Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Renji

20 80.00%
  • Rukia

5 20.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Renji vs Rukia

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Izkity's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Renji vs Rukia

On one hand, Renji has achieved Bankai - however it doesn't appear to be all that powerful (as compared to others). Renji's sword is heavy and can strike with a lot of force behind it, but is quite easy to dodge if you're nimble, like Rukia is. The same goes for his Bankai - if you keep on your toes, you have a fairly good chance of dodging most of the blows. Although, his Shikai means that he can do long-range attacks.

Rukia hasn't achieved Bankai yet, but appears to have a fairly powerful Shikai; she was able to freeze Grimmjow in position, if only for a few minutes. She is also fairly light and nimble, therefore has a better chance of dodging some of Renji's attacks.

Who do you think would win?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renji vs Rukia

Right now I have to say Renji-when the chips are down he's a bankai user and she isnt-she shouldnt eb able to kill him but who knows. She is fast but i dont see her being able to dodge Higa Zekko. I also dont think she could evade or block Hokotsu Taihou. And if he can really do Higga Zekkou in bankai like he did in the filler shed be toast...but with that said I think it would be close now and if she gets bankai she would be by far the supperior shinigami. At least she has an espada kill under her belt
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Izkity's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune_Taichou View Post
    At least she has an espada kill under her belt
    Although having said that, she was only able to kill Aaroniero because he was an arrogant jerk. If he'd attacked her properly instead of just playing around, she wouldn't have had a chance. But I get your point

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see if this makes sense:

I think Rukia is a better fighter, but Renji is more powerful.

By better fighter I mean:

1. She's probably quicker, lighter, more nimble, like you said.
    2. Her zanpakutou has several abilities
    3. She seems to be better at Kidou, and we know she uses it a lot as part of her fighting style

But Renji would probably win anyway, because he has a huge bankai.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Izkity View Post
    Although having said that, she was only able to kill Aaroniero because he was an arrogant jerk. If he'd attacked her properly instead of just playing around, she wouldn't have had a chance. But I get your point
    yh thats true though technically she was impared because he looked like kaien-one she would have hit him with that spell if she didnt need to remove kaiens face first and two she wouldnt have let herself get impaled like that.

But renji would stilll win unless she gets a bankai lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Renji has bankai. If he didn't I don't think Renji would have a chance defeating Rukia with his shikai, but thats not the case. Rukia's shikai shouldn't be able to handle a bankai, even if its Renji's.

And yeah,I think we all agree, Rukia caught Aaroniero off guard, and she had to let herself get impaled in order to do so. She had no chance against him in a straightforward fight.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Just bankai is more than enough to make renji get an extremely easy win IMHO. Even without bankai, renji should still be stronger, faster and an overall better swordsman than rukia. Without bankai he could have trouble with rukia's ice type zampakuto but just 1 hit from zabimaru will be more than enough to break appart rukia's frail and tiny body.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Re: Renji vs Rukia

renji definately because even byakuya felt it was necessary to use a bankai to beat a bankai because with his personality he wouldnt use it if he didnt need to

i think zaraki aizen and yama is the only one capable of fighting a bankai without using there own

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juice88 View Post
    renji definately because even byakuya felt it was necessary to use a bankai to beat a bankai because with his personality he wouldnt use it if he didnt need to

i think zaraki aizen and yama is the only one capable of fighting a bankai without using there own
    I don't think byakuya really needed his bankai to win though. The only reason renji lasted more than a few seconds against byakuya was because he had extremely detailed knowledge of his abilities and special techniques. If he hadn't had that, he would not have lasted a second.

Look at this:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/142/10/

I really doubt byakuya actually needed bankai to defeat a restrained man who could barely control his own power. IMHO byakuya just used it to prove how great the difference in power is between them. Byakuya could have just as easily used his shikai or any hado to blow renji appart.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Without bankai, I'd say it's a close win in favor of rukia. Much more useful shikai, with 3 abiliites (well, only two practical abilities). Plus, she can actually use kidou unlike Renji. Renji still wins in terms of brute strength, but I think Rukia's got the win in speed and kidou, as well as just versatility of zanpakutou abilities.

However, Renji's bankai tips it way too much in his favor though. Yes, it's clusmy and slow, it's basically just his shikai, but like 20x bigger and with a cannon that he can use every once in a while, however, that size difference gives him extra power and reach as well as a more versatile fighting style all around. Rukia is gonna have a hard time getting attacks in on Renji with such a huge bankai chasing her around, not to mention it has decent defense as well.

So my opinion is that in Shikai, Rukia would take a close win, including bankai, she'd lose pretty bad.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Rukia would even be able to dodge attacks from Renji's bankai easily. Even Byakuya, who had been evading it, got caught up with by it and had to grapple with its teeth a bit.

Anyway, easy win for Byakuya once he uses bankai.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Frankly, I think rukia would have a considerable amount of trouble just with renji's shikai. It has been kinda downplayed due to renji having bankai but it still has quite a bit of power.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Frankly, I think rukia would have a considerable amount of trouble just with renji's shikai. It has been kinda downplayed due to renji having bankai but it still has quite a bit of power.
    I have to say I think renji is potentially more dangerous in shikai until he learns to really use his bankai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ozehro's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

bankai bankai bankai!

yes Tite has downplayed bankai's a lot. but they are still very important dammit!
    Rukia is like a 3rd seat If I'm right so Renji easily takes the prize!

*Predictions:*
    |Ulquiorra was the only VL under Aizen|
    |Aizen is not the last villain in Bleach|
    |Use the espada sig and Credit Geoff|

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

The battles are getting to a point of shame, rukia vs renji? o.o come on, is better to see a monkey trying to breath underwater. In the end get to the factor that renji is in love with rukia, so he would lose just like that. Too bad

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast