Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Drifters by Hirano Kouta

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Schwibs's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drifters by Hirano Kouta

Quote Originally Posted by killer7 View Post
    Hocked from the first Chapter. Why there is only 21 chapters translated only???
    Epic manga and no1 from the translating teams interesting in it? Or is the raw manga hard to find?
    There are only 21 chapters because Hirano has only published 21 chapters as of now.

Unfortunately, according to the Young King Ours homepage there will be no new Drifters chapter this month which means that we will have to wait until next month for Chapter 22. Pity since the Drifters vs. the Offscourings showdown has finally begun.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner killer7's Avatar
    Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL u mean only 1 chapter each month? With this rate we will grow old while the story seems it will never end.
    Last edited by killer7; May 28, 2011 at 01:17 PM.

Epic Game

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Schwibs's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killer7 View Post
    LOL u mean only 1 chapter each month? With this rate we will grow old while the story seems it will never end.
    Yeah, and recently the schedule seems to have been changed to one chapter every other month. I'm sure next month's chapter will be great, though, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Olmine's magic.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Fomano's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 24 out. Anybody that wanna discuss about the series?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Great manga indeed. Funny hitler reference. I'm almost sure that the dark king is jebus

---------- Post added October 29, 2011 at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was October 07, 2011 at 03:29 AM ----------

When is the next chapter coming out?

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devilitachi View Post
    Great manga indeed. Funny hitler reference. I'm almost sure that the dark king is jebus

---------- Post added October 29, 2011 at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was October 07, 2011 at 03:29 AM ----------

When is the next chapter coming out?
    According to the last page in the last chapter October 30th. It goes on sale on that date, which is today for me. It should be out soon, well as soon as it is scanned.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read the translation, it was awesome. Not sure if it is awesome or plain cheating for oda to figure out the gattling gun so early though. During world war I they had a decent bit of trouble due to things like that and this guy looks at the gun and figures it out in an instant. Kinda like pissing on history lol.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw this in the bookstore and picked it up. I have to say this is a pretty good manga. I'm liking Toyohisa and Yoichi.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonster x's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

this thread sure is almost like it were haunted by ghost...
    it already scanlated into chapter 31.. Toyohisa sure really something.. and now their battalion soldier almost complete.. with Elves and Dwarves on their side..

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it is quite sad considering the manga actually is pretty good. Not sure if they would be actually complete though. It seems pretty standard so far, elves on the back and dwarfs on the front however there are plenty other positions which could be filled if we consider what other stuff tends to appear in this sort of story. They do not have actual tanks and octobris does not seem hellbent or capable of providing a lot of spellcasters so far. There are still elements forces to acquire and perhaps even assasin units. Not sure if I am thinking about this too much as with RPGs though.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member majinjeb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if any of have seen it, but I preordered it the second I saw it:

"Until now... I got through it well. I managed to come back from the edge of hell several times. You can say it develops a kind of intuition, And what that intuition tells me now, is... This... is where I'll die." -Squala

"The hopelessness was suffocating. I loved it." -Cinnabar

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I would say the manga has definitely developed nicely even if there haven't been that many chapters released. Getting the dwarfs after the elves is a bit of a generic plot point though, it seems far too similar to warcraft. I have loved the fights though. The fight against the offscouring were indeed exceptionally well made. Joan of arc turned out to have a killer ability for some reason but lost due to inexperience. Can't quite remember if she actually died though. The other guy was a monsters....

I can't help but wonder about what the difference between drifters and offcouring is though. Is it just a name thing? Or are ofcouring something intrinsically different? So far it seems offscouring have abilities which are far from human so perhaps the difference would be there. Is the difference that offscouring have actually literally given up their humanity? Or can there be a drifter who has such special abilities?

As for the dark king, the references to jesus get more and more obvious. Now it turns out he wants to be the messiah of beasts.... I guess the plot will be that this is his revenge for getting crucified. I do wonder if his powers will have an actual explanation, it doesn't seem like he is an actual offscouring.

As for the count saint germain, I have to wonder what he is. I am guessing he is a drifter to begin with as he has actual origins elsewhere however how did he actually get to know murasaki? He has to have at least a connection which in some form transcends ordinary things so to speak. I can't help but wonder if he actually is a human at all. Perhaps he is a sort of legendary creature in human disguise?

---------- Post added November 23, 2012 at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was November 21, 2012 at 03:26 PM ----------

Actually, paying attention to the chapter I noticed something a tad weird. Based on what germain said hitler was actually a drifter sent by murasaki.... I would have thought he'd be an offscouring....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Their abilities are probably due to the offscouring rejecting their humanity, though one would think that Hitler would have fallen into that grouping. Then again, it wasn't like he actually hated all of humanity... Would be interesting to see the Drifters develop abilities too, but it doesn't seem like they really need any. Their natural skills seem plenty at the moment. also, believed Joan was allowed to live and escaped later on.

Anyway, can't wait to see more of what the Dark King is planning. With the mention of five other Great Dragons, I'm guessing they'll play a key role later.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Their abilities having to do with giving up their humanity reminds me a tad too much about alucard. I guess that in this manga it is possible to acquire abilities depending on your personality and abilities if you do forsake your humanity rather than just becoming a vampire. Or maybe they get their abilities from easy(any clues as to what the acronym stands for?) once they die hating humanity.

The great dragons part seem interesting, I wonder if there is some mythology behind that? In warcraft you have the 6 or so dragon aspects which in this case seem to be similar in theme to the ones in the manga.

I can't help but wonder something though. As we have seen the dark king is gathering monsters to destroy humans. Where would elves and dwarfs stand in all of this? Wouldn't they make more sense as allies of the dark king to begin with? Or would they fall under demihumans or something and still be targets of the dark king? What race is next for the drifters for their army? Dwarfs, once they regain their strength, would be the ultimate militia and elves would be the ultimate long range fighters (imagine them with guns). Its a killer combo however as far as an army is concerned they could still get more races and perhaps actually need them. Maybe once orte is conquered they will add actual humans to their ranks? It would make sense and so far perhaps humans would add versatile warriors to the mix and their specialty would depend on individuals rather than on innate talents. The humans were ultimately the ones who ended up conquering the elves and dwarfs when they were at their prime, they can't just randomly make elves and dwarfs appear to be superior.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Being as the dragon was mentioned as bronze, it seems like we'll have the standard metallic theme, though since there is normally only five, don't know what the sixth dragon will be.

Well, elves and dwarves have always been a different kind of monster then goblins and kobolds, but from the way it looks, they weren't originally recruited because they were imprisoned within Orte, whereas the Dark king appears to be moving in from the outside. Will be interesting to see where they fall in his beliefs eventually.

Halflings are probably next, as they were mentioned along with the dwarves. As for humans, I could see the people from the rebelling lands joining with them. The Count seems well aware of the different factions and was already shown smart enough to side with a growing power, so it's possible he'll be the key to bringing in more humans.
    Last edited by Rikudou King; November 24, 2012 at 04:01 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast