mayuri is a maniacal genius so for every urahara's abilities he would compensate with every invention he has. So lets put a bit of effort in these analyses

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That just leads to more speculation about the shield than whats necessary or healthy lol. Even if urahara could use the shield in such a manner, would he be able to attack from the inside? If he uses it in that manner and cannot attack from the inside, he is basically just waiting to either starve or receive a counter which would destroy his shield from mayuri. Not a wise move IMHO, it would be better to stop mayuri's poison from the very start.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I think the most Urahara's got going for him is his hype so far and his usage of what little skills we've seen (basically just his shikai and his inventions like the blow-up gigai).

Mayuri's had two good fights to show us his power (Ishida and Syazel) as well as his unusual inventions.

So it's hard to judge from an evidence standpoint. However, personally, i think Urahara would take the win just because he's hyped to be powerful, but from the physical evidence alone, Mayuri's shown impressive power in his bankai, and Urahara... hasn't shown us his bankai.

So based on evidence: Victor Unknown

Personal opinion with the hype and mystique of Urahara: Urahara.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Boagrious's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I think both have to be killed twice and in quick succession.
    Why so Serious?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member robert_nsu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets see... the three shinigami techniques that should be mastered are:
    zanjutsu (Swordsmanship)
    hakuda (hand-to-hand combat)
    kido (demon magic)
    hoho (flash step)

All four categories go to Urahara, imho. Also, Urahara can deploy an inflatable gigai during combat. If you ask me, Mayuri wouldn't stand a chance.
    Looking for:
    1. The bankai's of all the exiled captains (including Isshin, Urahara, and Yoruichi)
    2. Aizen's real plan...
    3. Wonderwice Margera
    4. A new technique for Ichigo
    5. A villain that realizes stabbing a good guy in the chest means instant-death.
    6. That big fooking eyeball behind Aizen and co during their SS exodus.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ganjabuss's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

urahara for me...also i believe he is a vaizard...
    Ohana-chan give us early chapter...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    To be honest, I think the most Urahara's got going for him is his hype so far and his usage of what little skills we've seen (basically just his shikai and his inventions like the blow-up gigai).

Mayuri's had two good fights to show us his power (Ishida and Syazel) as well as his unusual inventions.

So it's hard to judge from an evidence standpoint. However, personally, i think Urahara would take the win just because he's hyped to be powerful, but from the physical evidence alone, Mayuri's shown impressive power in his bankai, and Urahara... hasn't shown us his bankai.

So based on evidence: Victor Unknown

Personal opinion with the hype and mystique of Urahara: Urahara.
    I completely agree with this post. People vote for urahara because he is so mysterious and in the fights he has shown, he showed clear superiority

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast