Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Drifters by Hirano Kouta

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drifters by Hirano Kouta

Bronze could easily refer to the color though. It is not necessarily a metalic thing, we could still and probably will have the red, blue, black dragons and so on each with a distinct property.

Just went through all the chapters and it seems the elves and dwarfs are indeed refered to as demihumans. I would think that alone is enough for the dark king to throw them in with normal humans.

I do wonder how exactly is it that they are going to win the war against the dark king though. At the moment the gang is taking over a seemingly already destroyed country however as of now the dark king already has a mighty army of creatures capable of fighting. Perhaps the issue will be the sheer dependance on the dark king? They have unlimited supplies and a number of other things thanks to his power however as we just saw the dark king can't actually be everywhere. Perhaps the key to defeating his army is to attack places where he is not at. Defeating the army of the dark king with him being there would be impossible as soldiers could go back to the battlefield in an instant and food and wood would never run out for his side however if he is attacked in locations where he is currently not at the he has a severe weakness. Can the monsters fight without him being there?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose so, but given the numerous basic colors available, it seems weird.

Given what we saw of their battle at that northern fort, the main force itself isn't all that dangerous on their own, no more then any large army. Seems like the Offscourings were the ones who were doing the major damage. And of course, we saw the effects guns had against them. As for the Dark King, I was thinking Ame no Seimei would probably counter him, given his reputed magical abilities. Should allow the odds to be evened out for the eventual battle later on.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think abe no semei can hold a candle here so far. Didn't he say his strength lied in divination and something else? He doesn't strike me as being as powerful as the dark king so far. The dark king has the actual ability to just give people cancer as we just saw.... If semie could actually do something that significant then he wouldn't have allowed that one nation to fall mere chapters back.

The offscouring are without a doubt important however I don't think we have enough to suggest that them alone made the battle. The dark king has thousands upon thousands of soldiers. they have aerial creatures and a number of other things.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Divination and magic arts. Weren't Onmyoji's known for healing too. Anyway, seeing as how the Dark King has stayed back from battle too, I would say they're probably about even. The whole problem with using healing abilities offensively is that they require physical contact, limiting who it could be used against at one time.

Well considering those at the northern fort had seeming kept them at bay for centuries, the forces themselves don't appear stronger then any other. And as mentioned by Oda, the introduction of the Gatling Gun changes the whole battlefield. Since they're on their way to manufacturing their own guns, numbers won't mean much when they finish. The wyverns are probably on par with the offscouring.
    Last edited by Rikudou King; November 26, 2012 at 09:31 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't there supposed to be a chapter by now? According to chapter 33 next issue was supposed to be on sale on november 30. Any news on this?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump!
    http://raw.senmanga.com/Drifters/34/1/

Raw for the chapter is out, hope someone cares (and hope a translation is released soon)... It seems very interesting although I would love to know the finer details.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Real interested in the conversation between Anastasia and Rasputin, and what's going on with the bronze dragon. Can predict what's going on between Nobunaga and the dwarfs.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised that jeane was rescued. I didn't think the offscouring would be caring in the least. It does seem like jeane will come back with a vengeance. For some reason I expected her to lose her fire based powers though. She seemed to have found some level of redemption when she fell to the well, I thought remembering some of her humanity would take away her inhuman abilities.

I am surprised that anastasia seemed to have a superior/condescending attitude towards jeane. She was just a princess in her life, I did not expect her to have something to say to someone who was an actual warrior.

No clue on what the conversation between rasputing and anastasia.

As for the dragon, I kinda expected the black king to heal him. It does seem like he intends for it to suffer though. Anyways, from what I gather they intend to cut off the tumors around the dragon. Dragon tumor burgers? I am guessing that once the black king deems the dragon has suffered enough he will restore it to its former glory. Perhaps keeping the dragon like that is simply a more efficient way of subjugating his kin though.

As for the dwarfs, they do seem interested in the mechanism of the gun. Perhaps they are one step away from figuring out mass production? Overall the black king has a logistic advantage over the other side. They have no need for food and resources are at large unlimited. Perhaps to offset that the other side will come up with actual technology. They have guns and gunpowder, they just need the means to produce them. The dwarfs can figure out how to make them but even if they do that they need a way to mass produce them. Perhaps the knowledge the other drifters have of the future (mainly, things are made in factories) will set them on the right track towards mass production. It might not sound like much but if they do figure out mass production they could take out entire battalions of what the dark king has with relatively few troops. In the end the dark king does not seem to have power over metal so far so perhaps that will be a resource which the drifters will be able to exploit better than the dark king and his lazy non existent need for logistics or supply chain management.

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tobi Uchiha's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started reading Drifters 2 weeks ago and it quickly has become one of my top 10 favorite mangas. bought the 2 volumes (has been quite a while since i last actually bought a manga, shame on me!) and i love it.

While waiting for the next chapter (thinking if i should start scanlating it ), i found this:

http://www.vingle.net/posts/92879-Ko...fters-animated

It seems that we are lucky and are getting our drifters-anime, even though it was quite obvious before due to the last hellsing OVA. but still, really happy and looking forward to it!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member redon's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

DRIFTERS 35 RAW

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mxijkt

Next chapter 30th March.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter 35 out? But we don't even have a translation of chapter 34 yet.... Does anyone have that chapter?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    chapter 35 out? But we don't even have a translation of chapter 34 yet.... Does anyone have that chapter?
    There is none.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally chapter 34 is out.... nice chapter although nothing much was said which we would be unable to infer from the raw. I am kinda surprised the dark king went that way with the dragon. I guess free meat is good for armies but how good can it be to feed them cancerous dragon? I wonder if the dark king will ever forgive the dragon for that matter... he already kinda submitted.

It seems the drifters will be getting their guns even sooner than expected, it does not seem as if muskets where that complicated to begin with. The dwarfs are expert blacksmith so perhaps they might even make some improvements there. The combination of elves and muskets is bound to be remarkable in the future too, perhaps that will be one of the more interesting developments later on. I also wonder how they plan on integrating dwarfs with new technology.... Dwarfs are strong and resilient, what could they specially benefit from? Perhaps they could carry Gatling guns in a more convenient way? They wouldn't have to even aim with one of those anyways.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast