Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: This Week (Road 137-138-139-140-141-142-143) Discussions and Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member majed2000's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Road 137-138) Discussions and Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by "~Mail~" View Post
    again, another dangerous play from Tsubasa. The ball is on the air and higher than normal height which is dangerous for a kick to be that high. Come on ref, where's your good judgement. And the subsequent foul for barging to Callusias (which in this case in his GK area) should be pointed out also.
    tsubasa wasn't that much close to the goalkeeper face or his body when he hit the ball ,beside that the goalkeeper wasn't n his area ...look again at P 08 ,they both are out .

beside all that ,let us say that the ref did a mistake which is happening n real life score alot ,so u shouldn't be complaining about it ,you wanted CT to be much closer to real life ,or that because it was advantage 4 tsubasa....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantaBla View Post
    I predict Tsubasa will stay in mid-air for a few seconds and do an overhead haha.
    I do agree. I've had the exact prediction since I saw the ball didn't go in :P

It will be an overhead kick :x

@Mail

Though, I agree with your statement about the rules and that it's more likely that Tsubasa did a dangerous play, it's still a fantasy soccer manga. Come on, you can't always apply real life rules for it. I was already happy, when the ref saw Marientos (or however he is spelled...^^) diving then.
    As Captain Tsubasa haven't always being realistic, I don't see why it should suddenly start taking all rules into consideration.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by majed2000 View Post
    beside all that ,let us say that the ref did a mistake which is happening n real life score alot
    For me, it's not a mistake. Tsubasa and Callusias went for the ball, and touched the ball. Then, there was a collision, body contact happens in soccer. If there was a foul everytime a player touched another one...
    It'd be a foul if Tsubasa kicked the ball if Callusias had the ball, if he kicked Callusias, or if he charged Callusias if Callusias had the ball. Or in Callusias' case, if Callusias went for Tsubasa and not the ball.
    It's another nice judgement from the referee for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Invis View Post
    As Captain Tsubasa haven't always being realistic, I don't see why it should suddenly start taking all rules into consideration.
    Rules are taken into consideration. Fonseca and Payol mentioned a foul play from Callusias, Makelolo and Marientos mentioned a dangerous play from Tsubasa. The referee just judged that it wasn't the case.

And I wonder how far must Takahashi go for the readers to understand: he drew players from both sides mentioning a foul, he drew the referee hesitating and not whistling... So, obviously, rules are taken into consideration, with human, realistic referees. Some are laxists, some are going easy, others are precise, utterly annoying or make stupid decisions.
    Real soccer fans should know about the incident between Schumacher and Battiston in the '86 world cup...
    The human referees and their decisions is in fact a pretty realistic element.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    For me, it's not a mistake. Tsubasa and Callusias went for the ball, and touched the ball. Then, there was a collision, body contact happens in soccer. If there was a foul everytime a player touched another one...
    It'd be a foul if Tsubasa kicked the ball if Callusias had the ball, if he kicked Callusias, or if he charged Callusias if Callusias had the ball. Or in Callusias' case, if Callusias went for Tsubasa and not the ball.

Rules are taken into consideration. Fonseca and Payol mentioned a foul play from Callusias, Makelolo and Marientos mentioned a dangerous play from Tsubasa. The referee just judged that it wasn't the case.

And I wonder how far must Takahashi go for the readers to understand: he drew players from both sides mentioning a foul, he drew the referee hesitating and not whistling... So, obviously, rules are taken into consideration, with human, realistic referees. Some are laxists, some are going easy, others are precise, utterly annoying or make stupid decisions.
    Real soccer fans should know about the incident between Schumacher and Battiston in the '86 world cup...
    The human referees and their decisions is in fact a pretty realistic element.
    Well, the rules are always debattable, for me it was a "hohes Bein" (german, don't know what's the term in english), meaning it was possible to hurt Callusias if it goes wrong, because the leg was in such a high position. It wasn't a direct attack though, just possible to hurt.

I'm not complaining about the ref (what should I do complaining about the ref in a manga^^). He's doing what he's supposed to do, but where just discussing the decision. I would have whistled, though it doesn't mean it had to be done.

Well, I also kind of laughed at the end of the first half, when Natureza was as the side line near the penalty area and the spectators were counting down till the end of the half...^^ At least in this time, no ref is ending the half while there's an offensive going an and in the enemy or around the enemy penalty area. I haven't seen any referee stopping an offensive play that is such progresses as depicted there, because the time is up. They usually wait until the ball is cleared or outside the game field.

I'll still heavily enjoy CT, but just my two cents
    And again, great job, Shinji.

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: This Week (Road 137-138) Discussions and Predictions

yeah ,i see it was a good judgement 4 the referee too, i am saying even if it was a mistake or bad judgmement or not ,Mail shouldn't complain about it ,it doesn't mean that i see it as a mistake.
    Last edited by majed2000; July 21, 2009 at 08:52 AM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I never said that you were complaining about the referee, never said that you shouldn't discuss it and never said that you saw this as a mistake.

I just threw my two cents as well.

To Invis in particular: Why the laugh? Don't tell me that you never saw (well, heard) supporters counting 'till the count reaches 0? That's an ambient effect, it doesn't mean that the play would have ended. It was just for Natureza, who wears number 0, to score with a 0 angle shoot when the count reaches 0.

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: This Week (Road 137-138) Discussions and Predictions

I never said that you were complaining about the referee, never said that you shouldn't discuss it and never said that you saw this as a mistake.

To Invis in particular: Why the laugh? Don't tell me that you never saw (well, heard) supporters counting 'till the count reaches 0? That's an ambient effect, it doesn't mean that the play would have ended. It was just for Natureza, who wears number 0, to score with a 0 angle shoot when the count reaches 0.
    sorry , i misunderstood u.

about ,Nat's shoot ,it is the first time i notic that he meant to score at count 0, i thought he was gust counting to score befor the end of the time ...really cool .

byway ,i have seen many goals like this ( from the same angle ) even a harder angle as well ,i will try to search for them to post it here.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? Uh, then my bad. I misinterpreted then. Then kind of forget what I said and I'm looking forward for the end

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, it's because of the dumb referee during the match against France Jr. Youth who refused goals everytime

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Silen's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

to Invis, but not to be particularly against you ^_^ I'm just making some considerations

what i completely agree with Shinji is
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinji
    rules are taken into consideration, with human, realistic referees. Some are laxists, some are going easy, others are precise, utterly annoying or make stupid decisions.
    exactly as it happens in real soccer
    i've seen tons of times a referee not whistling at a foul, for any reason already given, while other players, speakers, coaches and half of the stadium protesting aganist his (well, right now we must add also "her" ) decision
    during the International World Youth in Paris, in the original CT arc, we also found one referee, the semi-final France vs. All-Japan one, who seemed to be clearly in favour of the home team.
    I guess that almost everyone had at least once thought he might be corrupted...
    and here, I can easily make a real soccer example with Moggi scandal in Juventus

I know, it's because of the dumb referee during the match against France Jr. Youth who refused goals everytime
    oh, well, seems that while i was posting, Shinji-sama made my same thought
    Last edited by Silen; July 21, 2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member angel1980's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (Road 137-138-139) Discussions and Predictions

Chapter 139 is out (btw it's being spelled 138 in the download page atm).

Un-freaking-believable, THE MATCH IS STILL NOT OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, it's corrected.

I just love all the build-up for Tsubasa's reaction in this chapter. It's not just like the usual "flashback-of-what-we've-already-seen", it's more, it feels like everything was drawn for this very moment. Really, it's... Brilliant.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

A bit surprised by the fact Tsubasa didn't use an overhead to score, but this is much better. Isn't it the same Zenten Diaz uses, but hitting the ball with the spikes and not the heel? The overall lack of action is nicely compensated by the flashbacks, as Shinji already pointed out.

Now then, was that shot strong enough to go in just like that? Won't some of the defenders be able to react? Could Naturezza dash all the way to the goalline to deflect the ball? Somehow, I feel it too simple for Tsubasa to score with "just" that
    The day Naruto manga FAILED made funny ==> Chapter 448 Crack

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Diaz didn't use his hand, he ran, jumped, and did his somersault in the air, hitting the ball with the back of his shin.
    Since Tsubasa was falling, used his arm, and had less margin to hit the ball, i think it's much more impressive... Although indeed, the shoot must be weaker because of the circumstances.

I don't think any human being, even the ones in CT, can make it on time. I wouldn't be surprised to see a sideback run from the sides to block it usually, but since Olgado and Robecaro were both near Tsubasa...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member buddahmaster's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if someone reacted to block the shot I think that it's going in more of a lob motion so it'll just fall into the goal, just my opinion from what I saw in the chapter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast