Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kidou discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Kidou discussion

EDIT: Here's the originating thread for this topic. Since the topic had started to digress into kidou arts, I thought this deserved it's own thread. But here's a link back to the originating thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9166.0 - WL

Kidou can be very very useful..iF Aizen sent flying a captain by just using a single spell(and only a third of its destructive power was released) imagine the effect that a perfect kidou use can have!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Upper level Kidou

Well I mean for instance the Kidou he used Number 90 , if that was only a third of its power then at even 75% I would guess that it is an almost guranteed kill. One thing I am a little confused about is that apparently the higher the number the harder and stronger then spell? how come a pre-SS ichigo was able to completely break free from the binding spell #99 ? I would assume that would be the ulitmate spell and it even looke pretty koo , and yet Ichigo ripped through it like it was nothing before he was even close to captain level. Perhaps the flux in power from his Hollow trans was to blame but still I would have hope it would be stronger.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Upper level Kidou

I think so. I f you see the level of the Kidou rises prportionally to the numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Upper level Kidou

@ poopoomaru
    i think it was the Way of Binding, Number 1 Sai.. the one Rukia used on Ichigo in the first episode.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Upper level Kidou

No I am talking about the one Tessai used on ichigo when he was turning hollow , he called it way of binding #99 , it had the bandages and then the needles and then the giant block falling on his head

Post Thanks / Like

Upper level Kidou

oh that yeh you are right. it has bandages and then he used song 2 of that binding spell. hehe and thats my display pic. u can see when he come outta the hole with badages and needles on him.
    99. 禁 kin - seal, binds the arms of the target with spiritual fabric and iron shafts.
    99, part 2. 卍禁 bankin - great seal, The first song wraps the target in a strong fabric, the second song pierces it with metal blades, the final song smashes the target with an immense metal cube.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Upper level Kidou

My point being though how weak it seemed , maybe it was Tessai, for intstance on the hundred gate bolts the amount of needles that stab him are far below 100 , so maybe he did not do it right.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it also depends on how strong your reiatsu is to effect the strength of the kidou. I think the reason why Aizen's was so strong is because he has a ton of reiatsu so it is really strong. Also, Ichigo was in the process of turning into a vaizard so he was probably at his max potential strength at that moment when Tessai was using those binding spells so he was able to overpower those binding kidou.
    Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
    Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
    Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
    Urazz's Sister: Ok!
    *Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
    Urazz: $%^&%(#
    Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
    *Urazz whimpers like a baby*

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

it was bakudo (way of binding) that tessai was using, while it was hadou (destruction) aizen used. those are both kidou but different class of kidou.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member glasskatana's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we even know how many Kidou there are? I always assumed there are 100 Bakudo and 100 Hadou. Also, what's the difference between Bakudo and Hadou? There seem to be some Bakudo that...well, are used to destroy, not to bind.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bakashijinsan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

perhaps there are different kinds of kidou and other demon arts and for each one, there is a certain level. like [name of demon art insert here] #20 is weaker than [name of demon art insert here] #90

i can see ichigo learning this stuff to some extent but it won't be sufficient enough to cause major damage in battle since we all know ichigo is kind of dull with these kind of stuff.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont expect Ichigo to ever learn Kidou , not that he needs to , the possibilities for variation are so great in his own that there would be no point in making him master a completely different form fighting

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poopoomaru
    I dont expect Ichigo to ever learn Kidou , not that he needs to , the possibilities for variation are so great in his own that there would be no point in making him master a completely different form fighting
    i don't expect him learning it either, but i would be greatful if he could...
    just think of yoruichis style for using kidou to heighten the physical strength.... it is certainly needed for ichigo to go against aizen, who mastered kidou nearly complete.

and it would make some more variations possible in the fighting... i would certainly love to see at least basic kidou used by ichigo...

Grand Taichou 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity WinterLion's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

More than anything I would like to see the all different kidou arts. We've only seen a few from each of the hadou and bakudou categories. And I would really like to see more of them.

As for Ichigo learning how to use kidou, imo it's highly unlikely. Ichigo just doesn't know how to control his reiryoku enough to learn kidou. Maybe Kubo will write the story later on so that he learns, but I don't really think so. Ichigo's character isn't really the type that to learn something as intricate as kidou. He's more of a smash-and-bash type.
    Not on the site anymore, See Forum Leaders Thread for the responsible folks.

Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member delapaz13's Avatar
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

the highest level of kidou(we've seen so far)is 99 Black Coffin, Part 1. Seal (禁, kin?) — Binds the arms of a target with spiritual fabric and iron shafts.
    99, Part 2. Great seal (卍禁, bankin?) — This spell covers a target from head to toe with spiritual fabric (first song), stabs them with numerous metal blades (second song), and then smashes them with an immense metal cube (final song)
    Incantation: First song: halting fabric (shiryū), second song: hundred linked bolts (hyakurensan), final song: great seal of 10,000 forbiddings (bankin taihō).

Used by Tessai Tsukabishi.*

note*he lives with kisuke urahara at the urahara shoten.we have yet to see a level 100 blasting (hadou) spell: the one above is a bakudo (binding spell)
    "I am the bone of my sword.
    Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
    I have created over a thousand blades.
    Unknown to death.
    Nor known to life.
    Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
    Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
    So as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."

http://www.friendster.com/throneofheroes

New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast