Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Drifters by Hirano Kouta

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Drifters by Hirano Kouta

Hey guys thought I would open up a new thread for a recently started ongoing manga series called Drifters(you would be familiar with it if you were a fan of Hellsing) by Hirano Kouta. Anyways their artwork is really similar and makes me remember the hellsing days.

http://www.onemanga.com/Drifters/

Plot-:
    Shimazu Toyohisa whilst involved at Battle of Sekigahara is depicted as the one who critically injured Ii Naomasa (though actual sources say that stray fire was the cause), who then retreats. As Toyohisa walks from the field broken and bleeding, he is transported to corridor of doors with man at a desk in the center. While he is stunned by this, he sucked into the nearest door and wakes up in another world, meeting others like him who have been transported, referred to as "Drifters"
    (yeah yeah I copied it from wikipedia)

Well this manga looks to be exciting though only 3 chapters have been released yet. So feel free to discuss.
    Last edited by Pavitre; July 23, 2009 at 10:26 AM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drifters by Hirano Kouta

read all 3 chapters and i am intrigued by the story. can't wait for chapter 4.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Laika's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*page turn*

Not to hate on the series or anything. I think the mangaka is pretty decent and I liked Hellsing anyways, but gosh the way the dialogue got edited makes me want to face palm.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Well guys, the 4th chapter came out and I seriously don't know what's going in in the story. I mean where is it going, old fighters from different era come to some mysterious place, some millitary type ppl then some elves appear, what is this story sbout?

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pavitre View Post
    Well guys, the 4th chapter came out and I seriously don't know what's going in in the story. I mean where is it going, old fighters from different era come to some mysterious place, some millitary type ppl then some elves appear, what is this story sbout?
    That's definitely the purpose. You're getting hooked up because of those questions. People are sent to places with the purpose to save the world (that's what I make up thanks to that leader/observer's words). I like it and I expect it to be answered after this upcoming battle. The people making this ruckus in the village are probably the reason why they became drifters. The art is great imo. Drifters caught me and I definitely look forward to more
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cleodux's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read the 4 chapters just now, and yes the art remind me a lot with Hellsing. Especially the blood >.< I guess drifters are those guys who do battle and usually often are famous ppl. But maybe there are also drifters who are normal ppl.

I expect no less from Hirano Kouta, his new series will be the same kick ass like Hellsing. It just that he is really lazy (something that he clearly admit) and if we are lucky we get 24p chapter per month, if we are not, expect a 10p chapter >.<

I am not even sure if he intends to finish Hellsing: The Dawn

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [NEW SERIES] Drifters by Hirano Kouta

I hope he doesn't get lazy on this one, after Hellsing we need something even better or as good as it.

One more chapter up guys. I guess the statement Alternate Warring Era gives a clue as to the gathering of these warriors from diff era's. Still no sign of the antagonist though.
    Last edited by Pavitre; September 03, 2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

yup i have just read cp5. OMG even though its only 16p this chapter is quiet a badass.. I smile a bit when the 3 comparing their age lol.

It seems like all the famous people from all over the world got drifted to that place, and the local ppl are stuck on their war about claiming territory?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

artwork is good, but i'm lost now on the story. i expected more pages from a "monthly" series too. whatever.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yah, i think if Hiraro consitently draws 40 pages monthly, Drifters will has more love from readers >.<

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

The series is so slow, I have to wait for 5 or 6 chapters to be able to give a proper opinion about it
    It seems to be based on a "what if" interrogation: what if well-known warriors can have a match together, who will win? Oh, that looks like a question directly taken from manga forums It looks also like a Role Playing Game manga.
    In the first chapters the author takes a lot of time to present the historical figures that are now the heroes of the story. It is hard for me to follow the author in his re-visiting of the history. I don't know anything about these characters or these different periods in history, so I can't find any enjoyment with what the author wants to do and explore in the history.
    I also wonder if the characters are part of common knowledge in Japan.

So, what can I enjoy in this manga?
    The colorful personality of the protagonists, so far they were interesting. The concept could turn out to be cool, but I do not know so far.
    Art appeals to me, but battles were not dynamic. So, I still continue to read it, hoping historical facts and digressions won't burden the flow of the story.
    Last edited by Meromorphe; October 15, 2009 at 02:22 PM.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

well another chapter up

seems like some sort of mystical place where the drifters aka the famous people or people who are good warriors and strategists, end up while being close to death. The place is inhabited by other mythical creatures and humans, with humans most probably controlling them due to wining some war long ago.
    Anyway seems the humans dont like these drifters and likewise, since they are evil
    Still the whole person behind this situation seems to be the person who put these drifters in that place itself, the person who was sitting in a chair and first met them when they were transported to an empty corridor before being drifted to the place they are in now

chapter 8 up
    The last panel with the side text looks interesting
    Last edited by Pavitre; October 31, 2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Manga seems interesting, I could see a future for it. Don't think it will be nearly as good as helsing was but I would expect a very decent reading from it.
    I will give my opinion on what has been going on in general but I will put it in spoiler tags.
    Spoiler:  Serious spoiler ahead, careful show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ranigurung's Avatar
    Country
    Nepal
    Post Thanks / Like

i love story better then hellsing but why is take so log to come next chapter

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

How is taking long? It's a monthly manga, Young King Ours comes out on the 30th of the month, and every chapter has been scanlated.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast